God wants gays dead, says beauty queen (2 Viewers)

HSC
some ragheads were like mohommad is the prophet of god (same god as xstians apparently) so we worship his teachings as opposed to jesus and because of that one tiny difference we wage HOLY WARS against non believers (even though we all believe in the same god and we just place differetn significance on different "prophets" and their teachings (teaching sthat are very similar despite some aesthetic differences) and the xtians went through some period of enlightenment where they tried to reconcile their beliefs with modern views and muslis havent done this yet cos they are too busy being all JIHAD JIHAD instead of being the learned shcolars they used to be renoundeded for

Scorch

HSC
each person is entitled to their own idea of right and wrong and even when it comes to christian moral codes...things aren't always black and white.
but i guess you just have to think about these things sometimes even if it means being a bit skeptical.
things change
what was right then is wrong now
what is right now was wrong then.

that's just my opinion.
Of course. The logical extension then is that when the Book not only has no moral consistency or any element of timelessness and is full of mistakes, fabrications and logical inconsistencies, it is quite clearly not divine. If God designed the universe in all its complexity and intricacy, he would, were he to divinely-inspire someone to write a book about it, inspire them correctly. He would not inspire them to write scientific rubbish such as Adam and Eve and the nonsense of Genesis and he would not inspire them to write complete fabrications such as the entirety of the story of Exodus.

and the xtians went through some period of enlightenment where they tried to reconcile their beliefs with modern views and muslis havent done this yet cos they are too busy being all JIHAD JIHAD instead of being the learned shcolars they used to be renoundeded for
Islam is just honest about the fact that its religion is brutal, barbaric and violent, unlike Christianity.

nevery

HSC
actually, the passage she has quoted says that jews should stone gays to death, not christians...Its from the old testament...WE should forgive them yet aknowledge that they are sinning...She's a dumb blonde who doesn't fully undersatnd what she's talking about!

Also, your second link is broken
+1.

People who say God hates fags and that the Bible calls for the supression of women have obviously never read it and are ignorant of what they are criticisng. People who discuss texts like the Bible ought to get to know it and what it actually means before they criticise it.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
can you explain to me what the bible says RE homosexuality?

and also what the bible means

summarised version

nevery

HSC
can you explain to me what the bible says RE homosexuality?

and also what the bible means

summarised version
The Bible says everyone is forgiven by God if they repent, no matter what sin the have committed - that includes homosexuals.
If one has homosexual tendencies, that may not necessairly be a sin, but acting on those is definately a sin. If someone is homosexual but is convicted by the Bible that it is wrong and they repent, then they don't have to suffer God's wrath. This applies to any sin. God looks at all sins equally.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
why is homosexuality viewed as a sin when it has been proven to be perfectly natural?

also

what is involved in repenting a sin?

could i theoretically do this on my deathbed/as i bleed to death?

nevery

HSC
why is homosexuality viewed as a sin when it has been proven to be perfectly natural?

also

what is involved in repenting a sin?

could i theoretically do this on my deathbed/as i bleed to death?
Homosexuality is described as a sin in the Bible becasue God made man and woman to engage in the act of sex for the purposes of reproduction. That's the purpose of sex. And in His good grace, he made it pleasurable as well. :)

In this fallen world, many bad things are considered 'natural'.

--

Repenting is the act of 'turning around'. It is admiting to God that you have done wrong by Him and having Faith that if you believe this truely in your heart, He will save you by His grace, by way of Jesus's death and resurrection on the cross, as a perfect man. Repenting is also about living this out in your lives. Faith without deeds is dead, as it says in James.

Sorry if that sounded very technical. Best to read the Bible rather than my posts. :)

The books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Romans are good places to start.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
mission control we got a bible nut, repeat we got a bible nut. permission to fire religion killing torpedo.

torpedo armed....FIRE!!!!

mission failed, he put up his ignorance and stupidity field......

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
Homosexuality is described as a sin in the Bible becasue God made man and woman to engage in the act of sex for the purposes of reproduction. That's the purpose of sex. And in His good grace, he made it pleasurable as well. :)

--

Repenting is the act of 'turning around'. It is admiting to God that you have done wrong by Him and having Faith that if you believe this truely in your heart, He will save you by His grace, by way of Jesus's death and resurrection on the cross, as a perfect man. Repenting is also about living this out in your lives. Faith without deeds is dead, as it says in James.

Sorry if that sounded very technical. Best to read the Bible rather than my posts. :)

The books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Romans are good places to start.
ya dont think humans evolved so that sex became extremely pleasurable and thus made people more likely to want to reproduce
?

Scorch

HSC

Several points here as to why this is absurd.

1. If God created the human body in perfection why did he engineer it such that anal sex is pleasurable?
  2. If God is so omnipotent and can see everything in the future then why did he make such a bad mistake in the first place and then blame us for it? It's rather the height of negligence on his part.
  3. Why should a book that condones slaughter, oppression of women, war-crimes, sex slavery, normal slavery, the butchery of prisoners of war and human sacrifice have any authority to tell a rational human being what kind of sex he ought to be having?

This is just to start off with. If you really insist I'll fully deconstruct the entire Christian ethos and demonstrate how it is disgusting, hypocritical, violent and an altogether ghastly thing.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
This is just to start off with. If you really insist I'll fully deconstruct the entire Christian ethos and demonstrate how it is disgusting, hypocritical, violent and an altogether ghastly thing.
Aw, Scorch. You make me smile.

jaylove

Banned
HSC
Several points here as to why this is absurd.

1. If God created the human body in perfection why did he engineer it such that anal sex is pleasurable?
  2. If God is so omnipotent and can see everything in the future then why did he make such a bad mistake in the first place and then blame us for it? It's rather the height of negligence on his part.
  3. Why should a book that condones slaughter, oppression of women, war-crimes, sex slavery, normal slavery, the butchery of prisoners of war and human sacrifice have any authority to tell a rational human being what kind of sex he ought to be having?

i totally agree with your points eeven though im christian and i believe in God.
i mean, seriously, God knows the future and everything and and can make things happen and if he doesnt want things to happen, i think he has the power to stop it.
and if god wants gays dead then he wouldve killed them or he wouldve prevented the whole concept of a relationship that involved the same gender.

besides, who's to say that gay people arent sent bby god?

many stupid people go around fucking eachother, popping out kids and deciding that theyr not fucked to look after them.. or many guys knock up a woman and then decide to piss off on them, like.. whos to say that gays were made to save these children?

alot of people would rather have their own children than adopt someone elses child that was reproduced in the act of sin (and im tlkn about really extremist religious people), and im strictly opposed to that sort of thinking. and so maybe Gays are made to look after those children?:)
and i seriously think that theres a purpose for gays.

even though people believe its adam and eve, not adam and steve , i rekon that people shouldnt judge anyone or decide wetha or not god wants gays dead because if he did, he ouldve killed them all, he doesnt need messangers preaching about how gays should die. :)

God has a plan for evrything and evryone :)

Scorch

HSC
While a far more moral view, the inherent problem is that in saying that God accepts homosexuality is that the Bible quite clearly says he doesn't.

jaylove

Banned
HSC
While a far more moral view, the inherent problem is that in saying that God accepts homosexuality is that the Bible quite clearly says he doesn't.

well i personally would like to think that God, who's ever so loving, loves everyone equally and has a purpose of everyone :)

i mean come on, who are we to decide wether or not God hates gays?
maybe the bible says so but still.. maybe God changed his mind? :) lol

i dont know, i just personally love everyone even gays :)
i just hate terrorists ..
killing people is not acceptable, and i dont care if any holy scripture says it is.
:)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
well i personally would like to think that God, who's ever so loving, loves everyone equally and has a purpose of everyone :)

i mean come on, who are we to decide wether or not God hates gays?
maybe the bible says so but still.. maybe God changed his mind? :) lol

i dont know, i just personally love everyone even gays :)
i just hate terrorists ..
killing people is not acceptable, and i dont care if any holy scripture says it is.
:)
God changing his mind= God being wrong= God not being perfect= God not being God= God doesn't exist.

Thank you come again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)