Good/Bad things about your school (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well. About my old school.

Good
Heaps of new facilities, including a brand new music room, a tiered theatre, a new hall, a new TAS building complete with woodworks and metalworks rooms, a new junior school building for years 7 & 8 (which means no year 7 or 8 students in the 9 - 12 part of the school) and a brand new library.
Great teachers.
I started there in year 11 and became prefect/SRC in year 12, so awesome opportunities.
Great teachers :) All of them :)

Bad
All those great new facilities? Opened this year. AFTER I finished.

aya-chan

HSC
It looks like one huge building to me. It just goes around and around. At least our connecting corridors mark each building as a separate block. Also there are lifts so the school is wheelchair friendly.
We have lifts too... DD=

aya-chan

HSC
well. About my old school.

good
heaps of new facilities, including a brand new music room, a tiered theatre, a new hall, a new tas building complete with woodworks and metalworks rooms, a new junior school building for years 7 & 8 (which means no year 7 or 8 students in the 9 - 12 part of the school) and a brand new library.
Great teachers.
I started there in year 11 and became prefect/src in year 12, so awesome opportunities.
Great teachers :) all of them :)

bad
all those great new facilities? Opened this year. After i finished.
lol.

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
School:
Canterbury girls High (NSW)

Good:
-great teachers
-careers advisor retired (yesss!)
-Great facilities (even getting a gym and new science labs, got the smartboards and loads of computers, and were getting the laptops for each student, unfortunatley our year miss out on it this time)
- Pretty much always in the top 200
-great kids

Bad:
-being a public school and a bit lax on uniform, some girls choose to have there skirts really short (*cough* year nine's) seriously we dont wanna see you lady lumps

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Meh.

I don't know the names of half the people in my year, despite having been with them since year 7. Some of the people whose names I do know, I wish I didn't. I like my friends, and without them probably would have switched schools ages ago.

The quirky teaches (eg my ex-millionaire physics teacher) are both good and bad; they are very entertaining, but teach rarely.

Some of the religious elements get a little annoying, and some of the CD teachers are a little wack, however mostly I find it all quite interesting. I am in constant debate with my Christian friends about one thing or another.

We had an awesome principle, but he left on Friday to become the principle of some Canberra school where Kevin Rudd's son goes. Now we're going to end school with some stranger as principle, which majorly sucks.

Meh.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Bad:
-being a public school and a bit lax on uniform, some girls choose to have there skirts really short (*cough* year nine's) seriously we dont wanna see you lady lumps
That's the biggest postive of your school. Yes I do want to see lady lumps thanks.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
GOOD

• Most of the Creative Arts/English teachers are awesome
  • Common room is the size of a warehouse
  • Near local shops
..that's about it.

BAD

• Really bad management/administration
  • Private School = treatment dependent on your surname or the amount of money Daddy's donated to the school.
  • Lack of subjects (No Religion, EES, S&C, Music 1, PDHPE, Drama only JUST became a subject)
  • School cashes in on exchange students, meaning about 3/4 of the year can't speak English
  • Everyone is mega rich and flaunts it.
  • Scholarship students (like myself) are never chosen for prefect/captains
  • Big emphasis on sporting achievements and nothing else
  • Only teach one language (French)
and this is one of the most expensive private schools on the northern beaches!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Good:
- a large variety of subjects to choose from
- most teachers are really good
- people in the top classes are pretty cool

Bad:
- there are a lot of sluts and ferals
- ranked in the 400s
- we only get about 6 people getting uais of over 90
- we suck

There's my cheapo lil school.

s2Vicki

[untitled]
HSC
Good :)
1. Some good teachers
2. Some good facilities and resources
3. Oval/soccer field, a few basketball/netball courts
4. Music bulding which includes a danceroom, large open space for performances as well as lighting equipment etc
4. Lifts (but only students who need them can use them)
5. Close to 2 shopping centres, nearby shops and train station

Bad :(
1. Some bad teachers
3. Heaters don't work in some rooms and no a/c in most rooms
4. Not enough seating in senior playground
5. Some bad students who are rude and don't respect seniors
6. Toilets are in a very bad state atm

macdoggle

HSC
Good:
-Some pretty sweet senior(yr 11&12) only courtyards,as opposed to a common room.
-A pretty awesome Science HT who's my Seinior Science teach.
-Although we're a somewhat ddgey public school an have our fair share of deucebags and jerkhats, at least they aren't any deucebags and jerkhats that are as smart as me.
-Enough 'smart doodz' to have high-end compitition without being overcrowed at he top.
-The smartest teacher(probably person) I've ever come across is our Maths HT & my maths teacher. I couldn't say he's the most effective Maths teacher in the state but he's prolly close to it.
-It ain't overflowing with nerdz.

Bad:
-Previously mentioned Maths teacher and myself argue over mathmatical junk a lot an rarely see eye to eye.(is funny though,lul)
-No airconditioning
-A lot of crap teachers.I mean,heaps. Particularly english teachers.
-Nightmare Deputy Principal lady hates kids and constantly reminds yr12 that we will crash and burn come HSC. It's like harry potter five,man.
-Nightmare Music/art/D&T HT hates everyone including other teachers. Frequently makes yr7s cry.
-It's a tad ghetto. A tad.

autumn-bird

HSC
GOOD:
- my chem teacher! she makes the subject very interesting and understandable.
- fun house activities, like chorals....
- located in the city, so is easy to go shopping after school (haha)
- wednesdays we end early (like at 1.30pm as opposed to 3.10pm on other days... score!)
- most of the students there are harry-potter-fanatics. :D
- v. clean. like there's hardly any rubbish floating around on the school grounds and the desks are clean and free from graffiti and rude drawings (my old school had tons of these... :p )

BAD:
- located in the city, so have to wake up at like 6.20am (!!!!) to get train and tram/walk to arrive at school by 8.30am, at which it starts
- most students are uber-competitive for high marks (that's what you get for attending a select-entry school, i guess... haha)
- some of the clocks tell the wrong time... but pfft, doesn't worry me too much
- the airconditioning and heater system is odd... like in winter, they blast the aircons; and in summer, the heater often goes on. so silly!

yeah. :D

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
What are the good/bad things about your school?

These are the good things which make me love my school:
  1. We literally have some of the best school counsellor,
  2. We also have the best Business Studies teachers (probably the best ones in the state), funniest teachers, and also the ones who can relate to students very very well.
  3. I have friends who are absolutely the best people that I was very fortunate to have met and become friends with.
  4. We have a great academic programme for Gifted and Talented (e.g. Mathematics acceleration Programme)
  5. Printing is free, xD
  6. We also have a great career counsellor <3 her for all these efforts that she has made for us =)
  7. One of the teacher there is just so great! She does all these extra works for students after school. omg, if I do become teacher...it's all because of her lol
  8. Funniest, relaxed school environment which helps me study better sometimes
  9. My school is full of motivation.
  10. My school opens doors for many opportunities post-graduation e.g. many ex-students come in and help fellow students and also get paid lol
  11. Its awesome name - St Pius X College. OMG, so cool =) jkkks
On the other hand:
  1. Really dodgy teachers are there too who have no idea what they are on about.
  2. School facilities are not very good
  3. School policies in regards to subjects are retarded
  4. While we have the best students, we also have the worst...litearlly the worst...who have commited crime and stuff =(
At least your good students overpower in the hsc and rankings over the bad students. Our bad students decrease our schools rank because they simply refuse to go to tafe.

Good:
- Top class always gets best priority ( i suppose that is in every school )
- A lot of great teachers
- Great year advisors

Bad:
- Poor buildings and facilities
- Ferals.
- Also a lot of bad teachers who either wander around the topic or speak about their personal life.

xMaFF

HSC
GOOD:
- my chem teacher! she makes the subject very interesting and understandable.
- fun house activities, like chorals....
- located in the city, so is easy to go shopping after school (haha)
- wednesdays we end early (like at 1.30pm as opposed to 3.10pm on other days... score!)
- most of the students there are harry-potter-fanatics. :D
- v. clean. like there's hardly any rubbish floating around on the school grounds and the desks are clean and free from graffiti and rude drawings (my old school had tons of these... :p )

BAD:
- located in the city, so have to wake up at like 6.20am (!!!!) to get train and tram/walk to arrive at school by 8.30am, at which it starts
- most students are uber-competitive for high marks (that's what you get for attending a select-entry school, i guess... haha)
- some of the clocks tell the wrong time... but pfft, doesn't worry me too much
- the airconditioning and heater system is odd... like in winter, they blast the aircons; and in summer, the heater often goes on. so silly!

yeah. :D

You must tell me which school you go to!
I may be going there next year.

Sounds fun.

Hypermelon

HSC
Loves: the (esp science and maths)
the principal
free photocopying
the canteen!!
Hates: the wildlife we get in summer (brown snakes etc)
the year 10s smell funny and if you try to talk to a male one you'll usually get a grunt or a ggGGGRRRRRRRRRRR out of them
my school has 2 campuses (7-9 and 10-12) and is a cheap catholic school. its known for being cheap. priority goes to the junior campus most the time coz of year 7 enrollments
The lack of organization
every single teaching building is painted white

klitzy

HSC
7. We always seem to be running out of toilet paper....
You poor thing. The girls here complained their mirror got taken away for a few months before it was replaced with two new ones. The boys? We only just got toilet paper. From mid-2007 to maybe June this year, there weren't even holders for toilet paper, letalone the paper itself. They just disappeared one day and didn't come back.

Kittikhun

HSC
The good-
1). The majority of the teachers in the mathematics, English, history and science departments are awesome and know their stuff. They are also mentally tough and very tactful in dealing with idiots.
2). Seniors start school early at 7.55am.
3). There is an excellent variety of books in the library.
4). There is a HIU for the hearing impaired.
4). The unpopular kids in the school are cool.

The bad-
1). 95% of the juniors are dickheads and sluts whose mental capacities can be compared to that of less than a piece of A4 paper.
2). The year sevens are always teased by the year 9s and 10s for no good reason, especially the good year seven kids who like to learn. The disabled and deaf kids at our school are also always teased frequently and ostracised by juniors and sometimes even seniors each day.
3). When you do your exams the exam room is never quiet. There are always idiots in the blocks who truant and run around screaming to distract you or to attract attention to themselves.
4). We always hear the German teacher yelling every day to try to control his annoying and stupid year 8s in the room adjacent to mine when I have Ancient or Modern History. He's a nice guy and it's just slack and sad when the year 8s do this sort of crap to him and wreck his room.
5). Most of the school does not want to learn and instead like provoking the teachers to go into a rage which sometimes happens.
6). Good kids are forced to act bad to fit in and they thus lose the ability to stand up for themselves and make their own decisions. This is bad for them in later life.
7). When you lose a valuable it is gone forever. Missing Ipods, mobile phones or blackberries are rarely returned.
8). The phenomenon of someone's missing mobile phone is almost a weekly occurance.
8). Most of the popular kids are not nice and talk about trivial things that do not matter i.e. sex, drinking etc.
9). Some of our senior leaders hardly do anything.
10). Senior leader elections are based looks and popularity rather than leadership. (you don't do a speech when try out for senior leader. You just say your name at assembly and the school votes off that.)
11). Most of the white kids are racist and are Australian jingoists who don't even know one thing close to Australian history or values.
12). The toilets are never cleaned and thus digusting and stinky.
13). There is no soap in the toilets nor toilet paper.
14). You don't take a shit at school. You have to wait until you get home.
15). There is a huge lack in facilities. We also have outdated equipment and our hall can not fit us all in.
Sport equipment is also wrecked by idiots.
16). Our knockout sport team coaches in sports other than rugby or soccer don't train us. They look at us and let us be. We have to train ourselves (don't get me talking about our knockout basketball team).
17). The PE department is very, very lazy and just want to get paid. Some of the PE teachers are arrogant wankers who don't know anything as well.
18). The social science department is very dismal in teaching.
19). There is no such place in the school where you can do your study in any peace or quiet. You have to study at home.
20). No one encourages us to do extra-curricular activites and thus most of our year 12 university applicants have nothing to put down in their CVs. It's deeply saddening to see the expression on their faces when they realise that their hard work and dedication has amounted to amounted to almost nothing when they apply for scholarships or really selective universities.
21). Our career advisor hardly does anything for the rest of the school except for those who are senior leaders (i.e. syncophants) and she discourages us from applying to universities other than that Wollongong or UWS. She also only helps those she likes thus you if you are quiet and shy like me you must be your own career advisor.
22). Her smile also pisses you off as you can see that it is completely fake.
23). Hardly any of the seniors help each other out and always keep resources to themselves. Bitching is prevalent in the senior years.
24). The seniors always complain about private or selective high schools rather than actually doing their work. (which is understandable but annoying at times)
25). Only German is offered as a language to learn.
Our LOTE teacher (German teacher) does not inform his year 8s about the option of Open High School. You must do that yourself which is disappointing since there are some students who like to do languages besides German but it understandable since most of his classes are filled with idiots.
26). The substitutes that come into school always seem to be some random person dragged off the street to teach.
27). We have to share our oval with the primary school children. Fun.
28). There is not shelter to cover us when it rains.
29). When it rains the popular kids always come in and crowd the library, talking and not putting back their female magaziens on their respective proper racks.
30). The librarian is a real b#%$*. (the other one is nice though)
31). The library is always closed during recess on Fridays.
32). The computer lab is situated in the library thus the library is never quiet when you want to study.
33). Seniors don't shut up in the library.
34). 60% of the Seniors don't study.
35). The school is ranked 600 or somewhere around that.
36). There is more to add to this list.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Nice school mate. our subs include a Fossil, a South African woman who loves the apartheid and a beardface.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
The good-
1). The majority of the teachers in the mathematics, English, history and science departments are awesome and know their stuff. They are also mentally tough and very tactful in dealing with idiots.

The bad-
1). 95% of the juniors are dickheads and sluts whose mental capacities can be compared to that of less than a piece of A4 paper.
2). The year sevens are always teased by the year 9s and 10s for no good reason, especially the good year seven kids who like to learn. The disabled and deaf kids at our school are also always teased frequently and ostracised by juniors and sometimes even seniors each day.
3). When you do your exams the exam room is never quiet. There are always idiots in the blocks who truant and run around screaming to distract you or to attract attention to themselves.
4). We always hear the German teacher yelling every day to try to control his annoying and stupid year 8s in the room adjacent to mine when I have Ancient or Modern History. He's a nice guy and it's just slack and sad when the year 8s do this sort of crap to him and wreck his room.
5). Most of the school does not want to learn and instead like provoking the teachers to go into a rage which sometimes happens.
6). Good kids are forced to act bad to fit in and they thus lose the ability to stand up for themselves and make their own decisions. This is bad for them in later life.
7). When you lose a valuable it is gone forever. Missing Ipods, mobile phones or blackberries are rarely returned.
8). The phenomenon of someone's missing mobile phone is almost a weekly occurance.
8). Most of the popular kids are not nice and talk about trivial things that do not matter i.e. sex, drinking etc.
10). Senior leader elections are based looks and popularity rather than leadership. (you don't do a speech when try out for senior leader. You just say your name at assembly and the school votes off that.)
11). Most of the white kids are racist and are Australian jingoists who don't even know one thing close to Australian history or values.
15). There is a huge lack in facilities. We also have outdated equipment and our hall can not fit us all in.
16). Our knockout sport team coaches in sports other than rugby or soccer don't train us. They look at us and let us be. We have to train ourselves (don't get me talking about our knockout basketball team).
17). The PE department is very, very lazy and just want to get paid. Some of the PE teachers are arrogant wankers who don't know anything as well.
19). There is no such place in the school where you can do your study in any peace or quiet. You have to study at home.
20). No one encourages us to do extra-curricular activites and thus most of our year 12 university applicants have nothing to put down in their CVs. It's deeply saddening to see the expression on their faces when they realise that their hard work and dedication has amounted to amounted to almost nothing when they apply for scholarships or really selective universities.
21). Our career advisor hardly does anything for the rest of the school except for those who are senior leaders (i.e. syncophants) and she discourages us from applying to universities other than that Wollongong or UWS. She also only helps those she likes thus you if you are quiet and shy like me you must be your own career advisor.
23). Hardly any of the seniors help each other out and always keep resources to themselves. Bitching is prevalent in the senior years.
24). The seniors always complain about private or selective high schools rather than actually doing their work. (which is understandable but annoying at times)
Our LOTE teacher (German teacher) does not inform his year 8s about the option of Open High School. You must do that yourself which is disappointing since there are some students who like to do languages besides German but it understandable since most of his classes are filled with idiots.
26). The substitutes that come into school always seem to be some random person dragged off the street to teach.
29). When it rains the popular kids always come in and crowd the library, talking and not putting back their female magaziens on their respective proper racks.
32). The computer lab is situated in the library thus the library is never quiet when you want to study.

Wow you made a really long list. I've read it briefly and it sounds a lot like my school.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
The good-

The bad-

TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE! I go to the same school as well.
There is a one mistake however... the disabled students are the biggest bullies to the newly year 7 in their group.
The senior study is seriously not a study area but a chit-chat and gossiping section.
I'm in year 12 and yes, many people in my grade are just there for the sake it so they can get their parents off their backs. Many just take days off... barely come to school... and others are planning to fail the HSC just for the fun of it...
My maths teacher is absolutely AWESOME and one of the best... but maybe that's b/c I had him for 5 years...
My english teacher in year 8...let's see.... all we did was watch movies...
In year 10... for english it was more about "health"... yes we talked about the "boys" an d"girls" parts... >_<
Don't get me started on the resources...
Senior leaders do nothing but eat and look nice....
Many of my classes are full of lazy people that don't want to do work so they get the teacher off track by asking questions that are not even relevant to the subject.
THERE ARE CHEATERS AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT!
The year sevens, eights, nine.... how do I put this in a nice way... I can hear them barking(literally the kid was barking) or it will be direct swearing in a teacher's face (to the point I want to slap the kid in the face... they have no rights to say anything like that to a teacher).
Many of my grade major works ahve been destroyed by the year eights....
There is always the smell of smoke in toilets and our senior toilet has been shut down due to lil year 8&9s who perceive smoking as the route to popularity X_X

I have more to add onto the list but jus cbb at the moment.

xxrenzo

HSC
Good:

Bad:
-Previously mentioned Maths teacher and myself argue over mathmatical junk a lot an rarely see eye to eye.(is funny though,lul)
-No airconditioning
-A lot of crap teachers.I mean,heaps. Particularly english teachers.
-Nightmare Deputy Principal lady hates kids and constantly reminds yr12 that we will crash and burn come HSC. It's like harry potter five,man.
-Nightmare Music/art/D&T HT hates everyone including other teachers. Frequently makes yr7s cry.
-It's a tad ghetto. A tad.
haha some of ur teachers and particularly ur deputy principle sound like nazis :/
there's always a couple in every school tho

my school has to be one of the most ghetto
but the teachers are supportive...
eh
it's all over in 3 months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)