• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good conversation starter to a random girl. (1 Viewer)

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
lol, talking to random girls at the station ftw
best only to do this in safer districts such as the north shore line, i fancy talking to a random girl at redfern or similar might get you tasered or some such

i suppose start out with a compliment or a question?
im sort of shameless in that ive started conversations with randoms before at the station, and so far none of them have tried to mace me

PS- try to avoid looking too dishevelled

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
just sit next to them. I sit next to random strangers on the train, on the bus, in lectures or tutes whatever and then i tend to start awesome convos cause i dunno i guess its my thing.

If you are sitting next to them its like an excuse to talk, then make some random comment and see what they do/say [ if they ignore you then its a no go]

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cuppas said:
i suppose start out with a compliment ...
I'm pretty sure hiphop was joking, but this is the dumbest idea. What are you going to say? "Your hair smells pretty" or "You're good at catching trains". No matter what "compliment" you use it will sound awkward.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Skeeta said:
ask for the time and when the next train is coming in?

Go from there.
"What the hell is wrong with you dumbass? The signs right there".... Goes back to friends "that guy just asked me when the next train was coming, what a dumbass"

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i guess you could talk about the weather to kick start things off...or if youre waiting for a train, just make a comment of it, then go from there
once youve made the first step, it gets a lot easier

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why are these random girls at the train station so good anyway? Fuck them, you know nothing of them except you see them everyday and they're somewhat pretty, try to go places where you can meet someone you know will have similar interests/life experiences to you and might be a little more interesting.

If you really must talk to them then just say anything, there's nothing you can do to really make yourself look any better, people aren't so stupid and besides... it's way too insignificant to worry what they might think about you.

bahhh

HSC
Yeah it is on the North shore line - but perhaps I will go for the whole complaining thing on a day when the train is delayed... So definately sometime next week = P

HSC
bahhh said:
Yeah it is on the North shore line - but perhaps I will go for the whole complaining thing on a day when the train is delayed... So definately sometime next week = P
That's a great idea, bitching about inane bullshit is probably the best first impression ever!

Wait no, second best, you could surpass it by punching her in the face!

bahhh

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
That's a great idea, bitching about inane bullshit is probably the best first impression ever!

Wait no, second best, you could surpass it by punching her in the face!

Maybe not then = P

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Hey do u like catching tangara's, millenenium trains, or trains with no air con?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
BumJockey Bill said:
Stare at em, and lick your lips.
With your right index finger sticking out of your zipper...ala Mr. Bean.

Season

HSC
I love love talking to randoms, so much fun and you'll find out interesting information you would have never learnt anyway.

Just find some common ground and follow it

time the next bus comes
ask if its on time
ask about 'how freaking cold/hot it is'
conditions of the train
ask for the time

ooo I know, say you're buying a present for your sister and ask her opinion about it, bring a catalogue along. If you don't want to sound cheesy say that you always got her this crappy gift but this year she is demanding something other then a book voucher... be creative

then you can ask about siblings, family, growing up etc. that's an endless question

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
bahhh said:
I'm no sleaze bag, I have never cheated or anything like that, but I have not had a girlfriend in a year or so and don't have many girls in my life and clearly I'm not getting anymore unless I do something about it... So there are these 2 girls at my station most mornings, and my friend (who has a girlfriend) is willing to help me start a conversation with them as a favour and go from there... But I am just not sure about what I should say. I don't want to use a stupid pick-up line or something, just some good conversation help would be appreciated.
ask her where she's heading and say "omg me too! you really shouldn't go there alone, the lebs might rape you. I'll come with you" ;) :k

ttenrahoguh

HSC
BumJockey Bill said:
Stare at em, and lick your lips.
yes, you could also undo your fly and give em' the old pelvic thrust. I can assure you, it works a treat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)