good rock music 2 download (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I dont suppose you know the yellowcard song that has them running from this crazy lady? Its ocean something..but I can't find it! Damn it! :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
It's called "From The Sea".
man these guys rocked @ Metro a few weeks ago, and boy have they come far from 'sweater' :D

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Oh sweater.. I was in yr 7 when I first heard that song!

Sweater and They Might Be Giants- Doctor Worm, were my faves

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
man these guys rocked @ Metro a few weeks ago, and boy have they come far from 'sweater' :D
Yay for you.

Hey, what's a good Pixies song to download?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
AFI- Silver and Cold, Girls Not Grey, Synesthesia, Bleed Black, Dancing Through Sunday, The Great Disappointment...actually, the entire Sing the Sorrow album.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
GRR!!!

:D

FEAR OF THE DARK!! I HAVE A FEAR THAT SOMETHINGS ALWAYS NEAR!!!
666666666666666666666666666666666 THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST 666666666666666666666 THE ONE FOR YOU AND ME!

:D

Brad

Originally posted by Loz#1
Yay for you.

Hey, what's a good Pixies song to download?
Here comes your man, Debaser, Where is my Mind, Hey, Gigantic.

the new one Bam Thowck sounds a bit like a breeders song though but Whatever the case, there's no mistaking the track as a Pixies song: Joey Santiago's signature guttural guitarwork alternately wails and groans like a tortured wild thing while David Lovering's drumkit guides Deal's jagged, unpredictable hooks with graceful effortless. In fact, the only major difference in the actual sound of the band today is a more confident air of technical proficiency. Where "Bam Thwok" falters is in the songwriting itself: Inspired by a story Kim Deal found on the street in a child's abandoned art book, the song's chorus sends a vague message of universal togetherness-- "Love, bang, crash, wakka wakka, bam thwok"-- that unfortunately grates by the end of the song's brief 2½-minute runtime.

While by no means a truly weak effort, the interminable repetition of the somewhat lacking chorus and its unrelenting Fozzie Bear invocation do fall a bit short of the band's previous standards. Additionally-- though this is slightly less significant-- the intense, determined charge that propelled the group's best work is somewhat diminished. And somehow, even with the songwriting falling short of the bar, it is good to hear the Pixies still challenging themselves melodically-- the track's widely discussed organ breakdown is an experimental quirk most groups wouldn't dare attempt after 13 years apart-- and otherwise maintaining high standards for distinctive and ambitious musicianship. [

Last edited:

anna's ghost

pitchfork, right? :p

I liked it. It wouldn't be a Pixies song if I knew what they were saying.

Brad

Haha got it straight away.

I thought i heard wagga wagga in there!! hahaha.

It is weird that they chose to come out with a song which i heard Kim Deal Wrote and recorded herself. no wonder it sounds like a breeders song

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Brad
It is weird that they chose to come out with a song which i heard Kim Deal Wrote and recorded herself. no wonder it sounds like a breeders song
Particularly as she only wrote (or co-wrote) two Pixies songs, those being Gigantic and Silver.

10 other recommended Pixies songs;
Letter To Memphis (My favourite song of theirs, yet one that isn't mentioned often. Should have been the closing track on Trompe Le Monde.
Planet Of Sound (Rawk)
Velouria
The Happening
Winterlong (Nice Neil Young cover)
In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song)
Dead
Wave Of Mutilation (Either version.)
Caribou
River Euphrates (Re-recorded version, if possible.)

Brad

Yeah. I really like Gigantic though. I prefer it when Black is singing.

I heard they are coming down for BDO next year

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Here comes your man, Debaser, Where is my Mind, Hey, Gigantic.

the new one Bam Thowck sounds a bit like a breeders song though but Whatever the case, there's no mistaking the track as a Pixies song: Joey Santiago's signature guttural guitarwork alternately wails and groans like a tortured wild thing while David Lovering's drumkit guides Deal's jagged, unpredictable hooks with graceful effortless. In fact, the only major difference in the actual sound of the band today is a more confident air of technical proficiency. Where "Bam Thwok" falters is in the songwriting itself: Inspired by a story Kim Deal found on the street in a child's abandoned art book, the song's chorus sends a vague message of universal togetherness-- "Love, bang, crash, wakka wakka, bam thwok"-- that unfortunately grates by the end of the song's brief 2½-minute runtime.

While by no means a truly weak effort, the interminable repetition of the somewhat lacking chorus and its unrelenting Fozzie Bear invocation do fall a bit short of the band's previous standards. Additionally-- though this is slightly less significant-- the intense, determined charge that propelled the group's best work is somewhat diminished. And somehow, even with the songwriting falling short of the bar, it is good to hear the Pixies still challenging themselves melodically-- the track's widely discussed organ breakdown is an experimental quirk most groups wouldn't dare attempt after 13 years apart-- and otherwise maintaining high standards for distinctive and ambitious musicianship. [
Haha, nice effort Brad. Thanks :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Don't thank me. Thank that pile of wank thats called pitchfork
Speaking of wankiness and Pitchfork, have you read their review of Kid A? I love the album, but the review is truly horrible.

denise

the reason good rock music is on the top 40, is because people like you can't stop promoting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)