Governemnt increse price...for us??? (1 Viewer)

Azn fairies

i just heard on the news today that the governemnt (fucken johnny) is planing to increse the hex paying fee by 30% and increse the number of full fee paying student by 50%.. and he is trying to past this bill by christmas.then does this mena this legistration will effect 2003 year12 students or 2004 students???..

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
yes i read somewhere

it is predicted Australia will become much like America

where getting a degree will cost $100,000 that is 4 years uni

im not sure if i read it properly

personally, i think John Howard is a fucken arsehole who should burn in hell

rich get richer, poor get poorer, is the philosophy fucken Howard is trying to reinforce

Azn fairies

lol ..ahah agree 100% .. he incres fees and cut the number of student intake ...fuck!! no logic ..hope bill dosn't get passed (goes to break jonny;'s leg)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
even if someone gets a semi-auto and shoot his brains out

he will probably come out of his grave and change the bill or constitution

he is scary, im freaked :p fucken howard

Azn fairies

lol ..ahah .. luckly there are the labour and demoncrate who are willing to stop the bastard from passing the bill *goes to pray*

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Labour and Democrats don't really have that much power i *THINK*

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah, they have a fair ammount of power in the Senate, possibly even a majority if combined with the Greens.

Tocatina

John Howard is very bad. Give the little prick the big flick is my opinion. For all you gun waving lunatics out there (I'm sure there are plenty) I know where he holidays! lol

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
what about bob carr?
doesnt he plan to cut all this shit as well?
i agree!
uni prices are going up for the class of 2004 ! >.<
phuck man... *hopefully* my parents business will work... butt hats really slack... about cutting off.. it really segragates the rich from the poor ansd places the rich at a higher advantage than the poor... its really sucks...

0ver97

higher UNI fees increase the overall educational standard in Australia, hence making the workforce alot more efficient creating a stronger economy for australia.

with fees higher, the govt has more money to spend on security and defence, and after those tragic terrorists events, im certain you'll put a strong security system before that of urself getting through uni. also, social welfare payments for the rapidly increasing aging population. as for the argument surrounding the inequality in society, well welfare payments have gone up making it balance out.

and many more factors that justify his decision

remember, the reasons are many and complex, johhny wouldnt just increase the fees for fun, its not like he gets anything?

critisism is the luxury of those who stand on the sideline.

maniacguy

Comments:
- Higher UNI fees do absolutely nothing to touch the educational standards in Australia. Increased funding to the Universities does. Is there a difference? Yes. If the Federal Government were to put more funding into universities, then an improvement in standards WITHOUT fee rises would occur.

- "with fees higher, the govt has more money to spend on security and defence, and after those tragic terrorists events, im certain you'll put a strong security system before that of urself getting through uni"

Firstly, the potential increases in fees are up to individual universities - if they decide to leave fees as is, then fees won't rise. Any such increase goes directly to the universities in any event, so the government doesn't get anything to increase money for security & defence out of it UNLESS they cut government funding to Universities because of the higher fees...

As far as security goes, I'm skeptical - the government subsidises a number of industries and has committed to eliminating those subsidies by 2010 through its obligations to the WTO, etc.
If it were to bring forward this elimination to today, it could save enough money to add to our security (e.g. by cutting the ethanol subsidy).

Further, the wonderful tax cut we got at the last Budget could have been put back into defence, education or even funding the government's superannuation liability (unfunded, and well into the billions, IIRC), and numerous opinion polls of the public have all indicated that the preferred option would be for the money to go into health and education.

This has already been discussed at length in post-Budget threads, though, I think. I'm probably going to leave it there...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Hasn't John Howard screwed us all over enough times?
Let me throw a few words at you all-
GST
Iraq
HECs fee increase
...now, who the fuck keeps voting this moron in?!?! :mad:

is a roflcopter
HSC
my perspective is simple and void of all that economic textbook regurgitation crap.

this reform is promoting double standards in uni entrance criteria with money being an increasingly important discriminant.
that => sux for the poor dudes.

Azn fairies

Originally posted by melbournian
oh you mean your perspective is purely emotive and has no factual basis.

hey melbourian it seems like every post u put up are all defending john howard- what are u a liberal lover or something ?:p

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
oh you mean your perspective is purely emotive and has no factual basis.
hardly. seems like you're the one getting all worked up

Azn fairies

well sory ..im not into politics...from all ur argument u sound like a ecnomics student..are u?..

anyway as u said it's opion, u don't need facts- casue not all opions are accuuate!.
if we live in a world where u can't express ur opion then it would be like china.! no freedom of speech.

Azn fairies

aslo i guess ur in uni already. right?...so mayeb u don't care much abouit this issue that much casue it doesn't effect u directly.but if u swap shoes. u probaly understand then where WE are coming from.

-> nothing personal

Azn fairies

true..but why do we need this reform to past..don;t the goernement have enoguh money already they made a increa of 14% in profit from the last election!...

what i guess u would say is that- situations have changed beacsue of war and such and therefore sercuity need to be ungraded- surely there is other plan, instaed of jeapodsing the education of young austrailans, maybe they can increase tax (still not good idea:p), or maybe they can stop paying poitcians and backbeachers so much money (they get 150,000+ a year) and pay them less?:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)