Growing taller.. (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Russdog said:
i'm 6"5, you're not. don't argue. plus you're in year 12. you know nothing about life. don't argue. same with the other guy.
i Am 6"6 im not joking i also weight 98kg

I didnt drink much milk when i was young (i didnt eat breakfast much).

Its genetic :)

Last edited:

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
Nat3skiz said:
are you kidding me? leg stretches stretch the muscle, not the freakin bone, and no the muscle length DOES NOT change, elasticity is improved.. And i'm going to assume, by that evolution comment, you don't have the slightest idea how evolution occurs, or it was a bad joke. Basketballers are tall because they are genetically that way, and find that basketball best suits their frame. You think that a short kid starts playing basketball and hey, he's 6 foot 6? PLease....have some sense.
:uhoh: No need to be patronising dear.. I was merely stating my own advice.
Stretching and basketball may not be directly related to bone growth, but genetics is definitely not the only reason someone gets taller.
Hormones also play a part,so my advice would be that the OP can either take a hormone drug or exercise/stretch to stimulate growth. And obviously he's not guarenteed to be 6 foot6 by playing basketball, but you can't deny that it's going to help, compared to sitting at the computer all day playing solitare.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
GreenLeaf said:
but you can't deny that it's going to help, compared to sitting at the computer all day playing solitare.
I used to play WoW.
=/
Huuuge waste of time ;<

Nat3skiz

HSC
KnifeySpoony said:
I used to play WoW.
=/
Huuuge waste of time ;<
that game destroys lives.

GreenLeaf said:
:uhoh: No need to be patronising dear.. I was merely stating my own advice.
Stretching and basketball may not be directly related to bone growth, but genetics is definitely not the only reason someone gets taller.
Hormones also play a part,so my advice would be that the OP can either take a hormone drug or exercise/stretch to stimulate growth. And obviously he's not guarenteed to be 6 foot6 by playing basketball, but you can't deny that it's going to help, compared to sitting at the computer all day playing solitare.
i'm sorry =[but i think i am right, because my whole family is tall, and most of them didn't play sport. i can't say i agree with you but i'll be nicer
lets have tea and scones.

Last edited:

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Russdog said:
in year 8 i started hanging out with a lot of azns, who were all pretty much the same height (short). half of them started playing basketball with me at recess, lunch and after school, and the other half played nintendo and watched us. the ones who played nintendo didn't grow much, but the ones who played ball with me all grew to be tall (for azns), and are a about a foot taller than their dads. they wanted to be/had to be taller to play basketball.. which makes sense to me. we have a lot more control over our bodies than people think.

i'm 6"5, i recommend a lot of milk. i always used to drink a shitload of milk, and since i've stopped drinking milk i've also stopped growing. weed helps too.
I used to swim a lot, and I wanted to/needed to swim faster, so I formed webbed feet and hands.

I wanted to grow, too, but only a little, so I drank some milk, had a growth spurt, then I stopped when I didn't drink milk any more.

Really, I reckon your friends who played basketball with you were the more athletically inclined, probably had a better lifestyle and diet with this, and this assisted their growth.
You stopped growing noticably at what, about 17/18? It seems more likely that you can put this down to your age, and that you'd already done a fair bit of growing. Calcium does help bone structure, but you can't attribute the property of magic pixie dust to it, any more than I could stand in fertilizer to make myself grow.
Your height I would attribute to a higher level of testosterone which you appear to exhibit in your cyber muscle-flexing.

P.S. nobody digs a druggo, no matter what people say.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
i started drinking a lot of milk since this thread has started. i wonder if ive grown taller

Nat3skiz

HSC
Pace_T said:
i started drinking a lot of milk since this thread has started. i wonder if ive grown taller
play basketball too, you'll grow 3 feet. oh and smoke plenty of weed.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
my bro is 185 cm.... and he drinks a lot of milk. So yeah what they said ;)

on the other hand i'm 175 and i don't drink that much milk...... :uhoh:

but i do think the extra calcium works ;)... i thinks its genes though.... how tall are your parents?
Both are shorter than me?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
damn.. my height hasn't changed since year 9...
screw yuu world.

wagga

HSC
Look, the only impact diet has on your height is that if you are malnourished you may not reach your genetically pre - determined height. Considering that this is a first world country I will assume most of you aren't malnourished, and beyond that point there is nothing you can do to grow taller.

Playing basketball, smoking weed, drinking shitloads of milk etc. won't make you grow any taller. Your parents determine your height; and if you see a tall child from short parents or vice versa, odds are that there is a tall grandparent or aunt/uncle of this child.

xJennax

HSC
People have tried many different things to try to get taller, it really just comes down to genetics.

At 16 there still may be room for growth. I gained about 5cm between year 10 and year 11. Now I'm 180cm. =/ lol.

There's nothing wrong with being short anyway...and 160cm isn't really that short! :p

Trajan

HSC
Well for a guy ...160cm is really short

You're disadvantaged in many areas of life

Dating/ romance, Sports , workplace/ career....there have been numerous studies done on height and all have concluded that tall> short...only exceptions might be in horse racing as a jockey...can anyone else think of any other scenarios where being short is an advantage?

I'm 180 cm and I feel very short on the court.

Last edited:

lady Arre

HSC
in my experience... picking on ME seems to make people taller.

case in point would my bonehead brother. SIF he would be 6'2'' at age 14.

what is this? giantville?

ps. i just realised that probably wasnt the smartest thing to say. but im taking a break from failing english... so meh.

Nat3skiz

HSC
theshortykatt said:
go stand next to short people.. itll make you think ur tall..

mm tall guys.. yummy.
mmm tall ugly guys with half a kilo of muscle on their whole body. fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)