H2so4 (1 Viewer)

The Matrix

HSC
It is usually multiple choice questions asking you which acid is has the lowest pH. For example, the JRAHS question would confuse many people since both HCl (stronger) and H2SO4 (more acidic) are in the options. I have never seen a questions asking you to calculate pH other than the simple -log[pH] or calculating the pH of the resultant solution...

The Matrix

HSC
Me, someth1ng and deswa1 do almost the same subjects =) except I do stupid biology and can't drop it :(

The Matrix

HSC
That sucks :(. Why won't your school let you?
I talked to the priciple and he said the school's policy states that all year 11 and 12 students do exactly 12 units. You can't do less or more. So stupid...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I talked to the priciple and he said the school's policy states that all year 11 and 12 students do exactly 12 units. You can't do less or more. So stupid...
1. If it's a public school, they can't stop you from dropping subjects.
2. If they don't let you, don't turn up to class - at all. It won't drag you down in HSC since it won't count and the school will get worried that you'll drag everyone else down and let you drop.

The Matrix

HSC
1. If it's a public school, they can't stop you from dropping subjects.
2. If they don't let you, don't turn up to class - at all. It won't drag you down in HSC since it won't count and the school will get worried that you'll drag everyone else down and let you drop.
I tried, I didn't go to class for 2 weeks, I went to the library and I got in so much fucking trouble, they literally treated my like a criminal breaking the school "policy", fucking bullshit.

When I try to argue and tell them that all we are required to do for the HSC in 10 units; they don't argue, they just say these are the rules whether you like it or not.

So I'm just gonna do what they want, I don't wanna risk it, I'm actually rank 1 for biology at the moment, because the people who do it are retards.

But I really don't want it to count, I want MX2, CHEM and PHYS.

Also, I really don't think I'll do better in biology than chem and phys, for the trials and HSC studying the day before the test by reading the textbook (which is what I've been doing since last year) will definitely not get me good marks, I'll just try my best not to get a non attempt in any assessments/exams since that might affect my report (which I don't think university's give a fuck about? but still...).

I have an assessment due on Tuesday and so I'll try and finish it to day, but from now till the trials, I'll not waste time on biology.

Sorry for going off topic mods, and sorry for swearing...

skaematik

HSC
So if the degree of ionisation is 50%, then for H2SO4 which has, say, a pH of 2, then what do you do to the value of H+ ionisation after multiplying it by 2?

deswa1

HSC
So if the degree of ionisation is 50%, then for H2SO4 which has, say, a pH of 2, then what do you do to the value of H+ ionisation after multiplying it by 2?
Are you assuming that the second ionisation has a degree of ionisation of 50% or the whole thing?

The Matrix

HSC
The first ionisation is always 100%. If the second one is 50% you multiply the concentration by 1.5 before you do -log[H+]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)