hai guyz do u think we should tattoo DFEE on fee payin students foreheads? (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah I posted that in rage. But that was the entry system previously (before Whitlam?), and people dont realise that CSP places are essentially scholarship positions.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
i like ur way of thinking.

the fees also help fund university projects, maintenance, programs etc as the government doesnt give a sufficient amount of funding to the unis (previous government as well as current government)
Current governments time in office: 2 and a half months.
Previous governments time in office: 12 years.

Trying to think who is more at fault.

Can't quite decide on that basis alone.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Rudd isn't doing much either, he said he'll only meet the shortfall created by the lack of DFEE students.

Come back to us when he gives em some proper funding.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
liberals always put more funding into the universities.
did u also hear about the $3billion labor has for the may budget?

say thank u 2 the liberals for not wasting money.
lol, maybe under Menzies that would be true. John Howard pretty much sold out all of Ming's ideologies and carved a new party unto himself.

The $3bn it would have gone down the drain in Crazy John's end-of-term-sellout in middle-class welfare if he was elected.

Say thank you to to Liberals for middle-class welfare. Say thank you to Labor for not following suit.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Rudd isn't doing much either, he said he'll only meet the shortfall created by the lack of DFEE students.

Come back to us when he gives em some proper funding.

panicstation

HSC
Getting rid of DFEE positions is excellent. It's not about CSP positions being scholarship, it's about equitable access schemes based on aptitude and not wealth.

panicstation

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
liberals always put more funding into the universities.
did u also hear about the $3billion labor has for the may budget?

say thank u 2 the liberals for not wasting money.
I hope you are joking. The Liberal Party spent millions of dollars promoting WorkChoices. And what's with Balmain? I didn't think anyone voted Liberal in Balmain.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm all for tattooting them!! Across their forehead right? It could be a temporary tattoo and if they fail to put it on when they are on campus, they get fined an extra $10,000! More fees woo hoo!!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
panicstation said:
Getting rid of DFEE positions is excellent. It's not about CSP positions being scholarship, it's about equitable access schemes based on aptitude and not wealth.
How are DFEE places based on wealth and not aptitude?
Just because someone made the choice to forgoe $60k-$100k of their income over the next 10 or so years of their life why shouldn't they be able to get a few points off? It's not buying your way into university when it is open to everyone and not exclusive to 'the rich'.

Is the government going to reimburse the unis with the funding they lose from phasing out fee places?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
jb_nc said:
Because if I'm not educated I'm going to rob and kill you for $20 to buy a meal.

How about that.
You don't need a BA (Interpretive Dance) to get a decent paying job

In any case getting rid of DFEE places only hurts the uni and doesn't help anyone, yay for policies based on jealousy :D

panicstation

HSC
ari89 said:
Just because someone made the choice to forgoe $60k-$100k of their income over the next 10 or so years of their life why shouldn't they be able to get a few points off? It's not buying your way into university when it is open to everyone and not exclusive to 'the rich'.

Is the government going to reimburse the unis with the funding they lose from phasing out fee places?

It's about wealth because a DFEE student pays to be able to get in even though his/her mark is not as good (and in some cases, TEN marks worse). University education should be for the brightest and most hard-working, not for the people who can pay.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
panicstation said:
It's about wealth because a DFEE student pays to be able to get in even though his/her mark is not as good (and in some cases, TEN marks worse). University education should be for the brightest and most hard-working, not for the people who can pay.

HSC
I just heard on the news that Kevin promised to abolish DFEE as of next year, which is good.

Paid / Selective / Religious education is the greatest injustice in the world. Education should indeed be 100% free, and accessible to anyone based on merit vs demand, and everyone deserves a perfectly equal chance to learn under the equally good conditions.

To think that rich a$$hats steal places from people whom got UAIs higher than them is quite digusting, and I can't believe the Howard government actually allowed something like that to happen. But then again, the Liberal party has fascist, capitalist policies.

There is nothing worse.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
If I did engo @ DFEE it would be [23,040 + (23,040 *0.20)]*4] = $110 592

I would have to pay $30 000 of my own money (or my parents who, let's say for purpose of argument, couldn't afford it)... Is that fair?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
another libertarian. yuck.
To be an actual libertarian you have no have no sense of morality and completely detached from social justice.

So, basically, a psychopath.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
its like an injustice like if you buy petrol and sell petrol you mark up the prices to make a profit and cover running costs but like DFEE people are all cheaters and pay the professors to pass them.

wake up guyz:hammer:
I believe I summarised my view in the OP

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
those who accept dfee places understand wat their financial responsibilities are. so yes, its fair.
Oh, so I should just be sentenced to a life of menial slave work because I couldn't afford to pay the extortionist price the university wanted to charge me?

Is this how you think?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Tell us Von Mises, what do you think of medicare?

Should be abolished and replaced with the FREE MARKET?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
jb_nc said:
Oh, so I should just be sentenced to a life of menial slave work because I couldn't afford to pay the extortionist price the university wanted to charge me?

Is this how you think?
Throw some FEE(-HELP)'s on that bitch.

That's not really a fucking argument. They loan you funds so you can get the degree and pay em back,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)