hai guyz do u think we should tattoo DFEE on fee payin students foreheads? (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Being rich enough to afford DFEE is as much as a coincidence for someone as being born somewhere where they'd be able to get a good education in the first place

life isn't fair :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Throw some FEE(-HELP)'s on that bitch.

That's not really a fucking argument. They loan you funds so you can get the degree and pay em back,
Hello, my indian friend. Please read my previous post wherein I meant to quote this

ari89 said:
It's not buying your way into university when it is open to everyone and not exclusive to 'the rich'.
So, yes, it's not "open to everyone". Only those who can afford it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
his point was that some people have no choice to do DFEE because of said financial responsibilities and thus are disadvantaged by comparisson.
What a load of shit, just because mummy and daddy can't throw $100k upfront doesn't mean the person can't get a FEE-HELP loan and pay $120k for a degree which will earn them a lot more money than it costs.

@ JB, your indian friend says you can afford it because you're getting a degree.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
liberal party: free markets, government control of everything else.
Free market will dictate to the government the best price of cameras they can use to place in everyone's home to make sure you are not BREAKING THE LAW (therefore being a dirty, amoral heathen).

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
@ JB, your indian friend says you can afford it because you're getting a degree.
It's true; if I had an engineering degree I would be able to afford it. But I would be disadvantaged at the time because I'd have to think long and hard about taking out a personal loan to cover the costs of $30 000; but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd be able to get a loan from a bank nor my parents nor any one for me. So covering $30 000 in personal debt is not implicitly possible when you have no collateral and there's no guarantee you are even going to complete the Bachelor's degree.

And you know what I'd do after I finished paying the personal loan off if I managed to get the funds for it? I'd leave the country and never come back so I never repay my debt. So the government would be in more debt than if I'd been a CSP student. Owned.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
So, yes, it's not "open to everyone". Only those who can afford it.
When I looked at FEE-HELP loans for last year I was in the mindset of doing a DFEE place for Vet Sci which has the $100k limit (not $80k).

So it's open to most people who do 3 year courses

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
And you know what I'd do after I finished paying the personal loan off? I'd leave the country and never come back so I never repay my debt.
That's what I was planning but now they're phasing out DFEE places before 4th year:(

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
So it's open to most people who do 3 year courses
"Open to everyone" now becomes "open to most people".

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
the point is they are disadvantaged because they require a higher UAI than DFEE students.
They aren't, theres a choice between working hard to secure a CSP spot or to opt into a DFEE place and bite the FEE-HELP bullet.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Some animals are superior to others and it's a fact of life that I dearly embrace:)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Some animals are superior to others and it's a fact of life that I dearly embrace:)
Tell us more about being a racist...?

Welp, I just saw someone I'm "superior" too, better kick them to the curb.

Trying to think of someone who thought like that too... Oh, yeah, Patrick Bateman.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
It's epic. You get to tease people who are different to you and have no moral issue with it. Living the life

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:

Welp, I just saw someone I'm "superior" too, better kick them to the curb.

Trying to think of someone who thought like that too... Oh, yeah, Patrick Bateman.
He inspired my finance major

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
When cornered, the Liberal politician resorts to humour to prove their ideas are nothing but more than ideological rhetoric.
lol i was being serious...

not about the finance major tho. that was my humour at its best

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
some people are poor 'dumb bitch." FEE-HELP is not a realistic option and it discourages talented people from taking places at uni.
Everyone's given options, and if all you can say after turning down a government loan is "OMGGG MUMI HE LYK TOOK MAI SPOT ITZ NUT FARE~~~~" then you're a fucking idiot.

I'd say I'm poor, my parents don't drive mercs, and have a mortgage, and I'm staring down the barrel of a dfee course or a fallback csp. Ultimately the onus is on me, not the guy next to me, not the Prime Minister, because I didnt put enough effort in when it counted.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
lol i was being serious...

not about the finance major tho. that was my humour at its best
Then why hide behind the facade of well "duh everyone can do DFEE"?

Come out and say it. It's for rich people only and you don't give a fuck if it's discriminatory towards the wealthy...?

If these are your actual views then are you embarrassed by them?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Then why hide behind the facade of well "duh everyone can do DFEE"?

Come out and say it. It's for rich people only and you don't give a fuck if it's discriminatory towards the wealthy...?
I already said I was wrong about that as I thought the limit was $100k...?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Everyone's given options, and if all you can say after turning down a government loan is "OMGGG MUMI HE LYK TOOK MAI SPOT ITZ NUT FARE~~~~" then you're a fucking idiot.

I'd say I'm poor, my parents don't drive mercs, and have a mortgage, and I'm staring down the barrel of a dfee course or a fallback csp. Ultimately the onus is on me, not the guy next to me, not the Prime Minister, because I didnt put enough effort in when it counted.
I don't think you're getting it. Two dudes get a UAI of x-1 whereas the UAI cut-off is x. One is rich, one is poor. The onus is on both of them for not doing well enough to get the UAI cut-off for a CSP.

The rich guy takes up a DFEE spot while the poor person doesn't get his course he wanted to do.

Uh, so... Why is there no "onus" on the rich person to do well and cut the queue while the poor person simply has to accept the responsibilities of his poor academic achievements?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)