• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hair (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
well..i dunno if it's any good for your hair..but i use the garnier nutrisse ones..i just grab it, never really looked at any other brands..i think it smells alright too..apparently some dyes can smell really gross..ha! i am so inexperienced on this subject :p

Lennie

thats just saved me over 100 dollars

can you generally get by with one pack if you have long hair?
i dont want to have half of my hair done before discovering that im out of dye..

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i forgot to mention you have to mix two bottles together also..but it's no big deal

how did that save you $100? were you planning on going to a hairdresser?

umm..i can do my hair with one bottle and have a little bit left over..but my mate only JUST got by with one bottle and she has reasonably long hair..umm, out, her hair is maybe half way down her back? but she only used a semi-permanent..and it didn't cover her hair particularly well because we ran out near the end so it wasn't all covered evenly and she had a few bits of brown visible but it wasn't a big deal because it was only semi-permanent and it still looked cool

how long is your hair? if it's really long, you'll need 2 bottles..but if you're not 100% sure, just buy one and as you're dying, have someone ready to run down to the shops and get you another bottle haha..otherwise, if you didn't need the second bottle, and you didn't want to use that colour again, you've wasted your money..(phew that was long!)

Lennie

em_516 said:
i forgot to mention you have to mix two bottles together also..but it's no big deal

how did that save you $100? were you planning on going to a hairdresser?

umm..i can do my hair with one bottle and have a little bit left over..but my mate only JUST got by with one bottle and she has reasonably long hair..umm, out, her hair is maybe half way down her back? but she only used a semi-permanent..and it didn't cover her hair particularly well because we ran out near the end so it wasn't all covered evenly and she had a few bits of brown visible but it wasn't a big deal because it was only semi-permanent and it still looked cool

how long is your hair? if it's really long, you'll need 2 bottles..but if you're not 100% sure, just buy one and as you're dying, have someone ready to run down to the shops and get you another bottle haha..otherwise, if you didn't need the second bottle, and you didn't want to use that colour again, you've wasted your money..(phew that was long!)
lol!
thanks for the reply :p
yeah i was originally going to go to a hairdresser, seems like less hassle... but i was quoted $210 (just to get one colour :eek: ) otherwise, the cheapest place i found was willing to do it for $90. not worth it in my opinion.... (lol im thinking of getting my hair cut short, just so that its cheaper to go to a salon)

my hair isnt REALLY really long, a bit over halfway down my back, but its quite thick, which apparently gives them the right to charge so much... but anyway...
i think 2 bottles is probably the safest option.
but is there any way that the dye can burn your head or anything like that? im going darker so i wont need peroxide or anything....
so confusing lol

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
nah the dye wont burn ur head but could cause dandruff or something if you have a sensitive scalp

also, you should put vaseline around your hairline to stop the dye staining your skin...takes ages to come out!!!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
lol!
thanks for the reply :p
yeah i was originally going to go to a hairdresser, seems like less hassle... but i was quoted $210 (just to get one colour :eek: ) otherwise, the cheapest place i found was willing to do it for $90. not worth it in my opinion.... (lol im thinking of getting my hair cut short, just so that its cheaper to go to a salon)

my hair isnt REALLY really long, a bit over halfway down my back, but its quite thick, which apparently gives them the right to charge so much... but anyway...
i think 2 bottles is probably the safest option.
but is there any way that the dye can burn your head or anything like that? im going darker so i wont need peroxide or anything....
so confusing lol
With the garnier one they say to do a test on a patch of skin near your head just to check if it will cause any reactions. I'm sure that's the same with most hair dyes anyway. You should probably get two just in case, you're still saving heaps by doing it yourself anyway.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm, my hair at the moment, is kinda longish, but I dyed it purple. Why purple? I have no idea. My hair colour is naturally light brown, and I got bored of it and wanted to do something different. I swear, have people never seen purple hair before? I was at Strathfield station, and everyone was looking at it, it was bright cause I was standing in the sun. Its only purple!!!

Lennie

lol thanks steph and emily for the tips. i just know that i will manage to stuff it up somehow. :uhhuh:
busha, that hair colour is awesome! thats pretty much what i want! did you use a permanent one? is it meant to wash out? :confused:

but following in the ever-so popular bushra's footsteps, here is my crazy hair at present...
no it isnt that red in real life, but hey, thats what i get for using a camera phone :p

once again, sorry for the dodgy shot :uhhuh:

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
YAYYY

I went and got my hair cut and coloured today and it looks HOT...
I am blonde NO MORE..i got a caramelly- chocolate brown put thru my hair, but theres still faint blonde streaks in it from before (coz it was so light) so the colour looks hot
and i got it cut with heaps of layers and a side fringe...

sorry im just so happy with my new do lol :D:D:D

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
lol thanks steph and emily for the tips. i just know that i will manage to stuff it up somehow. :uhhuh:
bushra, that hair colour is awesome! thats pretty much what i want! did you use a permanent one? is it meant to wash out? :confused:

but following in the ever-so popular bushra's footsteps, here is my crazy hair at present...
no it isnt that red in real life, but hey, thats what i get for using a camera phone :p

I put a 24 rinse one through my hair cus the rinses make my hair shiny and smooth but dont wreck the hair shafts as much as the permanent ones do :):)

Holy carp, EnterNameHere, ur hair looks hot!!! :D I LOVE IT!

HSC
my hair is currently growing out right now. it's kind of like a trendy mullet: short and messy up the top and longer at the back and sides with a long fringe that is just touching my eyes. heaps of texture and really layered. i sometimes style the top bit into a faux hawk.

i really need a haircut

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i'm currently trying to grow out my side fringe from like april.argh it's hell! theres only so many days that u can twist and pin it back...looks horrid all out. grow fringe, grow! am going to get my hair re-layered this week. i'm liking the new garnier frost brown shades they've released..perhaps i'll go darker too.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I went to a hairdresser on a whim the other day!
I went from being blonde to dark brown with light blonde streaks placed randomly in my hair. They also cut it a bit more too, it's shoulder length and layered.
Yay, hair.

pseudobubble

HSC
I have been wanting to dye my hair for a long time but never got to it. Do you have to dye your hair on a regular basis after the first time? I know some people don't and they look terrible. Hmm... I love having natural hair colour though ^^

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have undyed, shoulder-length + hair, do you put anything on your hair to make it look straight and neat? I have something against gel/putty and I use hair balm ^^

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I only have caramel foils in my hair, theres only 5 and i got them at the start oft his year, other than that, i just have straight, shoulderlength brown hair. i keep it straight by putting in this gel stuff called "stay straight" its pink and glittery and smells divine. and i blowdry it straight with that stuff in.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
busha, that hair colour is awesome! thats pretty much what i want! did you use a permanent one? is it meant to wash out? :confused:

I know you said your hair isnt that red but I had to say I love that redness in hair and I really really want my hair to be that colour, but I have thick curly/wavy hair so I reckon it would look crap </3

I would post a pic of my hair but I have no good ones... :\

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
pseudobubble said:
I have been wanting to dye my hair for a long time but never got to it. Do you have to dye your hair on a regular basis after the first time? I know some people don't and they look terrible. Hmm... I love having natural hair colour though ^^

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have undyed, shoulder-length + hair, do you put anything on your hair to make it look straight and neat? I have something against gel/putty and I use hair balm ^^
that's my hair but it just falls how i like it so i don't put anything in it.

edit: it's a little bit past my shoulders though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)