Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

kitkatkittyau said:
The deathly Hallows has obviously got nothing to do with Godric's Hollow. Hallows/Hollow two different things. As for the release date of 7/7/2007 I find it extremly unlikely due to the fact that the 5th film in due out around that time. Jo wouldnt be stupid enough to release it then. However the 31st of October is looking very likely. It would be a nice way of ending the books, ending it on the day it started with Harry's parents being killed.
Er wrong. The Potters were killed on HALLOWeen at godrics hollow. Pretty sure deathly hallows then has everything to do with it.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

Nashie said:
I'm going with dumbledore being the ghost, and popping up and saving harry, i also think that Sirrus may play some part, ie pulling Voldermort through the veil, if that was happens. I doubt harry ron or hermione die because of the youthful audience and also the profecy said harry "only one could live" so harry must live as V dies (plainly obvious he is one of the deaths/whatever) Ginny could be the one to go or possibly McGonigal, i doubt any wealsley could die, that last chapter sounds awesome!
Nah, don't think dumbledore would be a ghost. He's not afraid of death, after all, and that's one of the conditions that have to be fulfilled in order to become a ghost. Personally, i rkn it'd be weird if dumbledore started giving instructions out of his PORTRAIT.

-P_D

kitkatkittyau

HSC

Serius said:
Er wrong. The Potters were killed on HALLOWeen at godrics hollow. Pretty sure deathly hallows then has everything to do with it.
You obviously didnt understand what I was saying. I was saying that Hallows and Hollow are different things as people are confusing the two. AND i never said Hallows had nothing to do with the Potters death.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

maybe the hallows are another type of magic creature

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nashie said:
I'm going with dumbledore being the ghost, and popping up and saving harry, i also think that Sirrus may play some part, ie pulling Voldermort through the veil, if that was happens. I doubt harry ron or hermione die because of the youthful audience and also the profecy said harry "only one could live" so harry must live as V dies (plainly obvious he is one of the deaths/whatever) Ginny could be the one to go or possibly McGonigal, i doubt any wealsley could die, that last chapter sounds awesome!
I was under the impression Rowling had already played out the Final Fight through the chess game in the first book. If the first knight that was taken was Sirius (the bishop that took him being Bellatrix; I'd bet it was the King's bishop), who was the second? Ron was playing as the knight, but that doesn't mean he'll die since he chose to be sacrificed in the same way Dumbledore did.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Man Harry Potter is so much more complicated than I thought. I take everything at face value, but if any of you are right then leeetle messages were places throughout the previous books as to how things are going to turn out.

I still think Harry's going to die. No kids can bug you to write more Harry Potter books if Harry Potter is dead.

goosiegoo

HSC

No no nooo. Harry won't die. Jo wouldn't base the ending of the harry potter series on the fact that she doesn't want kids to bug her. If Harry DOES die, not only will she scar children all around the world for life.. the moral.. that Harry survived because of love will go down the drain. 'Yes, Harry survived once because of love.. but in the end love couldn't save him.'

...Also a reason why i don't believe the Harry as a hocrux theory, when people suggest that Voldie turned him into a hocrux instead of casting Avada Kedavra... and that is why he survived. If this was true that would be Jo saying 'no.. Harry didn't actually survive because of love.. there was actually a bit of a mix up.. love can't save you.'

You've gotta keep in mind the amount of children that read this book, and who will learn sooo much from it.

... Huzzah for Harry Potter!

ditto.

HSC

Harry will die.

It will teach them about self sacrifice and acting for the greater good.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Artemis.

HSC

The title's alright, I just hope it's an improvement from the last two books.

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC

an awesome ending if harry was a horcrux would be harry sacrificing himself, voldemort becoming mortal, and then some random like neville finishing him. or perhaps the entire da. or maybe it could be like gollum in lord of the rings, where voldemort celebrates by skipping around, then moves too close to the veil of death that sirius fell through, and stumbles and falls through, or is pulled through by sirius or james and lily or someone.

oh well, the only real ending lies safely in jo's imagination.

goosiegoo

HSC

ditto. said:
Harry will die.

It will teach them about self sacrifice and acting for the greater good.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Hey hey hey, who says Harry can't sacrifice himself in a form and act for the greater good without dying?

Anywho, we've already learnt about self sacrifice in the 6th book.. How much more self-sacrfice can you get?

BlackDragon

HSC

ViRtUaL said:
an awesome ending if harry was a horcrux would be harry sacrificing himself, voldemort becoming mortal, and then some random like neville finishing him.
someone has already suggested this in another thread. i'll copy what i wrote in that

BlackDragon said:
i find that a bit ridiculous.
plus i don't think harry killing himself would be a very good ending.

anyway that theory is flawed because dumbledore said that the last horcrux harry must kill is the one in voldemort himself.
so harry would have kill himself and be dead and then kill voldemort.

also, if harry was a horcrux then why would voldemort be trying to kill him so much? voldemort even tried to perform the avada kedavra curse on harry at the end of book four. if harry was a horcrux voldemort would be immortal whilst harry his alive. hence he has no reason to kill him and every reason to protect him.

finally. the propecy that voldemort heard was "and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."
if harry is the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord then he can't be a horcrux because he would have to die before killing him. so he wouldn't have any power to kill voldemort.
also, harry MUST kill voldemort or be killed by him, as the prophecy says. so nobody else can finish voldemort off.
and why the hell would he go and put apart of his soul in that? and voldemort was trying to kill harry that night not make him a horcrux. and it would make no sense for him to rely on "the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord."" and if harry was one then voldemort would be invincible because either harry kills him or dies by him, but if harry has to kill himself first that means nobody can kill voldemort.

*Lozzie*

HSC

if i remember correctly i read somw where ages ago that we will find out what dudley hears when hes near dementors ..... wonder what it is :confused:

Last edited:

goosiegoo

HSC

BlackDragon said:
someone has already suggested this in another thread. i'll copy what i wrote in that
Well put. :D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Hmm well I can't remember the last two books, so that might explain why I still think Harry's a goner.

But I hardly think it's going to be a case of "happily ever after". It'll be more of an emerge-from-the-rubble kind of ending.

BlackDragon

HSC

Yeah i don't think its going to be happily ever after. But i don't think JK is going to leave the book with voldemort, the greatest dark wizard ever, in power and terrorising the world. its too open ended.
every good book has closure or definitively a lack there of.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

BlackDragon said:
Yeah i don't think its going to be happily ever after. But i don't think JK is going to leave the book with voldemort, the greatest dark wizard ever, in power and terrorising the world. its too open ended.
every good book has closure or definitively a lack there of.
haha "and then harry died, voldemort won, and the world was plunged into darkness. The end"

yeah somehow I dont think so.

goosiegoo

HSC

Well.. how could it be a happy ending with 2 characters (possibly really important 'good' characters) dead?! Oh.. woe. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)