Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDragon

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

scarybunny said:
haha "and then harry died, voldemort won, and the world was plunged into darkness. The end"

yeah somehow I dont think so.
lol exactly.

Rinni

HSC

lol When u put it like that it does sound dodgey...but if it was done right it could be kinda cool. Don't think it'll happen though

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A

Hasn't JKR said many times that she never intended for Harry to survive school and go out into the world? So it is possible he dies.

As for the other 2, I think they have to be people that truly care about Harry...maybe not Ron/Hermione...but possibly Hagrid and...Prof McGonaggal (or whatever her name is)

And, for not liking the title of the book...we were always taught "don't judge a book by its cover"...perhaps it should have been "don't judge a book by its title" :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

i havent heard that. Its possible he will die[ and it would make a very dramatic ending] but i dont think it will happen. There are things worse than death anyway... maybe he will become mentally damaged from his ordeal like the longbottoms or for losing[dare i say it] ginny.

Dumbledores help will probably come from his portrait. Fawkes most likely still has a part to play [ maybe on november 5th booyah!] and Ron/Hermy is a certainty. If Hagrid dies i can imagine Grawp going apeshit and messing up the deatheater's day. Infact iam positive grawp still has a big part to play.

HSC

Serius said:
i havent heard that. Its possible he will die[ and it would make a very dramatic ending] but i dont think it will happen. There are things worse than death anyway... maybe he will become mentally damaged from his ordeal like the longbottoms or for losing[dare i say it] ginny.
My friend thinks that Harry will die, but that he'll take down Voldy with him, and it will be a happy ending because he'll be reunited with his parents/Siruis/Dumbledore/possibly Ron and or Hermione by the end of the book.

davidkedz

HSC

It's curious. I honestly think Rowling's success is based upon her ability to mirror adolescence so well. After all, most of us in our generation have grown up with the series, arguably from naive innocence to a more worldly perspective... as have the main characters themselves.

Even though the series has popularity with older adults, I think it's so powerful to us because it manages to match our progress through life. More and more difficulties and new experiences arise as Harry gets older, and I'd say most of us feel the same.

So now, if we want to predict what's in the book, all we have to think about is the ultimate stage before we become truly adults in every sense of the word. Is it the experience of sacrifice, of transition to independence... of complete uncertainty?

I honestly don't know. But whatever it is, I still reckon Harry's pretty much going to die, if only as a symbolic end to the series that bears his name.

Rinni

HSC

Ok 2 new theories (NB Neither of these were taken seriously when made up lol)
1. Voldemort will prevail, the world will be plungered into darkness and evil 4ever and all will be lost
2. It was all a dream (yes the ending we were told never to use during the hsc), yes all 7 years. Harry wakes up, on his 11th b'day, sleeping under the stairs. This 'dream' will cause liflelong trauma. How sad *tear*
:rofl:

J

jhakka

Harry loses/sacrifices his magic to defeat He Who Must Not Be Named, perhaps?

konstantine'

HSC

Man I had enough trouble dealing with Sirius and Dumbledore dying. This last book's gonna be a double whammer =/. I'm so lame LOL =.=".

BlackDragon

HSC

I wonder what role Ron and Hermione are going to play in this book. I mean, even though harry said they could only come with him to Godric's hollow that can't be there only role in the final happenings of this story right?
Perhaps it is their part in this story that makes all the difference? Maybe one of them dies? God NOT HERMIONE. Whatever you do.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC

davidkedz said:
It's curious. I honestly think Rowling's success is based upon her ability to mirror adolescence so well. After all, most of us in our generation have grown up with the series, arguably from naive innocence to a more worldly perspective... as have the main characters themselves.

Even though the series has popularity with older adults, I think it's so powerful to us because it manages to match our progress through life. More and more difficulties and new experiences arise as Harry gets older, and I'd say most of us feel the same.
So True!

I know I don't normally post things in this forum, but I thought I'd stick my nose in (to share an anecdote). Basically in year 7 my principal read us a section from HPPS, and for our year 12 farewell she read us a section from HBP. Beautiful ring composition...

Anyhow I agree with the idea that Hallows = the world behind the veil. If you look at classical hero-tales (like The Aeneid and The Odyssey) a big part of the story is devoted to travelling to the Underworld, the World of the Dead... And we know what a big fan JKR is of classical studies...

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Has J.K Rowling set a date for the release of this book yet?

BlackDragon

HSC

Not yet, Unfortunately..
That's what everyone is waiting for. People suspect 7/7/2007 though.
Whatever it is, it won't be too soon..

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

aw. how cool would it be. to be working for the publisher. and steal the book. :)

*shrugs* can't waittt.

martin88

HSC
N/A

i heard someone say they think it could be released Halloween?

i doubt it would end with the dream scenario

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

Halloween would make sense, seeing thats when the whole story started.

It really depends on whether she's finished the book yet and when it goes to print.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC

BlackDragon said:
Not yet, Unfortunately..
That's what everyone is waiting for. People suspect 7/7/2007 though.
Whatever it is, it won't be too soon..

I reckon it won't be 7/7/07 cause that's the anniversary of the London bombings.

But I do think it might be Halloween, because it's substantially far enough from the OotP movie release (12th July for us Aussies) to let everyone cash on big on HP merchandise etc. Heck, I nearly bought a HP cushion the other day for $20...instead I settled on 2 mugs, $5 each :D

BlackDragon

HSC

My tip would be christmas time - November/December or even Jan/Feb 2008.

how far before the release date was the previous books date announced? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)