HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

goosiegoo

HSC
*jumps for joy*

I loved it. And it didn't get spoiled for me! And i'm so happy withthe ending.

the 50 bodies... and it was just a bit of a HUGE coincidence that it was both lupin and tonks who died...
I wouldn't call that a 'huge' coincidence, seeing as, as you said, around 50 people died and whoever died first, the other probably would have sought revenge, and not be thinking too clearly with their new husband/wife dead... I think it's very understandable.

Horrible, though.

Poor Fred :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I finished it this arvo, I enjoyed it. The epilogue was a bit lame, but it was nice that everything was wrapped up in a neat little package, since this is the last book.

Overall, it was a good series and I will miss it, especially when the movies are finished and I wont be able to get a Harry Potter fix from anywhere.

goosiegoo

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
P_D's Awards for Excellence in HP7

Hilarity: The house-elf rush scene. "DIE BISHES DIE!"

Drama: "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

WTF-ness: Ron's fake parseltongue.
WTF-ness 2nd: Percy's return. "OMG i was fkn wrong!"

Sadness: Dobby dies. "Here lies a free elf"

Boredom: Everything else.

-P_D

PS: Wonder hor JKR's feeling, if she knows how many of her fans hated this conclusion. Maybe she'll white another one to fix it.
She said in an interview that she was well aware that alot of people would 'loathe' the 7th book.

(I didn't though, thought it was excellent).

pinknails500

HSC
Loved it. BUt must say im totally sad the series is finished
it was like my life

I love Ron Weasley he is a sexy mofo.. Well just thought id add that and also an agreement on the fact that the Epilogue was rather lame. although Sweet

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
So much stuff has been bugging me the last 24 hrs since I have finished reading

WTF good did Snape pretending to be on Voldemort's side do?

What the hell is so important about Harry's eyes (as JK Rowling stated in many interviews would be found out)

And what is it that Dumbledore saw in the Mirror of Erised (or whatever it's called; somehow Harry understood but I did not :( )

And rofl, I wonder how Emma Watson and Rupert w/e will react to each other knowing they've fucked in the books

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
goosiegoo said:
She said in an interview that she was well aware that alot of people would 'loathe' the 7th book.

(I didn't though, thought it was excellent).
Yeah, but there's a bunch of stupid fan-kids, some in this thread, who wouldn't be happy with anything. Also saying there will be a fraction out of millions of people who don't like something is hardly makes you nostradamus.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
jumb said:
Yeah, but there's a bunch of stupid fan-kids, some in this thread, who wouldn't be happy with anything. Saying there will be a fraction out of millions of people who don't like something is hardly makes you nostradamus.
Well.. "that alot of people "

sounds like more than a fraction of people, but hey..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
Well.. "that alot of people "

sounds like more than a fraction of people, but hey..
I didn't have an exact figure so I made an ambiguous fact. In my opinion, any number between zero and one is a fraction.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Lame

as if anyone who says a fraction of people ever means more than like 20% of them

But anyway, care to reply to my most sought after question?

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
He would have done a lot more than that if he were just a "good" guy..

I think JK Rowling just wanted to make a plot twist (a highly expected one nonetheless) but never thought deeply about it; and thus, it serves no purpose within the book.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
Lame

as if anyone who says a fraction of people ever means more than like 20% of them

But anyway, care to reply to my most sought after question?

He got to look after and protect the students at Hogwarts.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
That's sort of a valid point.. hmm

But then I wonder how true to his word Voldemort was about not hurting purebloods.

And anyway, that was basically all that were left at the school.. after that anti-muggle Commission came into being..

I doubt any harm (beyond what had already happened to Neville and Seamus (or was it Dean)) would have been done..

pinkdragon89

HSC
The saddest part was when Hedwig died! It actualyl came as a suprise to me that none of the three mains were killed (I dont regard Harry's 'dieing' as death) but i guess it is a childrens book. I agree that the whole 19 years later was bit too much...especially the whole naming kids after all the dead wizards etc (however i liked that one child was named albus...but albus severus...talk about binary opposites). Overall it was good and well worth the 8 or so hours it took to read

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Tulipa said:
Plus her editor is shit. There were at least fifteen grammatical/spelling/wrong word use things I picked up.
Haha, yeah I noticed that. Very frustrating.
I liked the book though. Even the sickly sweet epilogue. If they had've all died, it would've been like a waste of 10 years of my life reading them.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace's Awards

Drama: Snape's memories.

Hilarity: "Let me just go get one of out other goblin-made swords and you can gift-wrap it!"
Hilarity Runner-up: "Where does something go if it disappears? / I dunno, do I?"
Hilarity 2nd Runner-Up: "Remember that poisonous duck?" (that cracked me up for some reason).

Self-Referential Humour: "Are you a wizard or not!?"

Favourite Moment: Snape's memories.

Best Death: Fred (he only beats Dobby because Fred's was so much like Tara's in Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

Worst Death: Lupin and Tonks; we never saw it happen.
Worst Death Runner-Up: Hedwig; this sequence was very confusing.

Please Explain?: How Ron managed to learn Parseltongue when he'd only heard a bit by Harry (I imagine he stood there for ten minutes making random hissing noises).
Please Explain Runner-Up: What Harry's wand did when leaving Privet Drive.

Stupidest Place to Hide a Horcrux: Hogwarts. I can see the logic of placing it in a room with all the other junk, but Harry worked it out faster than any other Horcrux.

Magic That Will Be the Most Expensive to Include in the Film: Fiendfyre.

Dumbest Character Name: Hugo Weasley (it doesn't roll off the tongue).
Dumbest Character Name Runner-Up: Albus Severus Potter (same reasons).

Dumbest Character: Xenophilius Lovegood (the man was an idiot with that horn).

Soap Opera: Percy's return at the last moment.

No More Ritalin For You: Luna Lovegood.

Deus Ex Machina: Neville gets the sword.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
atreus - yup, in OOTP when Harry is shocked at how Petunia knows about dementors, she says "I heard her talking about them... to that boy" (or something along the lines of that). We all assume that she meant Lily and James, especially when Harry replies "If you meant my mum and dad, why didn't you just say so?" ... when really, she meant Snape.

Ahhh I can't wait to finish re-reading it, I missed out on so many little things! Up to the part where they've creeped into the Ministry.

And they knew it was the real Harry, because he tried to disarm Stan Shunpike instead of stunning or whatever... Expelliarmus had become his "trademark" amongst the Death Eaters, since he used it against Voldemort in Goblet of Fire, when he could've used plenty of other, more powerful ones (though I don't think he knew all that many at the time)

And I agree... I didn't warm to Luna's dad at all, however the hell you spell his name... the way he was willing to sell Harry, Ron and Hermione to the Death Eaters was terrible - I mean yeah, there was the chance that he MIGHT'VE gotten Luna back, but wtf, they were her friends!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
The_highwayman said:
so, what became of the dursleys?
well, they went into hiding for a year, and after that i assume they went back to live at privet drive. Perhaps in the 19 years since harry had some sort of minimal contact with them, maybe had duddley over for christmas dinner or something but that would be it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)