HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (2 Viewers)

J

jhakka

Someone mentioned to me that throughout the series, no children (under 18 in our society) actually killed another person. Voldemort was responsible for his own demise, Molly killed Bellatrix instead of Ginny, etc.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
shiftyicequeen said:
Nebuchanezzar-you said that Draco tried to kill Hermione, but it wasn't him, it was Crabbe -ok Bubz said it first-still take that! He was good!
Yeah but...but...like, Malfoy...he didn't stop Crabbe...he's eeeevil.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well Riddle killed moaning myrtle, they were both children. Someone also had to have killed creevy and i thought it might have been crabbe or goyle.

atreus

HSC
what did everyone make of the 2 excerpts about death at the beginning?
i took it as preparing us for the multiple deaths to come, and made me think that at least one of the trio and heaps of the order would die.

HSC
N/A
I thought we'd learn in the sixth book where Harry's parents got that huge sum of money! And what happened to his grandparents.

Guess we'd see in encyclopedia.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, how did they have so much money when WTF, james and lily were only 21!!!! i thought they woulda been like, 30 or something, or at least 25

oh, and as for the whole elder wand thing, i didnt get it at first, but then i realised that draco's wand diddnt actually become the elder wand, he just became the master of it.

and as for the hermoine memory thing, i think she confounded her parents but obliviated the memory of the death eaters (i.e. different spells)

HSC
yeah confundus makes them think something else

obliviate wipes their memories altogether...

HSC
townie said:
yeah, how did they have so much money when WTF, james and lily were only 21!!!! i thought they woulda been like, 30 or something, or at least 25
James inherited the money. His parents were rich.

Also JKR said it a long time ago that Harry's grandparents died from old age, and they had James [their only child] when they very old, and that's all there is to them.

Nebuchanezzar said:
So an encyclopedia ey?

www.mugglenet.com - first story
Aha i read that on another page. And the Arthur Weasley was the one she was planning on killing. Plus she said she'll be talking about the futures of the characters in detail:D

Yeah but...but...like, Malfoy...he didn't stop Crabbe...he's eeeevil.
Lol. Well he did tell him to stop. Besides the guy didn't have a wand ..at least i don't think he had one.

Last edited:
HSC
Malfoy and Kreacher strike me as very similar characters... like the position they were put in

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Doesn't a deceased Headmaster or headmistress get their own portrait after they die? Did JKR mention anything about Snape?

(Sorry if this question has been posed. Cbb checking :eek: )

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I don't know what you're all on about. It was flawed, certainly, but I enjoyed it.

I could even stomach Ron/Hermione long enough to make it to the end and ignore the epilogue :eek:

HSC
N/A
But they're so cute. =)

We should've heard something about Hermione's parents in the epilogue too, I reckon.

Omg I think Daniel Radcliffe looks like Matt Bellamy, but uglier. Mm, British boys.

Supermodified

HSC
I'm no Harry Potter expert or ultra-fan, but I have to say I wasn't that happy with this book. I guess I talked it up a lot in my head, because it was the last book and all, but it still didn't satisfy me. Things I didn't like:

- Above all, Hermione's magic bag. Oh, all of a sudden she knows how to perform a spell that makes her bag massive on the inside? HOW FUCKING CONVENIENT! Every subsequent mention of it in the book made me angry, as it was such a cheap plot device.

- The fucking boring/pointless camping thing in the middle of the book. It should have been more active searching and finding clues and trying to piece together the locations of the horcruxes, as opposed to mindless wandering. Also, how the fuck could they Apparate to all those locations? I mean, who visits all the woods and forests in the UK, and remembers what they look like? *thinks of trees*

- The epilogue.

- Hermione falling for Ron. Seriously, Ron is such a dick. Sure he has courageous moments, but most of the time he's a stereotypical angsty teenager that is annoying as fuck. So what, all of a sudden Hermione's intelligence goes out the window, and she suddenly like him? Lame. I don't think she should have got with anyone in the book. Or told Ron to go fuck himself like the wanker he is.

- I can't decide whether I liked or hated the fact that Harry survived. I think what annoyed me was that there was no gap between when Harry was 'killed' and when it went to him in that place with Dumbledore. There should have been a chapter in between focusing on the battle being fought at Hogwarts, just to fuck with the reader.

- The Deathly Hallows were a pretty random addition to the story, although the idea was pretty cool.

- The passage between Hogsmeade and the castle was ridiculous. The Room of Requirement was another cheap plot device used and abused by JKR.

There's probably some other stuff, but I can't think of it right now.

Supermodified

HSC
Malfoy said:
AHAHAHAHAH

Oh my god, you just... win. Really.
I try.

Also, I remember one of the people at the meet telling me they were Malfoy on BoS, but I can't remember who. What's your real name?

cuppy

HSC
N/A
this is random but what does Voldemort eat?

i mean when he wasn't "human" did he still have to eat and drink to survive? and when he finally got his own body again i can't imagine him sipping pumpkin juice or pigging out on a hamburger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)