HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

rama_v

HSC
The book was alright but I dont think it was the best book, plus theres obviously (as ppl have already suggested) more details about Snape that we need to know before we can say for certain who he is. The HBP stuff was handeld terribly I thought, but the book was gripping towards the end. Very dark though, I don't think kids under 10 should be reading it...Cant wait for number 7 though

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jhakka said:
I've only read the first half of this thread, but not many people mentioned the cave. I found that scene where Dumbledore drank the potion way more emotional than his death.
yeah that scene was intense...the first time i read it i was kinda shocked, and then when i realised the immense pain dumbledore must be going through to make him scream like that i really felt for him. *cries* why did he have to die??? WHY?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Mambomeg i like your theory.
Imagine DD had a horcrux, maybe he killed a death eater.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
thats what i said ages ago but i was shot down bye someone...argonaut i think...but the thing is, if he did have one it would probably take effect immediately, resulting in dumbledore not actually being able to be killed - ie: immortal. but Dumbledore himself said there are worse things than deatrh so he probably wouldnt have bothered with a horcrux. i see argonauts wisdom.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I know it was just me being random, how long do we have to wait till book 7?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
about fawkes he ahd already saved dumbledore from the killing curse before (in ootp) so its strange he didnt again

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
i cant wait to see it acted out.... (hopefully it will b good)

lol, i doubt that. The only way it will be good is if daniel radcliff leaves the cast.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
sunjet said:
I know it was just me being random, how long do we have to wait till book 7?
im not sure...probz this time next year if j.k rowling has started writing it or mayb in 2007

J

jhakka

I imagine it will be at least two years. I wouldn't be surprised if it was three.

rama_v

HSC
jhakka said:
I imagine it will be at least two years. I wouldn't be surprised if it was three.
She has stated that it would most likely be shorter than the order of the phoenix, and that would probably mean it should come out at around 2007.

J

jhakka

Was that on the thingy the other night? I wasn't home to watch it, and I'm disappointed that I forgot to tape it. :(

scoby_2000

HSC
jhakka said:

i was talking about on dumbledores behalf....sure daniel radcliffe (ITS HIS BDAY TODAY....YEY FOR HIM!) is an awful actor and makes me want to kill myself and burn my harry potter books....but the rest of the casts i think are awesome...e.g. Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon (the new dumbledore) and Richard Harris (bless his soul) are awesome choices, i think anyway

there is a line when selecting kids for parts....it must be very hard to find good kid actors...I liked haley joel in Pay it forward, but i thought he sucked in 6th sense and AI, i do however really like Freddie Highmore, from Finding Neverland and Charlie from the upcoming film! (ok so i have totally gone off on a tangent)

but in conclusion....tho children may act like shit, part of me does long to see it acted out well....i know i cud do it, i cant wait to see how they do it

not just the acting but the sets and everything! (though it may be better in my imagination) its still fun to watch, and to add to ure imagination

Last edited:
J

jhakka

One of the redeeming features of the Prisioner of Azkaban film (damn their crappy Dementors... they hover, not fly!) was all the scenery they put in there. It was fantastic. Oh, and I liked the music.

scoby_2000

HSC
i do not believe John Williams can fail.....

he is however not doing the next installment?!?! (goblet of fire)

Patrick Doyle is.... who did Gosford Park...

i bet you anything they keep the same trailer music tho...i dont think they could NOT use it....hopefully Johnny wont kick up a fuss!

NEWS ON THE STREET PEOPLE - ANNOUNCED HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE - DECEMBER 2008!!! :D:D:DD (lol)

scoby_2000

HSC
no i fucking hated the first 2

the 3rd one was average

the next one is being directed by an englishman who did do Four Weddings and a funeral....so it cudnt be that bad

i believe they can only do so much with Daniel Radcliffe

i dont hold much expectations for the next film....but how can you not be excited!

i mean comon! Everyone knew star wars wud b shit but people still got excited about it....why???....BECAUSE ITS STAR WARS!!!

People will get excited about it because it is harry potter!

0Jade0

HSC
I just think my mind is better than the HP movies. So when I go to see them I am really disappointed.
Like why the fuck do the Weasly twins look like girls?

scoby_2000

HSC
0Jade0 said:
I just think my mind is better than the HP movies. So when I go to see them I am really disappointed.
Like why the fuck do the Weasly twins look like girls?

dude....anyones imagination is better than any film.... u wud hav to be the dumbest fuck to think that a movie was bigger than anyones imagination!!!

but for me....the movies add to my imagination...they dont subtract....i dont fucking let them!!! :D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
JKR has already started writing book 7, and i remember readng a few years ago that she's already got the last chapter under lock and key (no doubt she'd be making changes, though).

and yes, the part where dumbledore tells harry that he isn't worried... *points to sig* i was already biting my lip, with that horrible feeling in my throat. the scene in the cave disturbed me so much, imagining all the inferni (sp), and dumbledore practically being tortured by the drink - god, how must harry've felt?

*shudders*

i think dumbledore has definitely been killed - avada kedavra, all the events and clues leading up to it - as well as the fact that he has made it clear he isn't afraid of death. and as i said before, his portrait's up in the office already, so that brings us a tiny bit of comfort, knowing harry can go back for advice etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)