HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
bubz :D said:
JKR has already started writing book 7, and i remember readng a few years ago that she's already got the last chapter under lock and key (no doubt she'd be making changes, though).

and yes, the part where dumbledore tells harry that he isn't worried... *points to sig* i was already biting my lip, with that horrible feeling in my throat. the scene in the cave disturbed me so much, imagining all the inferni (sp), and dumbledore practically being tortured by the drink - god, how must harry've felt?
was anyone else thinking about Dawn of the dead (or any other zombie film?)

lol....i imagined all these zombie things...was soo freaky!

oh and can someone just tell me....i just logged out for a sec....how come i cud see all these pictures under peoples names but when i log in they go? (thanks)

0Jade0

HSC
scoby_2000 said:
dude....anyones imagination is better than any film.... u wud hav to be the dumbest fuck to think that a movie was bigger than anyones imagination!!!

but for me....the movies add to my imagination...they dont subtract....i dont fucking let them!!! :D
I'm not saying that it could match my imagination but movies like LOTR aren't disappointments.

scoby_2000

HSC
though extremely fucking cool....there were of course let downs for me even in lotr....like it was soo cool....but tom bombadill? :(:(:(:( (sadtimes!!!) and meeting Gimlies people and stuff

once again....ones imagination can come no where near a movie....but they can still b v.cool

ANYWAY

back to HP....

klh

HSC
well this hasnt been left out but what about percy? why still so...distant? he was wrong, even fudge knows it, why ahsnt he changed? and that explaantion form dumbledore about forgiving right easeir that wrong or whatever didnt make any sense.

Yes it was a pity Dumbledore dies...imean the greatest wizard and only one he ever feared, i think voldemort is having a very very good comeback, dont oyu think? he can terrorise without much interference now that the wisest one has gone. who else can live up to his power?
ALthough i said before that harry lacks magical ability in some ways, snape flicking away his spells although that may be somethign to do with reading his mind and thus anticipating what comes next, but love? what can it do? is he going to love or show so much emotion or transfer it to Voldemort?
some thoughts...

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
on my way through once again i was shocked to read the line that narcissa says in the robe shop about dumbledore not going to be around forever, her confidence in saying that didnt tweak when i first read it but now grrrrr jk is very shifty. also i noticed slughorn on the love bandwagon with that potion, it was certainly the odd one out. bet you it would smite voldy down nicely

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I still find it hard to believe that Hermione and Ron are going to quit school to go on a quest with Harry. Hermione is at the top of her classes and yet is going to throw that all away? And then there's Ron, generally speaking he's fucking usesless. I wouldn't take him with me to save the world.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
In the JKR interview, she said next year Ginny will be at Hogwarts and the other 3 will be off looking for the Horcuxes

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
There's probably a horcrux at Hogwarts, so she'll make him go back =)

ishq

brown?
HSC
There was an article in the newspaper today - about Harry Potter and connections to the 'Real' world.
It was pretty interesting - Did anyone here make the connection between Felix Felices/Love-Obsession Potions and Drug Use? (It makes your world go happy happy but its not good in big amounts)

It also had this line where it said - in the Chapter when Dumbledore and Harry are going to persuade Slughorn, Harry asks Dumbledore whether its safe to be out at night, and Dumbledore says "Don't be worried Harry, you're with me". And at the end, he says "I;m not worried Harry, I'm with you".
So, somewhere in the 600 pages, Harry lets go of his angsty self and becomes a man.

It was a nice analogy. Thought I'd share it. :D

isoonsui

HSC
What I think is that Snape will help harry somehow
in the end when he kills Voldemort - in the seventh book.
There was something in Snape which Dumbledore trusted him deeply.
Obviously it was wrong. Anyway, Snape will help Harry later.

Dumbledore's death really shocked me...
I believed he could do something at the curse,
or could get his wand somehow.

Who do you think RAB would be?

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
It was pretty obvious that Dumbledore planned on dying, he'd never be in a position in which he was unable to protect himself, he could have just summoned his wand back. And I'd be very surprised if he couldn't do most spells without a wand anyway, seeing as how hes so powerful

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
it was complete shit!!!! interesting things only happened in the last 1/8th of the book....

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
personally I dont think Regulus Black would be RAB. Since he wasnt a great wizard and from the locket, it seemed like it was switched. So for someone like Dumbledore and Regulus to take such difficulty to figure out how to pass all the restrictions and for Dumbledore to suffer from so much pain, I would think it would take a much more powerful and intellegent wizard than Regulus to obtain the locket. Plus, RAB could very well just be standing for a nickname rather than initials which would be far too obvious.

I did really enjoy reading about DD's lessons with harry. I think the fact that in all those lessons he was teaching him about Voldy's past rather than defence skills is showing Harry that knowledge of Voldy and how to use these clues to find the hocruxes was more important as Snape as pointed out -harry isnt a very good attacker. I would think it would be rather unrealistic for harry to suddenly be all powerful for even DD said that it wasnt that harry was in himself special. IT was the fact that Voldy chose harry and the fact that lily saved harry that made him special?

AS for Snape, I dont think his evil and thus i do not think dumbledore is a fool. It didnt seem like DD was pleading for his life, merely for Snape to do what he had to do. All the lessons was to pass to harry everything he knew about voldy in case harry had to carry on without him, in case snape had to finish draco's job. Perhaps draco would play an important role in the last book? Its good to see different aspects of draco's personality. How he is in front of his friends, his enermies and by himself. Perhaps Snape or his mother was the one who was RAB and the ones who concocted the potion that secured the bracelet since they were such potions masters. And perhaps that was why DD asked for snape when they arrived at hogsmede.

A theory that I have is perhaps Snape liked lily? I really doubt that he is dracos father though as he was rather reluctant to save draco and did the vow more for his mother. Plus draco looks way too much like his father. I think the fact that Snape felt really bad for the death of lily was why he left the death eaters. And then to have harry potter, who although is lily's son, also looks just like james who took lily away from him. So even though he despised harry since he reminded him of james, he didnt try to kill him. Was it just me, or did anyone else feel like when he was blocking all harry's shots he was kind of like teaching harry? like ...oh this curse is no good...try another? Also the fact that voldy allow lily to live if she ran away, for a person who was all evil and merciless and doesnt think twice about killing whole families? Perhaps he himself had made an unbreakable vow with severus when he revealed the prophecy and that he broke it by killing lilly and thus resulted in him in his non-physical form since he could not die due to the horcruxes.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I wouldn't be surprised if it's NOT Regulus, because JKR didn't seem surprised when everyone said that was their theory (from her website), like she wants them to think that or something.

funniboi

HSC
the question still remains...

is Harry even allowed to be doing magic after what happened at the cave? remember, he's underage still, and he's not in hogwarts or anywhere near, so doesn't that mean he's not allowed to use magic ?

so... if he can't use magic, how does he intend to find the horcuxes?

or i could be wrong, seeing as tho he is with dumbledore at the time and everything.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
funniboi said:

is Harry even allowed to be doing magic after what happened at the cave? remember, he's underage still, and he's not in hogwarts or anywhere near, so doesn't that mean he's not allowed to use magic ?

or i could be wrong, seeing as tho he is with dumbledore at the time and everything.
he'll be of age at the beginning of book 7 :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
funniboi said:

The cave had a bunch of enchantments on it, perhaps blocking the ministry's power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)