HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
klh said:
I'm sorry did i offend? No..not arguing, just saying what i think, i dunno if im against or for it, just what i thought, maybe you should ask JKR...or go to the leaky,cos forums, im sure there would be tons of info somewhere...

it just occured to me that they don't mention Santa but Christmas...i wonder why...maybe is it because they are older and know there is no such thing as Santa [we do all know this right? its not a surprise?] hmmm
No, it's not sarcastic, I mean it really provides a question for Rowling.

watiwat

HSC
i hated this book.

i think it's because i'm an avid fanfiction reader.. and i've read stories, some even written by 15 year olds, that are better than HBP.. makes me kind of disappointed in JKR. And there's the fact that I absolutely hate Ron and Hermione getting together.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
watiwat said:
And there's the fact that I absolutely hate Ron and Hermione getting together.
They didn't even get together.

Besides, it's been blatantly obvious since GOF.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Final Potter book to be written next year

December 28, 2005 - 3:45PM

J.K. Rowling expects to have a busy 2006 - "the year when I write the final book in the Harry Potter series".

"I contemplate the task with mingled feelings of excitement and dread, because I can't wait to get started, to tell the final part of the story and, at last, to answer all the questions (Will I ever answer all of the questions? Let's aim for most of the questions); and yet it will all be over at last and I can't quite imagine life without Harry," the British author writes in a recent posting on her website.

The sixth instalment of Rowling's fantasy series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, came out last summer.

Total worldwide sales of the Harry Potter books top 300 million.

On her website, Rowling says she has been "fine-tuning the fine-tuned plan of seven during the past few weeks". She notes that "reading through the plan is like contemplating the map of an unknown country in which I will soon find myself."

Rowling expects to start on the final book, not yet titled, next month.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/books/final-potter-book-next-year/2005/12/28/1135732632409.html

Well. I thought she would have started by now.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It shouldn't come out before the '06 hsc, she's barely started and it'll probably be quite long, seeing as her books gradually grew in thickness in each successive book and it's the last book in the series. I'll be looking forward to reading it AFTER the hsc. :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Anytime after '06 hsc is fine with me. And the last installment better be good. :)

klh

HSC
all good things come to an end and well, i hope she will write more of those supplementary books if she can like quidditch through the ages and such..
and you can always re-read...i persoanlly like the audio books, even though they cost an arm and a leg, coz you dont have to read so much your eyes get so damn tired.

oh and it seems liek it will be written in 06 bu released in 07, well form what those on the cosforums think anyway, i mean it should take her about a year to write, edit etc...so i dont think anyhting is gonna happen next year...

Last edited:

phizzy

HSC
an overwhelming sense of dread has engulfed me as i realise that harry could quite well possibly die in teh 7th book. OH WHY? WHY ART THOU SO CRUEL OH WORLD!
that or he doesn't
either way
doesn't bother me
at all
not one bit

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I for one don't care what happens to who, just so long as Hagrid finally hooks up with the Giant Squid after all those years of (very strong) foreshadowing in the other books.

If they did it'd be like so, err,

^______________^

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
etc.

rumour

HSC
I finally got around to reading the book! I liked it alot more than the last book, Harry isn't as annoying as he was in the last one.

I hope that Ron and Luna get together, instead of him and Hermione.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
im planning on reading it soon once i find my sisters copy. im tired of reading summarys !

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
rumour said:
I finally got around to reading the book! I liked it alot more than the last book, Harry isn't as annoying as he was in the last one.

I hope that Ron and Luna get together, instead of him and Hermione.
My Prediction would be that Harry survives and hooks up with Ginny.
Ron and Hermione will get together and Luna and Neville will some how get together too...

Just a guess

jennylim

HSC
HotShot said:
just a reminder:

HARRY POTTER IS GAY

what everrrrrrr.....

i would like to add, by the way, that i do not believe harry will die. there are many reasons for this. the first is that the story began with harry losing his family. the only way it can end, in a circular, nice way (the way in which rowling often writes) is with him gaining one, and surviving...to become a nice, well-rounded person. another is that rowling herself stated that harry isn't a christ figure. i'll get back to you with an interview reference later. finally, it is a huge cliche for him to die - it is so unique to let him survive and have a meaningful life (as in, not a "i set out to save the wizarding world, ron, and it has been saved, but not for me" ending).

as for couplings, i think it has been discussed ad nauseum at various internet sites...but it appears to be exceedingly obvious that ron/hermione and harry/ginny is how it's going to work out. whether or not you like that is up to you (personally i love it) but there's no point going into denial about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)