Harry's review! (1 Viewer)

big_bang344

HSC
How is Harry's for maths and physics? Planning on going but i'm not sure if it's really good? Can you guys tell me how much he charges for each subject? And is he a good teacher? Like good at explaining concepts and stuff? Oh, and how is the homework? I was planning on asking to go into the accelerated class.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I didn't like Harry's for Physics. So I quit after the first term. For Mathematics he charges $53 a lesson or there abouts. If you go there for Mathematics, you should have Harry as your teacher. He is kind, friendly, always puts on a smile and there is a few laughs here and again in class. What surprised me when I enrolled in the beginning of Year 11 was how well he explained the concepts and the level of depth he goes into. So I would definitely recommend it for Mathematics. Try the accelerated class if you would like to extend yourself.

big_bang344

HSC
Oooh. Sounds good. Didn't you say that the accelerated class finished the 3 unit and 2unit HSC in one year? If it's that fast, how does he go so in-depth? o.o And what is the difference between accelerated class and express class besides the speed? And do you know how long a lesson is? Oh, and lastly, what topics did he start with you? :L Sorry for asking so many questions :S If you don't want to answer it then it is fine :) Hopefully someone will come along and answer them if you dont want to :L

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
2 hours for 2/3U, 3 hours for 4U. I went in Term 1, they started basic trigonometry then went on to quadratic polynomials. I had already learnt these from a previous tutor, but I found that he explained it in much depth.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you want to know how good Harry is look at his student SpiralFlex. Look at the quality of his work.

If Harry's is full, you can always have me. But I charge more than him and am probably not as good.

Last edited:

nightweaver066

HSC
haha. maybe i'll give him a try then.
I suggest you try the accelerated class first before the express class. If you find the accelerated class a bit too quick or are struggling to grasp the concepts, then move to the express class. If you were to start out in the express class before changing classes, you may find yourself behind on 3-4 topics (happened to me).

big_bang344

HSC
Ahh... sure! nightweaver. Did you just ask him to get in and he let you in? You don't have to do a test or anything right? And does he start on year 11 content at the start if term 4 in rollover or the start of term 1 in year 11? And when i join when the class starts off officially... is every student there new? Or are they from his year 10 class?

nightweaver066

HSC
Ahh... sure! nightweaver. Did you just ask him to get in and he let you in? You don't have to do a test or anything right? And does he start on year 11 content at the start if term 4 in rollover or the start of term 1 in year 11? And when i join when the class starts off officially... is every student there new? Or are they from his year 10 class?
Yes, just ask and he will let you in. There is no entry test involved. The accelerated course commences at the start of the year so that would be the beginning of year 11 where he starts with the year 11 2u course.

Not every student in the class is new but there might be as students from his year 10 class might join.

big_bang344

HSC
Ahh.. Thanks! Most likely i will join. But it's still quite a while away :L

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Is anyone planning to enrol for Year 11 Physics at Harry's next year?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just because I have joined...Plenty of Spiral to go around!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
huh?! i'm definitely not going just becoz ur going! D< does he go really fast?
Not really, slower than Dr Du obviously. It's a more comfortable environment. You can ask questions without feeling intimidated. Sit in Spiral's lucky spot! Front row second seat to the right. Best view!

starryblue

HSC
Not really, slower than Dr Du obviously. It's a more comfortable environment. You can ask questions without feeling intimidated. Sit in Spiral's lucky spot! Front row second seat to the right. Best view!
for acceleration class? isn't it faster than Dr du?

starryblue

HSC
too close~ i'll feel uncomfortable and pretty awkward AND i suddenly remembered something...D< you forgot again, didn't you? *sigh* nvm then.

Henray

HSC
Harry loves to make the HK joke haha.

Great for maths, express class goes a bit slow though. Chem and Phys are good, but Maths is definetly better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)