Help! Hard magic square? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lool this is a super typical IQ test question, and btw you're thinking too simply about this Sy, gotta think of as many relationships as you can with these things, and the hard ones typically have some often very abstract patterns, a lot more complex than simply adding/subtracting rows/colums/diagonals together.

EDIT: Riproot has the idea, good job.
yeah… I wouldn't have gotten it without the answers…

EDIT: And afaik I have a rather high IQ I just have no learned intelligence. ^_^

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
lool this is a super typical IQ test question, and btw you're thinking too simply about this Sy, gotta think of as many relationships as you can with these things, and the hard ones typically have some often very abstract patterns, a lot more complex than simply adding/subtracting rows/colums/diagonals together.

What a horrible way to test someone's intelligence

No wonder people say psychometric tests are inaccurate

barbernator

HSC

what's you're IQ bro? I hear your quite smart

hayabusaboston

HSC
What a horrible way to test someone's intelligence

No wonder people say psychometric tests are inaccurate
Remember, its only testing one element of intellect: computational power

It tests your ability to compute and analyse as many permutations of a pattern as possible to find the pattern then complete it using one element out of a selection of elements.

Its lame yes, but its what is required for Mensa.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
yo hayabusa do you just talk about IQ or do you actually demonstrate intelligence by actively contributing to the maths marathon threads etc.? (srs question)

barbernator

HSC
Put it this way, out of maybe 600-700 randomly selected people, I would likely have the highest score.

If you think about there being 7,000,000,000 people on the planet,
yea im not that impressive lol.
ahh ok nice job. how hard did u have to study to get that?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Put it this way, out of maybe 600-700 randomly selected people, I would likely have the highest score.

If you think about there being 7,000,000,000 people on the planet,
yea im not that impressive lol.
only 600-700??? LOL

yo hayabusa do you just talk about IQ or do you actually demonstrate intelligence by actively contributing to the maths marathon threads etc.? (srs question)
some of us hate and are shit at maffs but are actually sort of intuitive as well. :'(

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
only 600-700??? LOL

some of us hate and are shit at maffs but are actually sort of intuitive as well. :'(
lol the "etc" was supposed to mean like general academic contributions

anyway, good solution :)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
lolnope

Scoff at (1+costheta + isintheta) and not provide a solution.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I would contribute but I feel an innate laziness with latex

and barb I dun study for dat, u cant really study for an IQ test, other than by doing online ones, which are quite substantially different to professional done ones.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
contributing to a maths marathon thread really doesn't determine someones intelligence either...

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I would contribute but I feel an innate laziness with latex

and barb I dun study for dat, u cant really study for an IQ test, other than by doing online ones, which are quite substantially different to professional done ones.
So can you do most of the questions in the thread?

hayabusaboston

HSC
contributing to a maths marathon thread really doesn't determine someones intelligence either...
Determining one's intellect is a task that is outside the boundaries of any high school academic situation.

You simply cannot judge intellect accurately in any way in a high school setting, unless (like in south african high schools) Mensa provides IQ testing to all yr 7 students just entering high school. I left africa while still in primary school which is why I didnt do that.

HOwever that might be a worthy thing to consider for the aussie government, establish IQ testing by mensa in high schools. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)