Help me out of my Fitness First membership (1 Viewer)

Macdaddy.

Banned
HSC
I signed up for a 12 months Fitness First membership 10 days ago, and now I'm rethinking the decision because I don't think I can pay each payment as it falls. Under FF's terms and conditions they've set down a 7 day 'cooling off' period, and I'm wondering whether they'd still accept my cancellation even though it's been more than 7 days.

Anybody been in this situation before?

Thanks.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
its fitness first, the first thing they want you to do is sign their stupid contracts.
i got to millenniumm healthclub, and i'm not on a contract.
fitness first is very expensive, unfriendly and shitty facilities
if you're under 18 which i doubt you are.. you can get your parents to get you out of it..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
fitness first is heaps overrated.

if u wanna do cardio, just go for a run/ride ur bike.

if u wanna do weights, go to any local gym that has a barbell and weights, no need for those fancy machines.

and dont go into any contract without knowing all the details, i've been offered heaps of fitness first deals, but i never take them because i dont wanna be locked into this contract, AND i wont even be using all the facilities.

Not sure if they'll let u off, maybe, ask em.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
they will not let you off. they will prosecute you if you dont pay.

say you were intoxicated when you signed the contract

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Local gyms are more expensive than FF, if you couldnt afford it then you shouldn't have signed up.

throwaway

Banned
in the hsc exam hall doing a massive dump on my MX
HSC
fitness first is heaps overrated.

if u wanna do cardio, just go for a run/ride ur bike.

if u wanna do weights, go to any local gym that has a barbell and weights, no need for those fancy machines.

and dont go into any contract without knowing all the details, i've been offered heaps of fitness first deals, but i never take them because i dont wanna be locked into this contract, AND i wont even be using all the facilities.

Not sure if they'll let u off, maybe, ask em.
you moron

some of us aren't muslim and can afford gym fees

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
Yer i did that once and they said they would take me to court so i had to pay it but now im glad i did cause i got the biggest guns ever

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Gyms are shockers when it comes to signing contracts.

If there's a 'cooling off' clause in the contract then that stands and you should be able to cancel the membership (perhaps you'll have to foot a small bill to do so). If they refuse to allow you to back off from it, then contact legal advice immediately, even if you cbf'd, just for the principle of the matter.

If it can't be changed just live with it. It's a bad, but not terrible gym. Probably beats the PCYC gym I went to for a while :p

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
just get a doctor's certificate that says you're unfit to be using their gym for ... reasons. i did and got out of it.

no pun intended.

Tim035

HSC
Only real way out now would be to try and void the contract, which would likely require legal support, which would cost more then just paying off the contract.
You could try and use the good old 'unconscionable contact' saying they forced you in to it and you weren't really aware of what was going on, then they made you sign some piece of paper that they didn't even give you the chance to read. I'd imagine A LOT of ppl have tried this on them though and they'd be well aware of how to confront it.
Otherwise, say you were drunk or high when you signed it, once again that's going to be pretty hard to prove.
Otherwise umm..... close the bank account that the membership is attached to, open a trust fund in the middle of nowhere (Nevis, Bahama's, Switzerland) and tell them the money for the membership is being transferred from that fund, it should arrive any day now! Then just keep saying you have no idea where the money has ended up and you're confused and stressed, and the pressure they keep putting on you is causing you to have a mental breakdown and they better stop harassing you or you will sue them.

BreezerD

HSC
Try and get banned. Throw weight plates around, break machines, yell loudly, just be a general nuisance until you get banned. Easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)