Help, UTS - Business or UNSW - Commerce (1 Viewer)

Jinks

HSC
Now that I think of it, he mentioned these cadets would be undergoing training with the firm while they were studying at uni- perhaps this meant they were ready to work as MORE than graduates once they graduated.
Still wouldn't be close to 100k as I said in my other response.

Frostbitten

HSC
I'd agree with this. I think you're better of doing B Business at UTS and going from there.
Do you or does anyone else know if it is 50/50 atar and uni grades or is it 100% uni grades after 1st year at uni for a transfer from UTS to UNSW? Seeing some conflicting information on the Internet as usual.

Cheers bros.

MBMD

HSC
it's 50/50. 100% uni grades is only for internal transfers.
so if one were to attempt to transfer into usyd/unsw commerce, what atar would you need? I'd imagine that the higher your WAM is then the atar requirement would decrease...right?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
With accounting how do you guys theorise would be the best way to make money and get to those higher levels? Would it be something like go public accounting for a bit, then private, then create your owns business or go back to the richer public positions and work towards a partnership?
If you were in it solely for the money, you probably wouldn't be wanting to do accounting in my opinion. Even at the upper echelons of accounting say at Senior Partner or CFO levels, the pay will still pale in comparison to a successful businessman or entrepreneur. At the end of the day, accounting and finance is largely a support or back office function even though it may help drive business decisions and strategy.

To answer your question though, I personally would go down the public accounting route first because that's where you learn the most and progress through a structure. This works well since as a revenue generator, it's in the firm's best interests to make sure you are progressing and developing. Then when the time is right (trust me, you'll have a pretty good idea when it's ready for you), you could either keep climbing or make the jump to commercial where you can leverage your experience and add value.

RishBonjour

HSC
Do Business at UTS - its the BEST option. Much better than doing arts at UNSW for 1 year. I assume some of the credit points will be transferable - so you won't be behind either! Its really not too hard to get HD ave in first year commerce - probably even a bit easier at UTS - so you always have the option of transferring to anywhere you like. But I'm sure you'll love it there after 1 year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)