HELP WITH SUBJECT SELECTION (1 Viewer)

eshaylad69420

HSC
Hi there guys, I am currently a year 10 student, going into the prelim course next year. So far these are my subjects that I have chosen

Advanced Math
Extension English
Chemistry
Economics
Legal Studies
SOR I

I want to get a scope in terms of my subject choices early as I was contemplating picking up extension 2 English in year 12 on top of my already content-heavy subjects. If I do end up choosing Extension 2 English then I need advice as to whether or not I should drop Eco or Legal, at university level I wish to study Commerce and Law (which doesn't make life easier in terms of deciding). Should I pick up Extension 2 English, and If i should, what should I drop?

dumNerd

HSC
Hi there guys, I am currently a year 10 student, going into the prelim course next year. So far these are my subjects that I have chosen

Advanced Math
Extension English
Chemistry
Economics
Legal Studies
SOR I

I want to get a scope in terms of my subject choices early as I was contemplating picking up extension 2 English in year 12 on top of my already content-heavy subjects. If I do end up choosing Extension 2 English then I need advice as to whether or not I should drop Eco or Legal, at university level I wish to study Commerce and Law (which doesn't make life easier in terms of deciding). Should I pick up Extension 2 English, and If i should, what should I drop?

Shouldn't you worry about that after year 11? That way you would know how you go with all your subjects

IAmWinston

HSC
If you want to study commerce or law, don't drop economics or legal studies. Even though they may not be prerequisites, it will definitely help you in your uni course.

tbh, I don't know any subjects that have ext 2 english as a prerequisites or assumed knowledge. Extension 2 english is if you are really good and love the subject.

Saint Dev

HSC
None of those subjects are pre requisites to law and commerce (Because there really aren't any, maybe English Advanced), so you don't need to worry about it from that point of view. If you really enjoy English, which I don't blame you, then go for Extension 2. In terms of Economics and Legal Studies, I'd tend towards economics, simply because it will help you to maximise your Atar (hate to be the guy that mentions scaling but it is important) which you'll need for Law.

I'm also looking into Law but don't do Legal Studies myself, it will not put you at any disadvantage either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)