Heroes (Aus Airings) (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
As the name implies, this thread is for those of who haven't been keeping up with the US airings of the show (I was surprised to see no-one had already started one for our following).

Last night's pilot was probably the best premiere episode I've seen for a long while (House was probably the best one before this). I thought it was alot more tangible than the likes of Lost, which was defaintely a plus (I never could get into that series). You can actually see that there are connections at work and that the smaller story arcs will combine for one larger arc. Lost, on the other hand, implies a lot but gives nothing except some really vague ideas and ignores most of the relevant arcs. I could have told you the whole point of what happened in season two (the reason for the crash) in maybe one or two episodes.

Heroes, however, was actually decent and fairly well-written. Hiro was probably the best, as were the artist and Nathan. Didn't much like the stripper, though.

Thoughts?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I like how a few of the characters are already interlinked.

SPOILERS below.

The fire with the invincible girl walking through the fire and the artist painting it, then others watching the news about it on tv. And then that taxi driver and the two brothers that can float. Also the jap guy ending up NY.

The clear antagonist is the stripper and maybe also the invincible girl's father?

And it looks like there's going to be many more heroes to be revealed in the next episode or two. Overall I like it and will likely to continue watching it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hiro was pretty funny. Haha, I laughed when he was yelling Yahoo! after he got thrown out when he had teleported into the girl's bathroom.

Yeah, i really liked the guy who could paint. He was good

yosemite sam

HSC
i promised myself that because this year is my hsc i would cut back on the tv watching, but this show looks incredibly good! hiro was my favourite...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Looks like Hiro is everyone's favourite..

I like the connections that the show is creating between the characters.. one subtle one is the comic that the stripper's son was reading was the same as the screensaver that Hiro had when he was looking at his computer.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Why do I get the feeling that if the show turns out to suck, everyone will still watch it just to see Hiro.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Hehe yeh Hiro was cool. But my favourite was the stripper chick I dont think she's the antagonist though, but the cheerleader's father seems to be.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I'm not going to spoil it (I follow the US series), but my favourite character is.. Wait I was just about to type that when I realised that its kind of a spoiler. But she rocks.

And if anyone watches Scrubs, Hiro is the same actor that plays Franklin the blood-sample guy. FACT.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Orly? The cheerleader's father might be the antagonist? I would never have guessed after they almost explicitly said he was :S

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
From the latest US eps, the father's motives are still quite sus, however there is another clear antagonist.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
From the latest US eps, the father's motives are still quite sus, however there is another clear antagonist.
If you're keeping up with the US episodes, then go back to the US thread or use the spioler function, however minor the spoilers might be.

tempco

HSC
Logain said:
And if anyone watches Scrubs, Hiro is the same actor that plays Franklin the blood-sample guy. FACT.
Lol, no wonder he looked familiar.

mangomousse

HSC
Yeah, he was also in an episode of The Loop that i saw a few weeks ago (go Pandas)
And in the first shot of the Jap club scene did you guys catch those two asian Backstreet Boys karaoke singers in the basketball singlets from that video that did the rounds? That was them right?

HSC
Micah is so cute! But Hiro is still the best.

This show reminds me of X-men, mostly coz of Claire.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I love this show. It is awsome!

Hiro is sooo cute. And I love Nathan too.

I am so tempted to just go to the US airings thread and read the spoilers.

Must...RESIST!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, and is it just me, or did Claire just kill a guy?!?!?! I thought it was a bit uncalled for.

Last edited:

orly?

HSC
[spoilers removed - PLEASE post in appropriate thread or use spoiler tags]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)