Hi i need to repeat year 12, but my parents do let. (1 Viewer)

liangson

HSC
if you cant, just try to skip the rest day of your school life, including hsc, so u will be forced to repeat the school whatever your parents agree or not. however, still try to talk to your mum first

kristyelyse

HSC
It's perfectly fine if you graduate with an ATAR of 50 or so. Enjoy the freedom that comes with graduating! :)

Your ATAR doesn't determine your success and future career. Everyone I know who has done the HSC has told me that they were asked about their marks and UAI once. Employers don't care what your ATAR is, they want to know if you can do the job or not.

And besides, you can always go back to uni as a mature aged student! :)

mrteeson

HSC
Such a hard time your going through, for your case if your planning to repeat and planning to experience the HSC again (which in my opinion is a bad decision) do it at your risk, idk what course you are interested in uni but you have to tell your parents your course interest and tell them your going to get that ATAR next year when you repeat (from all my friends that came from public school they never acheived the ATAR they wanted due to their cohorts performance) and this may affect you this and next year as well.

In my opinion like everyone else in this forum, Tafe or a low ATAR requirement course in uni (example UWS) would be a better where you can transfer to your desired course. One example is that one guy in my school achieved an ATAR 72, and repeated where his ATAR he received was a bit higher but still didnt get in his course that he was focusing on, hence for your sake it would be better to do either TAFE or low ATAR requirement course in uni.

HSC
As far as im concerned, by law your allowed to make your own choice with your education when your 16+.

lolwafflez

HSC
look her parents need to look realistically, the fact that she has failed trials means that all she has is hsc now. And the fact that she has been doing no so good means that her atar will just get affected. Whats the point in continuing when you're not gonna get a mark that you're not satisfied with? She should just repeat, it's her life and her decision. She wants to repeat to show that she can change herself and if her parents don't want to see her strive. Then they can literally.... Why are they telling her to continue school when her marks aren't getting her anywhere? No point.
This. Btw im not a 'she' DDD: LOL

lolwafflez

HSC
my dad repeated year 12 because he didnt get the marks he wanted, 2nd year he got the marks for dentistry. repeating isn't stupid if you have something you are very passionate about or if your marks are no where near acceptable and you CAN do a lot better
im passionate, everyone at school tells me to transfer or college. But I want to repeat, i really want to, for myself, no one else.
So how to convince my parents.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
It's perfectly fine if you graduate with an ATAR of 50 or so. Enjoy the freedom that comes with graduating! :)

Your ATAR doesn't determine your success and future career.
Perfectly true, mate don't worry if you get an ATAR < 30. It's always good to be in the top end or bottom end of the spectrum. When you graduate you can have parties, and you are a free man. But another true statement is you ATAR doesn't determine your success & future career. From you not saying which course you want to get into, you have many opportunities. Such as garbage collector, McDonalds baby (cant beat this one) double quarter pounder with cheese :), 69c make it bacon - make it bacon baby and many more like being a butcher etc.

Living Moment

HSC
Plain and simple if you wanna repeat, repeat!!! but make sure you have enough fuel left in the tank left is up to brother, Honestly I would repeat but my girlfriend and I wanna go to same uni
My master plan was to repeat get state rank for Chem/physics and Biology and make $3000 plus a week just by tutoring get the girls, go clubbing with skyline and all that

But if you want it that bad go for it, if you have nothing to lose fucking repeat get state ranking put your add up and make $3000 plus a week

But you know what I found out the more you try fixing the past the more you fuck up the future, Whatever happens happens ride that big fucking wave and trust me you'll get there brother.

Just do me one favour give your mum and dad a big hug because at the end of the day they want what’s good for you and your thankful to have such parents

ali-fc

HSC
Plain and simple if you wanna repeat, repeat!!! but make sure you have enough fuel left in the tank left is up to brother, Honestly I would repeat but my girlfriend and I wanna go to same uni
My master plan was to repeat get state rank for Chem/physics and Biology and make $3000 plus a week just by tutoring get the girls, go clubbing with skyline and all that

But if you want it that bad go for it, if you have nothing to lose fucking repeat get state ranking put your add up and make $3000 plus a week

But you know what I found out the more you try fixing the past the more you fuck up the future, Whatever happens happens ride that big fucking wave and trust me you'll get there brother.

Just do me one favour give your mum and dad a big hug because at the end of the day they want what’s good for you and your thankful to have such parents
respect <3

p3rf3ction

HSC
yeah man, dont repeat. At the end of the day, the atar u desire is only going to get u to ur destination quicker. You can do whatever u want in this life. You think Jay Z was 17 and would've thought he'd be this big? Nah man, anything can happen. Just make sure u make it happen.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Your ATAR is really meaningless. At good ATAR will only save you 1-2 years max.

You can always get to your goal regardless of your ATAR

Keira Jones

Banned
HSC

Wow well said :)

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A

You can't do that unless you get a 95 ATAR in the first place and you have the motivation and potential to do it and you know exactly what you are doing. If you repeat after a 50 ATAR you will be basically learning the stuff you were meant to learn the year before.
I was actually thinking about that too, but fuck it. Theoretically it sounds perfect, a plan that has the potential to completely change your life but how do you know that you'll get state rankings? I'm just gonna do adv. science at uni this year and transfer next year.
But I really need someone to explain to us how university transfer works EXACTLY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)