• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

high UAI.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
conics2008 said:
what mates, internet people dont count as freinds. ????:argue:
lol, i assure you - my social network is far greater than you think.

az8

HSC
wat if i am aiming for a 85 uai wat makrs do i need???
all my report makrs are in high 70's low 80's.... ranks are in the 20's mainly...

Poad

HSC
tommykins said:
hollieee said:
Yes, I know, my point was merely that Rhanoct said if you're struggling to hit 85-90's then there's something wrong with you.
But at some schools, nobody gets that high, and 70's-80's are good marks.
Which is why the rank IS more important =)

Sigh, you can get 100 UAI at any school you attend, regardless of it's ranking.
I'm fairly certain she meant your ranking for subjects, not school rankings.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Poad said:
I'm fairly certain she meant your ranking for subjects, not school rankings.
If so, I interpretted it wrong.

She tried to refute the "somethings wrong with you" claim by saying that some schools - people are only able to get 70-80, thus the ranking of the school matters, which is false if you're coming first internally for your subjects (by assuming you try etc.)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Wasn't going to reply again, but
Paj20 said:
lol cause your so good and shit..

your an idiot mate.
Hollieee said:
Rofl.
I agree =)
Yeah, I'd be pretty cut if someone told me I'm one of the shitters of NSW.

fOR3V3RPINKKKK etc., I'm sorry for being vague like that, I just assumed people would use their brains. You should be able to do QUITE WELL in the HSC because it is NOT DIFFICULT to do so i.e. score in the high 80s and 90s after scaling and the rest of it. Obviously if you're disabled or something of the sort it's difficult, but I posted in response to the OP who struck me as a normal student with no such difficulties.

I also agree 100% with tommy, 95+ is not as difficult to attain as it's made out to be- you just need to know what the fuck you're doing.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Rhanoct, it sounded to me like you were talking about 85-90 in assessments, which is kinda something you can't say cause school mark differently, ect as people have pointed out.
If you were talking about the actual HSC exam, that's a bit different. And none of us can really comment, because we haven't done it yet.
So I guess it was just a miscommunication =)

And tommykins, I have no idea what you're talking about, I wasn't talking about school ranks at all.
When I said the rank is more important, I meant individual student ranks based on internal assessments.

Hopefully now we're all talking about the same thing?
Hehh.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
You have to keep in mind that the uai is a rank, no a mark.

so 85-90 means you're ranked a lot higher than most people.
So a lot of people wouldn't find it easy to get a UAI 85+.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Most people in NSW are _______

fOR3V3RPINKKKK: Imo, "not being able to grasp a concept" is just an excuse for a) not trying hard enough to grasp it or b) lacking in intelligence

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hollieee said:
Rhanoct, it sounded to me like you were talking about 85-90 in assessments, which is kinda something you can't say cause school mark differently, ect as people have pointed out.
If you were talking about the actual HSC exam, that's a bit different. And none of us can really comment, because we haven't done it yet.
So I guess it was just a miscommunication =)

And tommykins, I have no idea what you're talking about, I wasn't talking about school ranks at all.
When I said the rank is more important, I meant individual student ranks based on internal assessments.

Hopefully now we're all talking about the same thing?
Hehh.
I guess that's an error on all of our parts for not specifying.

I apologise.

Paj20

HSC
Rhanoct said:
Most people in NSW are _______

fOR3V3RPINKKKK: Imo, "not being able to grasp a concept" is just an excuse for a) not trying hard enough to grasp it or b) lacking in intelligence
lol you are so full of yourself its funny

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
I've experienced enough of the HSC to know what I'm talking about. The original focus of this thread was how achievable a UAI of 95+ is. For an intelligent and hardworking student it is VERY achievable- I've seen it in the past, I'm seeing it now. If you don't want to accept that you're incredibly naive.

But you're right Without Wings, if people want to aim to be the average NSW shitter then so be it- for them, it probably is "too hard", like life.

Paj20 said:
lol you are so full of yourself its funny
Enjoy failing life sir.

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Without Wings said:
Rhanoct: No offence, but you really have no idea what you are talking about
You should be promoted to funny moderator, i lol'd.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lionking1191 said:
...way to go for stating the obvious
wtf??

what 'm trying to say is that I won't be much happier getting 99.xx than 94.x and getting into the course I want.

Think a bit before you post.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
All:

I think you're missing what I'm really saying: the vast majority of students in NSW are absolute failures. If you aren't able to stomp them in the HSC (i.e. attain a UAI of 85+), in my eyes,there's something wrong with you.

For a Y11 student to be aiming for a UAI of 70-80 is pretty sad, because you're aiming to be slightly better than someone who spends their final year of school fucking around, who is quite happy to go out and get a regular job and live a regular life.

OP:

Regardless of what other people say, attaining a UAI of 95+ is not impossible just because you aren't a genius at a top 10 school. I personally know people who weren't child prodigies who were able to get upwards of 97 as well as people in y12 this year who are doing exceptionally well and aren't amazing.

If you really can't do well, despite your efforts (and I mean genuine effort), then that's just the way it is, but for the people who make excuses it's your life you're fucking up.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
goals should be:
S - specific
M - measurable
A - achievable
R - realistic
T - time managed???

the main purpose of a uai is to rank you against others to see whether or not you are competitive enough to get into the course you want. hence your aim should ideally be whatever the cut off for youre preferred course plus one or two points on top of that.
PD/H/PE? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)