• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Highest UAI '09 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Highest UAI '09

do all u ppl no each other out of school or something because how can one possibly tell how another is going to go in the HSC merely by posts on an internet forum?
hahahaha we do :)

we got "connection" lol

tku336

HSC
im pretty sure our school will top 4 maths (and french, greek, greek extension, latin, latin extension, music, economics. and maybe one or two of the other languages).

we have lacy. mwahahaha. menzies last year, lacy this year, vasak next year, tim large the year after.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
im pretty sure our school will top 4 maths (and french, greek, greek extension, latin, latin extension, music, economics. and maybe one or two of the other languages).

we have lacy. mwahahaha. menzies last year, lacy this year, vasak next year, tim large the year after.
You guys say all that and always get the 1st rank off you haha (except last year and long time ago)

micuzzo

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Highest UAI '09

So you support Leninism. I take it you're a sworn enemy to Stalinists then?

From what the post on the website ie answers to people's questions etc. And yeah, some of us would know each other in real life XD
Well that depends, but i see where u are coming from...

@namu: connections ey?...lol

tku336

HSC
lacy's currently averaging 97% for 4 unit maths.

yeah but hes not as good as menzies was.

you reckon you can top it namu?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lacy's currently averaging 97% for 4 unit maths.

yeah but hes not as good as menzies was.

you reckon you can top it namu?
no chance for 4 unit top

but may be for 3 unit state rank

btw lolokay is on the rise :)

but to be honest, if lacy guy is not as good as menzies, how can he top the state in 4 unit? You have to realise that menzies equal topped 4 unit...

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC

not if i have my way haha:jedi:

tku336

HSC
yes but menzies says he got full marks. thats a VERY rare thing to occur.

plus, menzies was the second best in the olympiad in australia, to some guy in queensland or something. lacy is still about 10th in australia.

okay our maths tops are - two people on 95/96 for 2 unit (10 above 92), will lee on 84/84 for 3 unit (lacy was 83, 10 above 80), lacy on 73/75 for 4 unit (will lee on 72, ten above 66.)

if you can beat that, then youve got a shot at topping the state.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yes but menzies says he got full marks. thats a VERY rare thing to occur.

plus, menzies was the second best in the olympiad in australia, to some guy in queensland or something. lacy is still about 10th in australia.

okay our maths tops are - two people on 95/96 for 2 unit (10 above 92), will lee on 84/84 for 3 unit (lacy was 83, 10 above 80), lacy on 73/75 for 4 unit (will lee on 72, ten above 66.)

if you can beat that, then youve got a shot at topping the state.
well, menzies is full of shit, no offence. I have heard about how arrogant he is in real life. Sen Lin has claimed that he could have got around 117/120 and based on that (which is far much more accurate because he knows that he made some mistakes), Menzies would have got around 117/120 too.

Besides, if he actually got 120/120, there would have been some words out of BOS saying that the record that Anthony Henderson (with some other person) has been carrying from 1993 is broken.

But you should also note that Olympiad =/= HSC. There have been many cases where non-olypiad students took the top spot in 4 unit maths. You also have to note many other state ranks which are not from Olympians...

Um...two people on 95/96 for 2 unit???????? How is that relevant lol. 2 Unit is pretty meaningless maths in the face of 4 unit and 3 unit maths. 2 unit in no way gives a good indication of someone's maths ability. If you can top the state in 2 unit, you just got bloody damn lucky. Besides, sydney grammar doesn't do very well in 2 unit really...people should be getting 99% in 2 unit to get some hope at state rank.

And hm...that's quite impressive how you have some impressive mathematicians there. But that's also little bit irrelevant because different schools have different papers...

I am pretty sure I won't beat any of the top guys from your school or Ruse in 4 unit because I just know. 3 unit? I am not too sure. Even 3 unit is a bit of luck too. The paper isn't that hard...it's silly mistakes that prevent you from getting state rank...

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
namu, he will also top the state in 3 unit and 4 unit
I do not agree
topping 2 unit and 3/4 are much much much different things. While Namu is extremely smart and dedicated he'll need a very healthy serving of luck to go his way to top such subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I do not agree
topping 2 unit and 3/4 are much much much different things. While Namu is extremely smart and dedicated he'll need a very healthy serving of luck to go his way to top such subjects.
That's my exact point :)

dp624

HSC
@tku
No, I hear from Sen that Max says he got 118

+, who's to say grammar has all the smart people? ruse had like 3 state ranks for 4u and 5 for 3u last year

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
@tku
No, I hear from Sen that Max says he got 118

+, who's to say grammar has all the smart people? ruse had like 3 state ranks for 4u and 5 for 3u last year
and hey, who says ruse or grammar will top maths at all? :D
nsg ftw!

dp624

HSC
and hey, who says ruse or grammar will top maths at all? :D
nsg ftw!
For sure, i never said it would be ruse/grammar

I was just saying don't bet it would be grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)