• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Highest UAI '09 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

badquinton304

HSC
I do not agree
topping 2 unit and 3/4 are much much much different things. While Namu is extremely smart and dedicated he'll need a very healthy serving of luck to go his way to top such subjects.
Getting a state ranking in any subject requires some luck. Like last year in 2 unit I got 98 I checked mine with the Terry Lee solutions and I got everything right, but I took big short cuts in working out which I would have lost marks for seeing that it was an easy paper and thus to get ranks they would have to have stricter criteria.
I certainly agree with 2u and 3/4u being two different things, you could top the state in 2u on hard work and luck, 3/4u requires work, luck, talent, a nice box of math tricks in your head and a calm state of mind.

dp624

HSC
Getting a state ranking in any subject requires some luck. Like last year in 2 unit I got 98 I checked mine with the Terry Lee solutions and I got everything right, but I took big short cuts in working out which I would have lost marks for seeing that it was an easy paper and thus to get ranks they would have to have stricter criteria.
I certainly agree with 2u and 3/4u being two different things, you could top the state in 2u on hard work and luck, 3/4u requires work, luck, talent, a nice box of math tricks in your head and a calm state of mind.
True - if not for stupid mistakes my maths would have been higher raw =.= (got a lot in 4u - e.g. forgot to double volume of torus)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
uhh? They never change the marking criteria just to choose people for state ranks.

It has been pre-established before the HSC so they don't know how competitive the exam is going to be.

tku336

HSC
oh. well max said the day after that he thought he got full marks in 4 unit and close in 3 unit.

but he didnt even end up getting state listed in 3 unit. so he could be wrong.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
oh. well max said the day after that he thought he got full marks in 4 unit and close in 3 unit.

as i said, he is rather full of shit. yes, very talented guy indeed.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol, what makes you think that?

btw we are out to regain our 2nd ranking this year. 1st would be nice though (but kinda impossible :( )
my bet goes to nsg regaining its 2nd top position and make me respect that school moar (like I did back in 2003-2005)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Do you guys reckon that it's possible to get 100 as an aligned exam mark in 4 unit if your raw mark is <99%?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you guys reckon that it's possible to get 100 as an aligned exam mark in 4 unit if your raw mark is <99%?
We are not sure...

I know someone who came top in the state for 4 unit in 2003 but he got 99 as his alligned mark...

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
my bet goes to nsg regaining its 2nd top position and make me respect that school moar (like I did back in 2003-2005)
05? didnt we not come 2nd in 05? and we did pretty well in 07 too.

but 09 will win all :)

dp624

HSC

@Close to full in 3u - you needed 83/84 to state-rank (and not all 83s state ranked either). maybe he got 82?

+ he might have discovered some more mistakes later

and we shall see @ school rankings xD

+ yes it's possible to get aligned 100 from ~98% raw I think - but by no means aim for that, it's close to impossible

dp624

HSC
We are not sure...

I know someone who came top in the state for 4 unit in 2003 but he got 99 as his alligned mark...
from 06 onwards top in state was 100 for 4u i think

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
05? didnt we not come 2nd in 05? and we did pretty well in 07 too.

but 09 will win all :)
hahhaa , i don't know the details :)

but your school and ruse have been God-like for me when I came to Aus :) LOL

Whenever I saw your people, I was like...OMG I met NSG PEOPLE or RUSE PEOPLE

not anymore though haha

my sense of respect will be back once you guys (along with ruse) start to dominate hsc again :)

xxstef

HSC
hahhaa , i don't know the details :)

but your school and ruse have been God-like for me when I came to Aus :) LOL

Whenever I saw your people, I was like...OMG I met NSG PEOPLE or RUSE PEOPLE

not anymore though haha

my sense of respect will be back once you guys (along with ruse) start to dominate hsc again :)
lol why thank you. you make us sound like celebrities haha

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
btw we are out to regain our 2nd ranking this year. 1st would be nice though (but kinda impossible :( )
lol i used to respect u guys too (still quite a bit of respect actually)

until this day when i met this really annoying stoopid girl, then saw her the next day in NSG uniform and was like, WTF how did i think that skool was good, dude they suck, theyr worse than KCAHS (ku ring gai creative arts high skool)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

until this day when i met this really annoying stoopid girl, then saw her the next day in NSG uniform and was like, WTF how did i think that skool was good, dude they suck, theyr worse than KCAHS (ku ring gai creative arts high skool)
HAHAHAHA...ye

same for me too. I met this girl from NSG and I was like, are you for real?

I lost 99% of respect of NSG...but 1% is still good enough for me to go, OMG OMG OMG OMG NSG!!! Oh wait...there goes Hornsby Girls~

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
HAHAHAHA...ye

same for me too. I met this girl from NSG and I was like, are you for real?

I lost 99% of respect of NSG...but 1% is still good enough for me to go, OMG OMG OMG OMG NSG!!! Oh wait...there goes Hornsby Girls~

hahaha gotta love similar circumstances XDD

but lol i guess i have more respect for NSG than my skool lol

and now Hornsby Girls, i liked them when this really hot hornsby girl used to get on at the station in the morning ^.^

xxstef

HSC
yea unfortuatnely theres ppl like that :( tarnish our schools rep!

^^are you saying that you respect hornsby more than us? :O

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: Highest UAI '09

i almost ended up going there when i was kicked from st ives LOL......
just cuz they dont offer ext 1 eng and ext 2 math.... doesnt make em that shit LOL xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)