• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garygaz

HSC
Hillary Clinton, GTFO

Wow, just wow.

Hillary Clinton is incredibly selfish, I mean, she is receiving information left, right and centre that she is going to lose the Democratic elections yet she fights on. She is literally fucking with the chances of the Democrats to fix America's shitty world image because of her nazi-feminist attitude. Her campaign is around $12 million in debt, time to consolidate your debt...?

Wow, she won West Virginia, like that was unexpected? Everyone knew it, it's the least culturally diverse State in the U.S.

“But here in West Virginia, you know a thing or two about rough roads to the top of the mountain. We know from the Bible that faith can move mountains and, my friends, the faith of the Mountain State has moved me. I am more determined than ever to carry on this campaign until everyone has had a chance to make their voices heard."

Ehh, looks like she's planning for the long haul.

tl;dr Hillary Clinton is going to cause Obama to lose momentum he needs for the General Election and even if a god forsaken miracle happened and she won, she wouldn't beat Huckabee.

gj America :)

HalcyonSky

HSC
Re: Hillary Clinton, GTFO

Garygaz said:
tl;dr Hillary Clinton is going to cause Obama to lose momentum he needs for the General Election and even if a god forsaken miracle happened and she won, she wouldn't beat Huckabee.

gj America :)
you do realise huckabee withdrew from the campaign months ago right? and that McCain is the unofficial winner of the republican nomination?

you have no idea what's going on, why bother formulating an opinion

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah, she's clearly planning to get out. This is saving face, strengthening her bid for another shot, and pressuring Obama to take her as VP.

It's clear that Obama wont win the working class against McCain. It's questionable whether he can win all the crucial big swing states she's won too.
Frankly, I doubt that he can beat McCain without her.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

lol the Democrats are stupid, but theyre not stupid enough to offer the nation an academic bleeding-heart norther-eastern short Irish-Catholic candidate

Muz4PM

HSC

Iron said:
Yeah, she's clearly planning to get out. This is saving face, strengthening her bid for another shot, and pressuring Obama to take her as VP.

It's clear that Obama wont win the working class against McCain. It's questionable whether he can win all the crucial big swing states she's won too.
Frankly, I doubt that he can beat McCain without her.
I agree, Obama probably cannot win without Clinton, her numbers in crucial states are too strong for her to be ignored. However, what are the odds of these two forming a ticket? Sure, it isn't unheard of two bitter enemies forming a strong ticket, like Kennedy and Johnson, but a number in the Democratic Leadership are talking down such a ticket (maybe for their own ambitions) and I am sure some of this mud throwing has left some big stains that neither of the two camps are happy about. On VP's, who will McCain pick? Crist? Romney? Huckabee? Leiberman? He probably needs someone to boost his economic and conservative credentials.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I sincerely hope it happens. I think theyll keep off the JFK-LBJ comparison (JFK was awesome, but was um assasinated, and LBJ was experienced, conservative, but um sort of had a mental breakdown during war)

spiny norman

HSC

Iron said:
II think theyll keep off the JFK-LBJ comparison (JFK was awesome, but was um assasinated, and LBJ was experienced, conservative, but um sort of had a mental breakdown during war)
Johnson was twice the president Kennedy was. Medicare, Medicaid, the Civil Rights Act - no doubt Vietnam was a giant cock-up, but don't forget that Kennedy was the one who began sending troops there. Plus Truman was behind the disaster that was Korea, yet nobody's going to declare him no good.

Clinton staying in is good. Not just because she still has a chance (albeit incredibly slight) of winning the nomination, but because it's a time for the party to unite.

Elpaulo

HSC
If: they allow Florida and Michigan, Hillary wins convincingly in at least 65% of the remaining states and if she gets at least 120 of the remaining super delegates (approximately 240 are still undecided) things could change.

I don't think Hillary is out yet, she still has a chance, though as it has been said continually in this thread before, a very slim one- but she she believes strongly in her cause and so do many Americans so she should keep going.

If Obama gets the nomination and loses against McCain there will be quiet whispers of "I told you so" rights across America lol.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Obama can't win Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Florida. Election's over.

All hail President McCain and 100 years of war.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Obama/Clinton ticket?
Fuck no!

They'll just kill off Obama, Clinton will blame it on the terr'rists. And that's her oppurtunity to wage more wars against the Middle East.

Obama/Edwards. Now that would be sweet.

Republican

HSC
N/A

Garygaz said:
Very credible.
Didn't know Huckabee was going to receive the Republican nomination instead of McCain.

You heard it here first.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
President Clinton got a million once in Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)