• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hit and run (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
spell check said:
so if you help you are not to be blamed, but if you drive on you should be blamed

now can you see why the driver hasn't come forward?
if u drive on, u have absolutley no soul watsoever.

if some1 hit some1 in ur family after they absent-mindedly walked out on the road, and the driver kept on going and didnt stop. lets say it was midnight, nobody else around, and that person in ur family died because nobody got help. say that happened, and u met the driver somehow would u say to them "i dont blame you for wat happened, i blame my mother/father/brother/sister/aunt/uncle/etc. because they walked into the road, and shouldnt have done so with no1 else around" would u place the blame entirley on ur family member?

spell check

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Why shouldn't him be blamed if he drove on and letting that poor girl dying on the street? If the girl did run out of the road all in a sudden, then of cause, it wasn't the driver's fault for hitting the gril. But leaving the scene of the accident is illegal regardless of the circumstances. Even you have a minor car crash and you drive away, it is still illegal.
but whether or not you left the scene shouldn't come into question when deciding whether or not to blame the driver for the accident

people seem to think that once the driver comes forward the girl will be saved

why would a person come forward just to be ostracised by society now that there has been so much coverage of it

0Jade0

HSC
Because that person is a cold hearted asshole that should be booted out of australia for not stopping.
and maybe we should get their family members out on the street and run them over

Scanorama

HSC
spell check said:
but whether or not you left the scene shouldn't come into question when deciding whether or not to blame the driver for the accident

people seem to think that once the driver comes forward the girl will be saved

why would a person come forward just to be ostracised by society now that there has been so much coverage of it
Noone is saying the girl will be saved if the driver comes forward. Why would the driver come forward? Well maybe if he still has a heart, he can finally gets some sleep at night.

How is it ethically correct when the driver drives off after having an accident?

spell check

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Because that person is a cold hearted asshole that should be booted out of australia for not stopping.
how would stopping have helped?

Scanorama

HSC
spell check said:
how would stopping have helped?
Calling the cops/ambo, so that the girl can receive treatment as soon as possible. He can also claim the girl down, she must had very scared and hurt after getting hit by a car. Also to show that he is a real man, not a pussy

0Jade0

HSC
Umm, by calling 000
also the girl may not have been breathing (which causes brain damage, which she has)
The driver could perform simple EAR/CPR or at least clear her airway.
Everybody should do a first aid course.

Scanorama

HSC
spell check said:
i thought there were people around?

maybe i'm wrong though
People around? What the fuck are you thinking? He is the one who caused the accient here,

spell check

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
People around? What the fuck are you thinking? He is the one who caused the accient here,
...so were there or not?

how did he cause the accident if he was just driving along like any normal person?

oh on another note, is it known that the driver was a male or are people just assuming that?

0Jade0

HSC
You have no idea if he was driving like a normal person (reports have said it was a he)

spell check

HSC
0Jade0 said:
You have no idea if he was driving like a normal person (reports have said it was a he)
for the sake of this argument it seems to be agreed that the driver had no way of avoiding the accident, was going at a reasonable speed etc

Scanorama

HSC
spell check said:
...so were there or not?

how did he cause the accident if he was just driving along like any normal person?

oh on another note, is it known that the driver was a male or are people just assuming that?
How? How do you know he was just drivling along like any normal person? Were you there? Her friends, 2 little boys (one is 10, one is 6) which I doubt know anything about first aid, let alone helping her. Maybe other shocked people too.

The Sydney Morning Herald
Hit-and-run girl fighting for life
April 6, 2005 - 1:59PM
Page Tools

* Email to a friend
* Printer format

Eight-year-old hit and run victim Georgina Woods had been playing tag on a footpath minutes before being hit by a car as she tried to cross the road, police said today.

Georgina continued to fight for life in a Sydney hospital today after suffering brain damage from head injuries, compound fractures and bleeding lungs.

She was left unable to move or speak and was still in a critical condition in Sydney Children's Hospital.

Georgina was hit on The Broadway at Punchbowl, in Sydney's south-west, about 5.50pm on Monday.

Senior Sergeant Peter Jenkins of the NSW Crash Investigations Unit said Georgina's six-year-old playmate told police she had been playing a game of tag on the footpath before trying to cross the road.

"She was playing a game on the side of the road before she tried to cross it," he said.

Georgina's friends, two boys aged six and 10, told police the dark-coloured car that hit Georgina was driven by a man.

Sgt Jenkins said inquiries were being hampered by a lack of witnesses.

"We interviewed a six-year-old boy last night and he was as helpful as a six-year-old can be," he said.
"(But) we don't have a lot to base our investigation on ... two young children are our only witnesses and there is no debris from the accident.

"These sort of cases are always difficult but when you only have one or two pieces of the puzzle it makes it even harder."

It was unlikely the driver was not aware of the accident, Sgt Jenkins said.

"Even if you did not recognise that you had hit a person you would know that you had hit something," he said.

"The car probably has some scuffing or a small dent on the panel of the driver's side.

"We ask the driver to contact us. We're not being judgmental, we are here to gather the facts.

"We want to know what happened but most importantly, we want to be able to give Georgina's family some closure."

Georgina's parents, Graham and Judieth Woods, have appealed for the driver to come forward.

Sgt Jenkins said police hoped to interview Georgina's 10-year-old friend tonight.
AAP
I think a 6-years-old and a 10-years-old can tell whether a person is man or woman.

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
For the sake of this arguement? I don't care if he was at fault. But as a person that is old enough to drive (and supposedly responsible) They should get out of the fucking car and help the little girl. WHAT? OH it is HER fault, let HER save HERSELF because i am a selfish dickhead.

spell check

HSC
i'm just arguing for the sake of it, based on what had been said so far

of course i think the driver should come forward to police, but people who think that the driver should be sent to jail for life or kicked out of the country are just stupid, or that blame should be determined by whether or not the driver stopped

accidents happen

0Jade0

HSC
yes accidents happen, but this person made a decision to leave this little girl for dead.
I say: GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY COUNTRY!!!

spell check

HSC
0Jade0 said:
yes accidents happen, but this person made a decision to leave this little girl for dead.
what if the driver wasn't a doctor?

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
0Jade0 said:
So if this is your country, why do you have American electoral junk as your av?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)