• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hit and run (1 Viewer)

0Jade0

HSC
spell check said:
what if the driver wasn't a doctor?
Is there something wrong with you? I wasn't expecting the person to perform surgery on her. First aid maybe (you see enough medical dramas to know the basics). How about comforting her? I know when I was 6 and broke my arm it wasnt the arm that hurt the most it was the shock i was in and that no one was there with me. You know how little kids get when they are lost? Imagine being hit by a car and only having 2 little kids there with you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
townie said:
if they didnt STOP and HELP, then yes i would. i cant believe people are evern SUGESTING that if u hit some1 u should drive off without giving it a second thought, it's a sad, sad country we live in if people have no problem sugesting that
People do not act rationally in such situations. They panic. If I hit someone in my car, along with the "Are they alright?" thoughts, there'd also be in the back of my head "Could I be jailed for this?", or "Will this permanently stain some kind of record?". While what the person did was from our calm view (and probably their own now) morally reprehensible, I don't think anyone here can be 100% sure that in the heat of the moment they will always make the selfless morally correct decision.

Scanorama

HSC
spell check said:
what if the driver wasn't a doctor?
2 little kids there helplessly, scared with her, fearing their friend may died. Kids can get very very scared even with little things. Getting hit by a car, thats something even we will get scared, let alone the little kids.

Isn't that just common sense, if your car hit someone, you should at least stop to see how bad the injury is?

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Gough Whitlam said:
2 little kids there helplessly, scared with her, fearing their friend may died. Kids can get very very scared even with little things. Getting hit by a car, thats something even we will get scared, let alone the little kids.

Isn't that just common sense, if your car hit someone, you should at least stop to see how bad the injury is?
Stop using such an emotive register, you sound like a fucking tabloid.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think another point 2 make is that it's pretty bad for ANYBODY to see some1 inujured/in trouble, and not help.

i'd feel just as sickened if some1 around at the time of the accident (not the driver) failed to help and offer assistance.

Scanorama

HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:
Stop using such an emotive register, you sound like a fucking tabloid.
You sound like a fucking asshole. So wouldn't you say 2 kids were helpless at that point?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:

You're six. A man hits your friend in his car. He is now an evil man. He steps out of the car.

OH MY GOD HE'S COMING TO FINISH THE REST OF US OFF!

This isn't going to help reassure the six year olds.

EDIT: Oh and you might like to work on your sentence structure.

Scanorama

HSC
withoutaface said:
You're six. A man hits your friend in his car. He is now an evil man. He steps out of the car.

OH MY GOD HE'S COMING TO FINISH THE REST OF US OFF!

This isn't going to help reassure the six year olds.
It's still better than to drive away isn't it? A 6 years old doesnt have much hatred, even the 10 years old probably doesn't have that either. Maybe they do now, after knowing the man runs away, and their friend is dying at the hospital.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
It's still better than to drive away isn't it? A 6 years old doesnt have much hatred, even the 10 years old probably doesn't have that either.
Not hatred, but as a six year old your sense of morality is that only bad people do bad things, and the fact that someone steps out of the car after doing something incredibly bad is going to create a great sense of fear, is it not?

Scanorama

HSC
withoutaface said:
Not hatred, but as a six year old your sense of morality is that only bad people do bad things, and the fact that someone steps out of the car after doing something incredibly bad is going to create a great sense of fear, is it not?
Probably not, at least the 10 years old wouldnt think so. You will be amazed of how much things a little kid can understand.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
as said by my friend today:
when you get your driver's license, you accept the responsibility of ensuring the safety of yourself AND people around you.

what would it be like if tattoodguy was hit by a car? :rolleyes:

"....................fucking people don't know how to drive.... like........if you see someone crossing the street..... even at a red light.........you'd still stop....."

so NO, you're not forced to stop, but if you had the least bit of decency, or common sense, for that matter, you would let them live.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why do you people not get that it's not a lack of courtesy in these situations, it's a lack of rational thought when your mind is overtaken by panic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)