Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Pierotte

HSC
"support" ...

Uh

Anyway here's what i don't have a problem with vs what i do

I dont have a problem with gay people. At all. They didnt choose to be gay. Why waste time thinking about it.
Its not good, its not bad.. it just is.

I DO have a problem with people who choose to be steriotypically gay
or choose to be gay as a lifestyle choice

e.g. Oh woe is me, im 15, ive never had a girlfriend, but most of my friends are girls.. i like fashion, OH OH thats it im gay! Hello! *prance prance prance cuz thats what gays do!*

or

i listen to too much placebo, i like wearing black, brian molko is, ok, yeah, ok, so am i (gay), i want to fit in and all.
Now im going to go stand in a public place, swear really loudly, mope around, then make out with my best friend of the same sex to draw attention.
Oh p.s. why dont you understand my teenage angst! im dead on the inside..

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Pierotte said:
"support" ...

Uh

Anyway here's what i don't have a problem with vs what i do

I dont have a problem with gay people. At all. They didnt choose to be gay. Why waste time thinking about it.
Its not good, its not bad.. it just is.

I DO have a problem with people who choose to be steriotypically gay
or choose to be gay as a lifestyle choice

e.g. Oh woe is me, im 15, ive never had a girlfriend, but most of my friends are girls.. i like fashion, OH OH thats it im gay! Hello! *prance prance prance cuz thats what gays do!*

or

i listen to too much placebo, i like wearing black, brian molko is, ok, yeah, ok, so am i (gay), i want to fit in and all.
Now im going to go stand in a public place, swear really loudly, mope around, then make out with my best friend of the same sex to draw attention.
Oh p.s. why dont you understand my teenage angst! im dead on the inside..
Yes, it seems like your point is comparable to if you happen to be rich, female white and living on the North Shore/Eastern Suburbs and having to go around wearing Gucci and Prada. Of course not 100% of people in these situations choose this anymore and from my understanding it depends on the individuals understanding of their own identity in the gay community as a whole as it is split up into the twinks, bears, leather daddies, drag queens, closet queens, bisexuals, chrystal queens, rent boys, gym bunnies, etc. Believe me, there is no stereotypical gay person anymore.

Analyst

HSC
NTB said:
It is not ok to judge someone on an aspect of themselves that they cannot change, religion (and in particular extreme religious views) is something that you do have a choice about changing.

For the most part, being gay is a natural thing like being straight, we see gay animals in zoo's...etc
Its not natural, its a decision on part of the individual..... imagine how you would have been here if both the parents were Gay. Natural is human, which guarantees progression. Being Gay is anti, but still if animals can, so can men.
Also my point about corruption, that was intentionally distorted by some here meant that people with twisted views (anti-social) should not be getting on the bandwagons and advertising them.
Please don't say u believe Gay poeple should be kept in Zoos.... thats so rude..

Last edited by a moderator:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Analyst said:
The first three lines of the above post are a quote.... :)
You are able to edit your own posts.

Edit: Oh, and NTB didn't say that gay people should be kept in zoos.

Last edited:

Pierotte

HSC
ihavenothing said:
course not 100% of people in these situations choose this anymore
I didnt say that, turd.

I didnt say 100% of people in those situations choose to be gay, now or ever.

I said i cant respect people in those situations.

I didnt say there were only 2 kinds of gays either

I was merely giving vague, but common examples of how SOME people DECIDE to be gay as its almost fashionable.

also i believe you are the one steriotyping:

the gay community as a whole as it is split up into the twinks, bears, leather daddies, drag queens, closet queens, bisexuals, chrystal queens, rent boys, gym bunnies, etc. Believe me, there is no stereotypical gay person anymore.

You ceased to mention the average gay guy who just walk aroung and ZOMG you cant tell hes gay just by looking at him!

comprehend?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Its not natural, its a decision on part of the individual..... imagine how you would have been here if both the parents were Gay. Natural is human, which guarantees progression. Being Gay is anti, but still if animals can, so can men.
What do you mean it's a decision? I said that animals are also found to be gay, that shows that does occur naturally, unless you believe the animals 'decide' to be gay?

Having said that, I do think there are people that choose to be 'gay' in examples such as what pierotte provided, but that doesn't mean that there is an active choice for every single person.

Natural is human, which guarantees progression.
Err what are you on about? If you're trying to say 'gays' are not natural because they aren't reproducing (evolution requirment) that is simply silly. Are the animals that are gay 'not natural' ? Is a mutation that doesn't result in increased reproductivity 'not natural' ?

Everything about our known world is natural.

Please don't say u believe Gay poeple should be kept in Zoos.... thats so rude..
Dude, wtf?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not an excuse I know, NTB, but note the time I posted my post...

So many flaws. Apologies, and disregard.

And anywho, I'm aware and acknowledge that homosexuality's a natural thing - and hence I was pointing out that it could not be a mere "decision" to be gay. Meaning I wholeheartedly agreed with you from the start.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Not an excuse I know, NTB, but note the time I posted my post...

So many flaws. Apologies, and disregard.

And anywho, I'm aware and acknowledge that homosexuality's a natural thing - and hence I was pointing out that it could not be a mere "decision" to be gay. Meaning I wholeheartedly agreed with you from the start.
I'm just being a stupid twat anyway :(

pkc

HSC
N/A
Gay old time over a little fairy bird
By ADRIAN TAME
15apr06
PHILLIP Island's iconic fairy penguins have been renamed "little penguins" in Queensland to avoid offending the gay community.
In an act of political correctness gone overboard, Sea World theme park operators on the Gold Coast changed the name of their star attraction to avoid being "offensive".

Rebecca Smith, spokeswoman for Sea World, confirmed: "We didn't want to upset the gay community.

"We didn't have any complaints about the name of the penguins, but someone thought it could be seen as offensive so we decided to change it to little penguin instead.

"The name is more politically correct. We're not treating it as a big issue."

But the name change has had the opposite effect. Queensland's gay community described it as ridiculous and unnecessary.

"If they were called poofter penguins or something more direct, it might be a problem. But I don't see the name fairy penguin as a mickey take," Kamahl Fox, chairman of gay support group Gold Coast Breakers, said.

On Phillip Island, where the colony of 60,000 penguins attracts 500,000 visitors a year, operators are quietly amused by the Queenslanders' sensitivities.

"Technically, the name little penguin is closer to their scientific title, Eudyptula (meaning "good little diver") minor, so we do call them that as well," Phillip Island Nature Park spokeswoman Sally O'Neill said.

"But it's nothing to do with the gay community.

"And the parade is still widely known as the fairy penguin parade."

Fairy penguins are found only in the southern hemisphere – particularly off Victoria, Tasmania and New Zealand. They were given the common name "fairy penguin" almost 100 years ago as the smallest of all penguin species.

Gay lobbyist Ms Fox said: "I don't think our community is sensitive about those things. Sea World deals with kids and children love fairies, so they should have left the name as it was. It's cuter."

Another gay-rights group spokesman said "fairy" had not been offensive to gay people for about 30 years. And a spokeswoman for gay and bisexual teenagers said young people grew up recognising the birds as fairy penguins.

Judith Henke, spokeswoman for Melbourne Zoo, said the zoo's fairy penguins were properly titled "little blue penguins", but she added that it hadn't "crossed anybody's mind to rename them because of the gay community".
What a classic...
:rofl:

Generator

HSC
N/A
pkc said:
What a classic...
:rofl:
crazyhomo said:
i call bullshit
Forum rules said:
(2) Members must reference any articles they post.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18823887^662,00.html

Even with the link, I still cannot help but think that someone is taking the piss.

Edit: I'm more referring to the reported reason for the change than the change itself (they are properly known as 'little blue penguins', after all).

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Those who voted 'Yes, I strongly support it' are blind selfish fools who will allow this total mess up in the world to happen right now, just because it doesn't "affect" them personally.
Well, soon there will be a growing population of homosexual partners with offical marriages who will be walking outside your house and your neighbors too. Would you dare talk to them or allow them into your homes for the day? Well, because they don't affect you at all, you would totally ignore them upfront, but you will talk about them behind their backs.
This is a total mess, why allow it for? because it doesn't affect you? well it surely affects the majority of the people in the world.
Just imagine the married couples with children and even adopted children, how messed up would their life be?

I'm totally against this 'disorder' as it frikin disturbs me and others, it's unbelievable. These homosexuals are the people with totally SHIT goals in life.
I'd protest all year against this jumble.
I don't hate the homosexual people, i just hate their ways of life. Feels like they're breaking the laws of human nature, and i totally DON'T respect their homosexual relationships.

HSC
yoakim said:
Those who voted 'Yes, I strongly support it' are blind selfish fools who will allow this total mess up in the world to happen right now, just because it doesn't "affect" them personally.
Well, soon there will be a growing population of homosexual partners with offical marriages who will be walking outside your house and your neighbors too. Would you dare talk to them or allow them into your homes for the day? Well, because they don't affect you at all, you would totally ignore them upfront, but you will talk about them behind their backs.
This is a total mess, why allow it for? because it doesn't affect you? well it surely affects the majority of the people in the world.
Just imagine the married couples with children and even adopted children, how messed up would their life be?

I'm totally against this 'disorder' as it frikin disturbs me and others, it's unbelievable. These homosexuals are the people with totally SHIT goals in life.
I don't hate the homosexual people, i just hate their ways of life. Feels like they're breaking the laws of human nature, and i totally DON'T respect their homosexual relationships.
To be blunt for one moment, you're fucked, fuck off.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
To be blunt for one moment, you're fucked, fuck off.
ok then, you tell us why you would allow homosexuality in society

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
yoakim said:

You are seriously fucked to think that homosexuality is:
-a disease
-a growing trend (the more tolerant attitudes today provide more people to be out)
-all have the same culture and way of life
-against human nature (If it has been happening ever since the dawn of man and in other animals, why has it been treated like a disease? Religion, mostly.)
-going to ruin ALL children of gay and lesbian parents. (It wouldn't matter if my parents didn't accept me for being gay, I would never be able to change my sexual preference and if I pretended to I would deeply regret it.)
-full of people who have SHIT goals in life. (I still have career, marriage and possibly even children plans for the future, is that any different from your own?)

If you are seriously considering on having a reasonable debate on homosexuality it would help if you would understand the discrimination and prejudice we go through in many aspects of our daily lives and how hard we have to fight for equal rights in society. It also seems that you are too insular to know or care anything about homosexuality given your baseless and uneducated quips calling it a disease and so forth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)