Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
PaleReflection said:
hahahahahaha.

i agree with waf, even though his avatar scares me.
i agree. with the avatar thing too

waf, people are going to start to think that your ideas belong to quah himself. you want him to take your credit?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
neo o said:
For the same reason why condoms are such a big deal - self denial.

btw

HEY THERE IS STILL MEAT ON THAT BONE!

PUT IT IN A POT, ADD SOME BROTH, A POTATO

BABY YOU GOT A STEW GOING!
i just blue myself

Analyst

HSC
Gay people have a right to be alive and chose whatever they want to do, as long as they do not corrupt the society around them. I think there should be a popular vote for/against gay rights in Australia. Simple enuff?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It means that people in positions of power will abuse their positions more frequently because gay people exist.

"Oh look, there's two guys holding hands in the street. I think I'll take this bribe after all!"

Mr Lovepony

HSC
Support homosexuality? I would support asexuality if I could because if everyone were asexual, it would save the world a whole fucking lot of trouble by making the human race slowly die out.

Other than that, it's not as if gays will cease to exist just because it becomes "unacceptable" or illegal. 17th Century England saw underground gay culture flourish even though "sodomy" was illegal. There will still be as many homosexuals around, just less coming out or/ and more in denial. I don't think that it would be a good idea to shun homosexuals in Australia because that will also mean sweeping important issues such as HIV/AIDS under the carpet.

As for the Paedophile thing, what are your thoughts on the connection between paedophilia and the Christian church that we've been hearing of within the past few years? Why are they (the victims) mostly boys?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
It'd probably be your first hug in life
Umm wtf?

Considering your attitude to everything you are more likely never to have hugged anyone as it might corrupt your manliness.

Popular vote? Wtf? Why should the rights of one group be determined by the others. Teenagers would be pissed and rightly so if they were made the property of their parents till they turned 18, even if there was a popular vote to support it.

Analyst

HSC
anyone decides to be Gay.... I am not even allowed to judge them... its their decision to choose and my right to judge.... follows from the Muslim people in Aus thread.....

davin

HSC
N/A
Analyst said:
anyone decides to be Gay.... I am not even allowed to judge them... its their decision to choose and my right to judge.... follows from the Muslim people in Aus thread.....
oh, you can judge them. we can just point out that that shows you to be hatful to people that aren't directly effecting you but just are trying to live their lives as feels right to them.

Vahl

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
We should have a popular vote to ban teenagers from being stupid. Then maybe I could go to various public places without having to put up with their presence.
*Concurs*

Instead of banning overt homosexuality: lets ban stupidity... oh and mediocracy - good bye Australian Idol :) :) :) :) :) :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Analyst said:
why would someone choose to

become part of a small minority
to be judged in a superficial, skin deep way
to be associated with a stereotype
to risk the abandonment of both your family and friends
to put yourself in risk of getting bashed, raped, abused etc

???????????????

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
why would someone choose to

???????????????
I never understood Scientology either.

Maybe they do it because they're attracted to people of the same/not opposite sex?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I never understood Scientology either.
lol

good call

that scientology comment gave me a whole new spin of what i just asked in my post!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
To be popular / youneek.

Everyone loves being judged in a superficial, skin deep way, if it's positive.

Some stereotypes are positive, like 'playful drunk'.

True, no one wants that, but it's not really a certain thing.

Again, no one wants it.

I dunno what this post was in response to, probably something silly like 'all gays are just liars', I disagree with that. But I do think there are people out there who say they're gay/bi/black/white/japanese/irish/whatever to become more popular and have whatever 'positive' aspects of that stereotype exist be attached to them.

Of course tho, with stuff like that, really how big a difference is there between pretending or wanting to be gay and actually being gay?

edit: Oh wait I found it, what a gem

If you go back and read what I wrote, I was pointing out how there's a difference between judging someone on their sex/race and judging someone on their religion. Let me expand on this so you understand a bit better: It's ok to judge people, based on their beliefs, especially if it effects you. It is not ok to judge someone on an aspect of themselves that they cannot change, religion (and in particular extreme religious views) is something that you do have a choice about changing.

For the most part, being gay is a natural thing like being straight, we see gay animals in zoo's...etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)