Homosexuality in Australia (16 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
supercalamari said:
Of all people to call a homophobe, katie tully is probably not one of them...
;)

This is correct. I'm not homophobic, but it was a pretty shit question asking where we'd be if we didn't have gay culture.
IDK WE'D STILL BE SWINGING FROM VINEZ! THX GAY GUYS!~

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Tolerate them.
Give them equal rights and shit; let them join the army, so long as they don't assfuck anyone.
Give them a San Fran., and that's all.
DownInFlames said:
They probably don't last for long, aye.
It's the HIV-AIDS.
supercalamari said:
They get hung like common criminals don't they?
Depends on crime.
gobaby said:
What are your views on homosexuality? Marriage?
Meh.
No marriage, as it's between man and woman. Civil partnership and a ... a pink triangle for each and all? :p

lama33

chyeah baby
HSC
why waste your time been homophobic
homosexuals arnt goin to kill the world
homosexual marriages arnt goin to hurt you
so why bother making a scene about it

theres nothin wrong with it
and thats that
love is love
nomatter wat sex you are

use your time to worry about more important things in life that might actually hurt you, homosexuals wont.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
Tolerate them.
Give them equal rights and shit; let them join the army, so long as they don't assfuck anyone.
Don't worry honey, assfucking men isn't really that high on my to-do list.

HSC
Marriage as a religious institution should in no way allow homosexual marriage. And because religions are not affiliated with the state they should not be forced to do so.

However, in our current day and age marriage for many is not a religious institution. So if the marriage is secular and before the state, the state due to the concept of the rule of law should allow it.

Therefore marriage as a legal institution should include homosexual marriage whilst religious institutions should remain closed.

pinkyforce7

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Marriage as a religious institution should in no way allow homosexual marriage. And because religions are not affiliated with the state they should not be forced to do so.

However, in our current day and age marriage for many is not a religious institution. So if the marriage is secular and before the state, the state due to the concept of the rule of law should allow it.

Therefore marriage as a legal institution should include homosexual marriage whilst religious institutions should remain closed.
agreed. i think that just because homosexuals want to be married that it should at all affect the age old tradition of marriage between a man and WOMAN and the sacred religious aspect of that. however on a legal level, yeah sure let them share a last name and their capital.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
If religions want to stick their heads into politics, tax the bloody churches.

And marriage... originally between a man and a woman chosen for him by his parents/a woman of lower class/a woman with financial assets/his cousin/a woman chosen for him by the authorities/whoever he can afford the dowry of... yes... wonderful age old traditions.

i dare anyone to justify why a drunken couple who get hitched in las vegas should have more rights to each others properties, tax and other spouse benefits then a devoted gay couple of 20 years.

and i have no interest in religious marriage, if the church doesn't want to respect my relationships, it disappoints me but fine. each to their own.

taykid

HSC
the poster should edit the poll:

2. 'Homosexuality, whilst being a seeminly abnormal behaviour, is an aspect of free society that we will have to learn to put up with. Homosexual marriage should be legal for the purposes of equality. I am not a theist.'

... 'Put up with' is really quite derogatory terminology. You 'put up with' children breaking their toys. You 'put up with' people who speak excessively loud on public transport. You 'put up with' drivers who drive 10km/h under the speed limit. I'm glad that you do recognize that it should be legal and that homosexuals do have a right to equality though. :)

The private and personal relationship of two people, completely separate from you and your own persona life, should not be something to 'put up with'.
Perhaps it's due to my own bias, friendships and association with the GLBT community, but I believe that homosexuality as a whole is totally oversexualised both within the media and within the heterosexual community itself. We do not focus on heterosexuals by what they do in their bedroom, what positions they fuck in or anything along those lines. It is an attraction, and a relationship and whatever goes on behind closed doors is quite frankly none of anyone elses concern.

Then again there will always be bigots, racists and those who simply are ignorant and need to defend what they see as societies morals and their own masculinity.

Live and let live. Simple.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
... 'Put up with' is really quite derogatory terminology. You 'put up with' children breaking their toys. You 'put up with' people who speak excessively loud on public transport. You 'put up with' drivers who drive 10km/h under the speed limit. I'm glad that you do recognize that it should be legal and that homosexuals do have a right to equality though. :)

The private and personal relationship of two people, completely separate from you and your own persona life, should not be something to 'put up with'.
Perhaps it's due to my own bias, friendships and association with the GLBT community, but I believe that homosexuality as a whole is totally oversexualised both within the media and within the heterosexual community itself. We do not focus on heterosexuals by what they do in their bedroom, what positions they fuck in or anything along those lines. It is an attraction, and a relationship and whatever goes on behind closed doors is quite frankly none of anyone elses concern.

Then again there will always be bigots, racists and those who simply are ignorant and need to defend what they see as societies morals and their own masculinity.

Live and let live. Simple.
sup dyke

boris

Banned
HSC
would anyone object to me carrying out a terrorist attack on the mardi gras? cos like the gays are bad.

but seriously i just dont like gays

Russdog

russell
HSC
a fool would call me homophobic.

i have no 'phobia' of homosexuals.

i just would prefer not to spend time with them, and i generally think they're wasting their time on this planet.

like, it's seriously as if they think the world is all about sexuality. like, every discussion they start has some sort of relation to their homosexuality, and what straight people think about that particular point, regarding their homoness. they only talk about themselves, but 99% of the time they're whinging, not talking, and expect other people to actually give a shit about them. while the rest of the world is making an effort to clear the atmosphere of confusion and be happy and make progress in life, they're filling it with their fucked up mindstates and scenarios of man to man sex. i really despise people who act like this. i feel no sympathy whatsoever, and make it clear that my intention is to not listen to them or allow them to continue speaking if they start to talk about gay shit.

i know a lot of them too.

like seriously, if you're gay, and you honestly believe that a straight person, who is making an effort in a cruel world to live life to the fullest, should feel any sympathy whatsoever for your own problems, you're wrong. you're more than just a faggot. you're a male, a man. you deserve what you get for the hate crimes you commit daily against humanity. if you think that's harsh, think about how straight people feel for once, instead of your own small penis/world.

edit: having said that, i obviously don't condone violence against anyone, gay or whatever. and i have no problem with people who're gay, unless they start talking about homosexuality.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)