Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters
X

xeuyrawp

I think it's an interesting, albeit technically irrelevant, point to look into. It's hardly a peer reviewed journal but it's a start.
eheh... I know it sounds lame, but I haven't heard of it. I'm not an expert on that historical period, but it sounds very dubious...

The reference to 'if not earlier' also really rings alarm bells. If you've ever met someone skilled in palaeography, heard them talk, or read what they say, you'd know exactly what I mean. These types of things can almost always be dated to <100 years of relative dating.

Lastly, from my very limited understanding of the Classical world and how it worked at that time (4th Centuray AD), I don't think homosexual marriage really existed. As far as I know, marriage in this period was essentially a man and a woman consenting to marriage (well, at least the man consenting:p).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i'LL BE HONEST. Wow caps.

Gay people are a novelty to me. At school we had a kid turn out to be gay, but he didn't come out till uni, but we all had our suspicions. They're such a novelty infact, that if I were to become friends with one irl I would hug them and cherish them and demand Queer as Folk marathons, because Brian Kinney is HOT.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
clapclapclap awhawhawhawhawh clapclapclap bring on the homosexuals! stuffs face with cake hawhawhawhhawhaw!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
eheh... I know it sounds lame, but I haven't heard of it. I'm not an expert on that historical period, but it sounds very dubious...

The reference to 'if not earlier' also really rings alarm bells. If you've ever met someone skilled in palaeography, heard them talk, or read what they say, you'd know exactly what I mean. These types of things can almost always be dated to <100 years of relative dating.

Lastly, from my very limited understanding of the Classical world and how it worked at that time (4th Centuray AD), I don't think homosexual marriage really existed. As far as I know, marriage in this period was essentially a man and a woman consenting to marriage (well, at least the man consenting:p).
I see I have let you off the leash again, leggyblonde69!

I think the issue is that its a layman interpreting a scholar, in this case the interesting thing to look up would be the John Boswell piece this person is referring to so as to see whether it's Dan Brown scholarly or the genuine article. I wouldn't be surprised, personally, if the early Church had an entirely different set of requisites than many modern conservative Christians expect as we've always known that the whole 'marriage has always been this way' argument is a load of bull.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
homosexual people are the coolest people every.
befriend one and you get a proper insight on both genders.
awesome stuff.
Every one needs a homosexual friend.

and yes
i am very PRO homo

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I don't understand the poll options...
I don't 'support' it, just like I don't 'support' heterosexuality. Whatever you are you are that's all there is to it.

HSC
i'LL BE HONEST. Wow caps.

Gay people are a novelty to me. At school we had a kid turn out to be gay, but he didn't come out till uni, but we all had our suspicions. They're such a novelty infact, that if I were to become friends with one irl I would hug them and cherish them and demand Queer as Folk marathons, because Brian Kinney is HOT.
Everybody needs a token gay friend. They're like a friendly dog to keep around the house.

I find it strange that straight people would watch QAF :confused:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
awesome stuff.

and yes
i am very PRO homo
They have some witty come backs

"Haha your queer"
"Your dad didnt mind last night."

That was at maccas and that was a win.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
awesome stuff.

and yes
i am very PRO homo
Um.

Wut?

I mean, thanks and all, but wut?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Why is this even a fucking issue anymore?

It's double lol that most of the gay people I know are right wing, too.
It's not the same issue it used to be, really, unless you're an idiot, overly religious or rural.

I think it's more worthwhile for us to do something about the issues that crop up for trans persons, especially since most gays, bis and lesbians run in fear from them (lol hypocritical bigotry). The serial rape, assault and prostitution of trans persons is a rather shocking thing which no one talks about, like ever. There are huge issues too with the politics of the APA, where the policy of how to treat trans patients changes all too often; in the US for example it's now recommended policy to 'normalise' trans patients which in the past has resulted in depression and so forth.

As for the right wing thing, it's all about who you hang out with. I don't personally know a single right wing gay guy. *shrug*

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hahaha is Schroe trying to redefine the whole economic/social left/right paradox?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I have no idea what you just said. But I'll pretend you said what I wanted you to say and respond as such:
Don't worry, I agree with you. It's fucked up if you like economic freedom you're right wing, but if you like social freedom you're left wing. IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO LIKE OR LOATHE FREEDOM EVERYWHERE?!

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
economic freedom and social freedom dont go together or someshit idk

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
seriously people, age(over18's, not pedo's) sex or race, really should it matter? just allow people to be with the person that makes them happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)