• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Lentern

HSC
Has anyone noticed that most protestants, not just Lutherans believe that all we need is faith and we shall be forgiven, why do we believe this, cos its written in the bible! OK, well not in so many words but it never says anything at all about giving the church money!
Probably never said to invade Iraq but protestants deemed that the right thing to do.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Pfft, most athiests couldn't count past ten with their shoes on. Annoying? yes, rivals? no. Agnostics are a bit more of a problem, they're generally clever.
What about people like me, who are both atheist and agnostic?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I would call you confused.
Why? Being both is perfectly sensible. While I accept there is a possibility of the existence of a god (agnosticism), I also believe that possibility is remote and that we'll probably never know either way, and thus I actively do not believe in the existence of such a god/gods as I actively do not believe in the tooth fairy (atheism).

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Agnosticism = Not knowing whether god exists

Atheism = Not believing god exists.

makes perfect sense.

Lentern

HSC
Because I am speaking tongue in cheek. Some of the most brilliant, intelligent, genial people I know will have nothing to do with religion. Either way though call me a zealot but I would consider you an agnostic, full stop read about in the papers.

Lentern

HSC
I am a protestant... I also believe that you are saved by grace and not works. I will reccomend a good book for every catholic and protestant to read, nothing in my hand i bring by Ray galea, it is a good book about understanding the differences between roman catholic and protestant beliefs.
I mean this honestly and genuinely. I need to believe that works mean something. Perhaps I believe what I want to believe but I take enormous comfort in the idea that trying to do good is what is asked of us. If indeed God condemns millions to eternal suffering for having sceptical minds then frankly I want nothing to do with him. I'd Rather suffer with the sinners.

Lentern

HSC
but even when you believe in salvation by grace, good works still are to be done, because you love jesus and you want to serve him and gloryify him with your life, you do them because you are in a relationship with God.

The millions of people that will go to hell, are going to hell because they sinned, it is their fault not Gods
In sinning you mean they acted in a way contrary to a very specific interpretation of some very ambiguous instructions from sources of dubious origin? Were it more plain and clear I might be so sympathetic but when it is so nigh impossible to understand what God wants I might indulge the notion of hell a little more. But it is not, therefore I will not.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
but even when you believe in salvation by grace, good works still are to be done, because you love jesus and you want to serve him and gloryify him with your life, you do them because you are in a relationship with God.

The millions of people that will go to hell, are going to hell because they sinned, it is their fault not Gods
God makes us flawed and loves these flaws, however he does not love us unconditionally so as to accept our flaws? Instead he allows those who are flawed to experience eternal pain and suffering?

Further, good things we do are to God's credit but bad things are our fault? If someone is incapable of 'good' then they are unable to access God's services but also if they are made that way then God designed them for hell?

Meh, this is the Wrong thread. We condemn fags here, go to the thread for condemning theists for your feelings about grace.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Everybody who disagrees with me on this topic is automatically a sped and on ignore.

I WIN THE THREAD.

(except Iron :shy: )

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
This series of events on FB made me cry and weep for todays youth.

re: Carlos Moreno and Prop 8

Spastic 1 at 6:03pm May 28
You know, it was voted on. Seven million people seem to agree with him. Just sayin'..

Spastic 2 at 7:05pm May 28
well if it's a civil subject then it should be decided by the society in which it's being argued and if the majority of the population voted with carlos moreno then the rest have to quit their bitching and live somewhere where gays are accepted

Spastic 1 at 8:57pm May 28
Marriage is not a civil right. It's a tradition. Like trick or treating on Halloween isn't a civil right, just a tradition.

Spastic 1 at 4:35pm May 29
Marriage is a Christian tradition for a man and a woman. Why gay people would want to enter into these Christian unions is beyond me. Civil unions =/= marriage. And I am not a small measure of food.

Spastic 2 at 5:12pm May 29
marriage predates Christianity, which predates the form of civil rights which are active today. You stating marriage is a civil right is just ridiculous. How can it be a civil right if it predates Christianity which predates the law and civil rights today. Too bad you gays were second to Christianity... All i can say is better luck next time ahahahaha

Lentern

HSC
I met a non christian today that believed Trotsky was a great man. Therefore all non christians are communists.

Lentern

HSC
Communists > Christians imo

Although it's really hard to compare equal levels of epic shitness.
If they were on an equal level of shitness then I believe you would have meant to write Communist=Christians or atleast you would have if you were clever like me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)