Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The definition of marriage is still between a man and a woman. That definition has been shown to be incorrect in how many states and countries now? I think it's about time the definition is changed as well.

Tangent

HSC
It is a union that is not life giving. In all that we do in life, we should always be asking ourselves whether it is life giving. The way that homosexual marriage threatens to undermine the unique institution of marriage as the building block of society is also highly alarming. Heterosexual marriage is not just one relationship relative to any other - it is the highest form of relationship between humans on earth. Homosexuality is clearly destructive to the whole human race, to the notion of obligation to eachother, to life itself.
Why couldnt u just say homosexuality demeans marriage? Don't worry, the government has a thing called civil union, because same-sex couples aren't worthy of being married to each other.

I dont see why this is destructive at all. Heterosexual couples will still marry, and have kids. If anything, society's view on homosexuality is destructive, its ridiculous how many people die just because they are homosexual each year. THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BUT LIVE. To a lesser extent, what about all the people living? Do you know what kind of effect something like your post have on them?

:love: I wonder if these two are homosexual or heterosexual. Does it matter? Obviously to some.

P.s. Every human has the potential to give life.

fixing

HSC
Homosexual activity repulses me. But as long as they don't make out, blow each other or sodomize each other in front of me I couldn't care less what those faggots do.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lentern, unlike me you are clearly devoid of any substance or sizzle. Understand this please and resume your seat in the back pews quietly and obediently

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I dont see why this is destructive at all. Heterosexual couples will still marry, and have kids. If anything, society's view on homosexuality is destructive, its ridiculous how many people die just because they are homosexual each year. THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BUT LIVE. To a lesser extent, what about all the people living? Do you know what kind of effect something like your post have on them?

P.s. Every human has the potential to give life.
yes heterosexual couples will still marry, but societies view of marriage will change. I have nothing against homosexuals as people, you are making out as if we are saying that homosexuals are some kind of lower class.

this is the way i think of homosexuality as a sin:
-God made marriage between a man and a women (in God's view this has not changed, God does not change)
-It is a sin for a person to lust after someone they are not married to.
-It is just as sinful for me to lust after a man i am not married to as it is for a male to lust after another male or a female to lust after another female, because they are not married and can not be married.

chuboy

HSC
I'm still wondering why people refer to God as their objective reasoning for the existence or non-existence of anything.

What happens if, hypothetically, God isn't real? How does that change your opinion? Suddenly marriage doesn't have to be the silly sacred ritual between a man and virgin woman, and can actually take place between people who love each other.

And to be quite frank, I'm equally repulsed by both straight and gay couples publicly displaying affection.

@fixing: I'm interested to know of a situation where you can actually imagine yourself in eyeshot of a gay couple having sex. Would you be as repulsed if it were two young, voluptuous women fingering each other and making out?

Tangent

HSC
yes heterosexual couples will still marry, but societies view of marriage will change. I have nothing against homosexuals as people, you are making out as if we are saying that homosexuals are some kind of lower class.

-God made marriage between a man and a women (in God's view this has not changed, God does not change)
-It is just as sinful for me to lust after a man i am not married to as it is for a male to lust after another male or a female to lust after another female, because they are not married and can not be married.
How will society's view of marriage change?? I dont know what your view of marriage is, but i thought the concept of marriage is the union of two people who love each other.

God did not make marriage, as has been stated previously in this thread. The world is not 6000 years old.
If you are religious, then marriage has something to do with god, if not then marriage has nothing to do with god.

Everyone has sinned, yet everyone can be forgiven, can they not?

I laugh if you think that your last point is valid. It is a sin to lust after someone you arent married to. How many people still abide by that? And even if they do abide by that, its "'til divorce do us apart"

You are clutching at straws to justify yourself

CecilyMare

HSC
Homosexual activity repulses me. But as long as they don't make out, blow each other or sodomize each other in front of me I couldn't care less what those faggots do.

God I can't believe 1/4 of us are homophobic. Get with the times, man. Homosexuality is genetic, not a choice between cake or icecream.

And I'm sure you would find a straight couple in their 90's, with those heavily dotted and freckled faces and saggy pieces of skin drooping all around their body, making out in front of you repulsive too.

Lentern

HSC

Iron may be too far gone but there may be hope for you. Being a catholic or whatever you are does not mean the complete abandonment of logic in every aspect of your thought process. What you have said no matter how you may break it down means that there are pleasures which God believes should be reserved for only heterosexuals. It is blatant bigotry whether or not it is accompanied by malice and it makes you yourself a questionable figure if you devote yourself to and love a figure that is so bigoted and unfair.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron may be too far gone but there may be hope for you. Being a catholic or whatever you are does not mean the complete abandonment of logic in every aspect of your thought process. What you have said no matter how you may break it down means that there are pleasures which God believes should be reserved for only heterosexuals. It is blatant bigotry whether or not it is accompanied by malice and it makes you yourself a questionable figure if you devote yourself to and love a figure that is so bigoted and unfair.
Ok Lentern, show us where the Vatican agrees with you m8. What's that? You cant? How logical!

Lentern

HSC
Ok Lentern, show us where the Vatican agrees with you m8. What's that? You cant? How logical!
You surely aren't implying the vatican operates under a logical basis are you?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What are you even talking about. We're all about the marriage of faith and reason. In what way do we not follow "logic"?

+dickhead

Lentern

HSC
What are you even talking about. We're all about the marriage of faith and reason. In what way do we not follow "logic"?

+dickhead
I gave you my to do list for the catholic church several months ago. Those can be considered steps towards logic. You called them heresy most foul.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Homosexual marriage, accepting contraception and lol abolishing bishop/clergy 'garments' has nothing to do with "logic".
Wtf is even wrong with you?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
yes heterosexual couples will still marry, but societies view of marriage will change.
Following legalisation of gay marriage in Holland, societies view of marriage has not changed. Rates of divorce etc. remained constant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_the_Netherlands

Principles outlined in the old testament have changed and been abolished. Many aspects of gods nature, when contrasted between the old and new testaments, did change.

There is no reason not to change on this principle. Jesus mentioned nothing of homosexuality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)