Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
This thread is a disgusting lovey dovey hug box for young queers.

We need more rampant homophobia to balance things out.

Lentern

HSC
...or closeted homosexuals consumed with self-loath.
That wouldn't explain how you could think sexuality is a choice. A bi sexual who just tries to suppress the same sex attraction would be able to understand how someone could think of sexuality as a choice.

HSC
Haha Counsellor! No way, I'm definitely an optimist.. :drink: and making that long post was to sum everything up, and trying to tell the heterosexual peoples to get out of the f*ck out of the way..
Even though I liked your post, I disagree with this sentiment. If people aren't intolerant, why should they? Many straight people don't feel anti-gay, and shouldn't be all lumped in with those who do, just as gay guys don't deserve to all be lumped in as wearing tight pants and makeup, or gay girls as having short hair and dressing like men.

Rob Thomas: The Big Gay Chip on My Shoulder

Andrew Norton � Blog Archive � Canberra’s gay-only civil union ceremonies

Students for gay rights... | Facebook

Legalize Same-Sex Marriage | Facebook

The word "gay" is not a synonym for "stupid". | Facebook

The Pope should apologise for his anti-gay remarks | Facebook

Lets start with just 1,000 people to support Gay Marriage in Australia. | Facebook

Last edited:

Tangent

HSC
tl;dr
seek professional help, btw. anyone who pours their heart out into a post that long needs teh halp. :tree:
umm, loving telling you this, but this how most of use feel, and i think it is great he can express his feelings like that in a post, whereas he cant do that irl.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Where all the clever homos at? Slivey? Slidey? Dom? Nolan? Even Lentern?
want to break some worthy noses

meeatu

HSC
Mr Iron. I have to say, (and I assure you, this is not intended to be derogatory in any way) I envy you.

You have to understand, it is difficult for a rational, scientific thinker like me to say this, as even admitting it goes against my nature, and you must also understand that envying you DOES NOT mean that I accept your views, or your god, but it has to be said; you hold fast to your beliefs and are willing to defend them staunchly, despite having absolutely no evidence to suggest their validity and for that, I respect you - No... respect is not the right word... It's narrow-minded, foolish and childish, so no, I don't respect it, but I envy it. I am very jealous of your ability to simply accept that the world opperates in a set way, told to you by the bible, and to not feel even the tiniest desire to expand your view of it. I imagine it makes life so much simpler. I truely am envious.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You havent read me carefully enough bc you dont see how my critique is based on natural law, rather than some irrational reading of the bible that has no basis in reality.

Lentern

HSC
Where all the clever homos at? Slivey? Slidey? Dom? Nolan? Even Lentern?
want to break some worthy noses
You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

X

xeuyrawp

That nobody addressed this point from a homosexual person..
Actually I'm pretty sure that about twenty non-heterosexual people (including me) have posted in this thread.

You're not the only gay on the internet.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Haha Counsellor! No way, I'm definitely an optimist.. :drink: and making that long post was to sum everything up, and trying to tell the heterosexual peoples to get out of the f*ck out of the way..

I'm pretty sure I'm not emo, and I don't cut myself :) I might sound like it though!

I'm proud of being gay! I'm proud of everything I done, and I don't give a sh*t about what others think.. though I think that sometimes it's good to just look back, think, and type on boredofstudies when I'm supposed to be doing my assignments..
Someone who is gay and not shit please explain to me why being homosexual is something to be proud of. It's a sexual orientation. I'm not proud of being heterosexual, I don't give a shit.

Like it just seems to me that it's not exactly something to be proud of? I'm not saying you should be ashamed, or that you should hide it, but the one thing that always pisses me off about the queer collective at uni is that they think that everyone who is gay should wear this big flashing neon light and be like 'HEY IM GAY OK AND I;M PROUD AND U SHOULD BE PROUD OF ME TOO'.

I'm not proud of you, I don't give a flying fuck to be honest.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
After reading the first 10 or so pages of this forum; I'd realised one thing! That nobody addressed this point from a homosexual person..

So Here I am; A HOMOSEXUAL PERSON TALKING FROM MY POINT OF VIEW

I wasn't born gay, and I am sure of it. I was born straight, because I had 'a wood' while looking at females before I turned gay (Around 12). I don't know how, but my interests deterred to men (14 now), and I think I've started to realise my sexuality.

As much as other people say, I don't really 'choose' to be gay. I can't stop myself getting a 'boner' and thinking about having sex with men. Frankly, I just find women repugnant, and I can't bear to look at them, especially looking at their 'VJs" eeks me out (MY PERSONAL VIEW).

Being gay isn't really I guess a 'proud' thing. Everyone else in society views us as ugly, different from what they are. And they don't realise that like them, we hurt as well. It hurts when someone doesn't like you, because they find you disgusting, and want to avoid you. It hurts when someone says you're a 'wierdo' and doesn't want to accept you into their group. We scream out 'gay pride' because we do not want to be weak in the eyes of others. Even though we're the minority, we don't want to be backed down. Heterosexual people don't need to scream out 'straight pride' because there's no need for them to, because they're stronger.

If you guys don't understand this, I'll give an example! For example there's two children. One gets the significantly smaller share. The one with the more share does not need to fight because there is NO NEED TO.

Relating to statistics is a stupid thing to do, in my opinion. Following statistics is an example of following a bigger crowd isn't it? It's supporting the person with the bigger share, because he has the bigger share, because it's logically better. I guess Us Homosexuals just can't steal with the smaller share, so we stand up for ourselves?

Is it wrong?

Why won't you peoples understand? And just accept us?

Do we have to be exterminated? And be rid of? So that you guys can leave onto your lives as if a problem has been resolved? So that you can have a full share?

So that you'll feel like you're actually BETTER and MORE SUPREME because you're the one with the BIGGER SHARE?

Is your greed/ambitions not enough? Do you really have to take EVERYTHING?

I guess I don't want to be gay; because I want to be better too, I want to take things easier, and be happier. But I can't change, because I'm stuck with the smaller share. That's why I'd say I want to be gay, so that at least I wouldn't seem weak to others. I'd have to accept with the smaller share, because I HAVE to. So at least I'd try to be positive about it.

On the idea of God, It's really hard to debate it, because it really isn't a point in the first place. Because nobody can prove it's 'really' there, so you can't really prove that it's 'not' there. Though I've gotta say, I'd have to take a side, so I don't believe in God.

Yet at the same time, I wish there was a God, someone pulling the strings, and let me have the life I have. Without the grief, pain, worries, maybe I can look up and have what I want, and be happy. But I'm stuck down here, and I'd like to smile. For myself. I guess I'm a selfish person as well..

I haven't told my parents (the people I look up to) that I'm gay; I have doubts in my head, etc.

Will they hurt me? Exclude me? Not LOVE me?

People say we're beings of Satan.. In a way this sense of sadness really makes me believe I am. I'd always be in the group that God/Other people classify as evil. Other people would always believe We're "Satans" because they themselves believe they are the "Gods"; because they have the bigger share, because they know THEMSELVES that they are THAT GOOD. At least that's how I feel they see us.

I can't really support any of my arguments, because that's how I view things. I know only how myself works. I can't read minds, and understand how others see things. I can't really put others as OTHERS, but only as people who I view.

I guess, in a way, it's natural to be selfish as well. Because we only know ourselves..

It's ironic I'm here justifying this point.. Because I'm telling my opinions; I say I'm not trying to bend others to my will, but I KNOW I am. Because I'm trying to make you guys accept who I am, and understand me, to support me. So that I, myself, will live happily ever after, with the love and things that I want.. Selfish, huh?

Sometimes I'd look into the mirror and look at the disgusting person I am, and smile, because sometimes I guess, maybe being just 'happy' would be so much easier than this..

Sometimes I guess I grow envious of the things around me; everyone seems to have it so easily from me, sometimes I wish I could just let go..But I get scared as well..

'God', I'm such a hypocrite...

I just wished someone will be up there, whether it is a 'real' thing a not, a 'God' in a sense would just control me, and let me rest.. I'd wish that there was a someone up there..

Anyways, just what I wanted to say :drink:
I can't believe I missed this post. There are so many things I want to address in that post but at the same time I'm like fuuuuuuu why did I read it.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Someone who is gay and not shit please explain to me why being homosexual is something to be proud of. It's a sexual orientation. I'm not proud of being heterosexual, I don't give a shit.

Like it just seems to me that it's not exactly something to be proud of? I'm not saying you should be ashamed, or that you should hide it, but the one thing that always pisses me off about the queer collective at uni is that they think that everyone who is gay should wear this big flashing neon light and be like 'HEY IM GAY OK AND I;M PROUD AND U SHOULD BE PROUD OF ME TOO'.

I'm not proud of you, I don't give a flying fuck to be honest.
Isn't the opposite of being ashamed is being proud? Being proud is like having a feeling of self respect is it not?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Isn't the opposite of being ashamed is being proud? Being proud is like having a feeling of self respect is it not?
Hey no sort of.

When I think of proud I think of things like;
Wow I achieved a high mark or did something good or whatever

When I think of it in conjunction with sexual orientation, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think of it with the same example I just gave. The queer collective at uni is always badgering everyone, gay and straight, to hold a flame for those who are gay as though just being gay is like being Martin Lurther King or something.

So say you're a gay rights campaigner for marriage or whatever. If you're proud of being a civil rights campaigner that makes sense to me. But telling everyone you're heaps proud to be gay just doesn't make sense to me.

But I was asking for someone not shit to answer me, so Rob or Tim or Townie, this is your cue. Am I out of line here or is it just a really foreign concept.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Hey no sort of.

When I think of it in conjunction with sexual orientation, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think of it with the same example I just gave. The queer collective at uni is always badgering everyone, gay and straight, to hold a flame for those who are gay as though just being gay is like being Martin Lurther King or something.

So say you're a gay rights campaigner for marriage or whatever. If you're proud of being a civil rights campaigner that makes sense to me. But telling everyone you're heaps proud to be gay just doesn't make sense to me.

But I was asking for someone not shit to answer me, so Rob or Tim or Townie, this is your cue. Am I out of line here or is it just a really foreign concept.
I know what you mean, lols. With your example (being proud of being straight); being straight is a norm, I guess, so people wouldn't be proud or ashamed. But being gay is, like being part of a minority? I can't explain. It's like, if everyone had a high mark, then noone would be proud right? But if you are one of the few who had a high mark, say the 10% (much like the 10% of the population who are gay) then it's something you should be proud of? Is that right?

Lentern

HSC
Hey no sort of.

Whats your take on patriotism/nationalism then? Being born somewhere isn't really something you earn or achieve its sheer dumb luck.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Whats your take on patriotism/nationalism then? Being born somewhere isn't really something you earn or achieve its sheer dumb luck.
I think it's dumb as shit as well.

"Oh wow I'm proud to be an Aussie lolz g'day mate". I'm not ashamed to be an Australian, but it's not really an achievement, is it?

Who gives a shit.

Lentern

HSC
I think it's dumb as shit as well.

"Oh wow I'm proud to be an Aussie lolz g'day mate". I'm not ashamed to be an Australian, but it's not really an achievement, is it?
Not really no, there may be some so called "Australian values" which one upholds and considers noble and from that they might derive a sense of pride but its the goodness of the deed not the Australianess that entitles the pride really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)