Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You seem to be labouring under the delusion that I only include males in my argument. It may have escaped your notice but there are also homosexual females in this world.

I don't know how you get the message that the state no longer values life when homosexuals are allowed to marry. I only see equality being afforded to a small minority group. The purpose of marriage is not to have babies but to celebrate 2 person's love and solidify their commitment. I have never heard of an instance where one person would say to another, "Let's get married so we can bring life into the world and be of value in the eyes of the state!".

And as for your last statement, only you seem to ranting on about "society's value of marriage" and "marriage is to bring life into this world". What a load of baloney. I used to think that you are a person of great intelligence and I had huge respect for you. But, the more I interacted with you, the more I seem realise that not much seems to be going on in that head of yours and that your fancy, dressed up words and nonsensical ramblings about christianity is but a facade.

Good day SIR!
I dont deny that marriage is about those things, but chiefly, in a primary, tangible sense, it's about the creation of new life - our most precious resource. Life begets life; homosexuality is death. Leave marriage alone.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I dont deny that marriage is about those things, but chiefly, in a primary, tangible sense, it's about the creation of new life - our most precious resource. Life begets life; homosexuality is death. Leave marriage alone.
Oh? Then what say you about married couples who choose not to have children? Or, better yet, how society used to view of marriage as no more than a business agreement between 2 families. OR, about those poor orphans born from dysfuctional, HETEROSEXUAL families who are in need of surrogate/adoptive parents?

Homosexuals are already granted the right to be recognised as a de facto couple, and, it's just one more step before the law reflects our needs and society's morals/values and grants us the right to marriage. A right that people like you, iron, take for granted, and, for your own ridiculous and nonsensical reasons, see fit to deny and exclude us.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol you said "us". You are homosexual.
Perhaps you are all homosexuals?

Youre also dumb. Further debate with you is beneath me. I trust that my brief encounter with you has impregnated you with doubt and confusion about your wretched state of sin. Such doubt will one day burst from your belly in a flurry of guts and organs. When this happens, you should consult your parish priest.

Sinc etc

Tangent

HSC
Lol you said "us". You are homosexual.
Perhaps you are all homosexuals?

Youre also dumb. Further debate with you is beneath me. I trust that my brief encounter with you has impregnated you with doubt and confusion about your wretched state of sin. Such doubt will one day burst from your belly in a flurry of guts and organs. When this happens, you should consult your parish priest.

Sinc etc
It's funny how u regularly dismiss peoples arguments.
It's almost like you are stumped for an answer

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol, 'almost stumped' except none of you have been even slighly persuasive in your sloppy counters.

Totally, willfully blind to the moral realm. I just try to occasionally open your eyes and usually can tell that I score some solid hits (judging by the often scatter-brained, vulgar replies)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And yet

You seem to be totally unable to distinguish whatever state of mind you may or may not have been born with from your personal decision to act upon such prompts. You may be human and created by God, but that doesnt mean that your freely-chosen actions are valid and relative to all human behaviours or sanctioned by God.

Do you understand what i'm saying?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That makes no sense.

The Lord sometimes gives us over to temptation when we do not fully trust in Him to deliver us from them. The problem you seem to have though is taking personal responsibility for these challenges.

Listen to your better angels and free yourself from Satan's grip my fren

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So? It, along with death, is the price of original sin. The point is to resist evil and overcome it with good thru the help and grace of Christ Jesus our Lord who has defeated death amen amen.

But as St Paul says, no temptation that you suffer has not already been suffered by others. God is faithful and will not tempt you beyond your capacity; "but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it". 1 Cor. 10:13

TheStallion

HSC
Don't waste your time arguing with a narrow minded Catholic bro. I'll admit that I have a jaded opinion when it comes to Catholicism, but that's probably just becuase of the people that I know who are Catholic.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's nothing personal fellers...
By all means shop around for a view that makes you more happy. I only relay the truth

Lentern

HSC
Iron don't you get tired of it. Its always the same reason they think you're evil and because the eternalness of the church and all that your replies are always the same... Don't you have a deacon you can delegate to or something?

HSC
It's nothing personal fellers...
By all means shop around for a view that makes you more happy. I only relay the truth
Firstly, how can what you say to the gay members of this site be considered anything but personal? You constantly attack them, accusing them of 'sin' when they simply express desires to explore their sexuality - which is a right that you take for granted, because you are straight. What if it was the other way around? How would that feel? Take some time to look at the world without the blinkers, mate. I assure you, it's a beautiful view.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
So? It, along with death, is the price of original sin. The point is to resist evil and overcome it with good thru the help and grace of Christ Jesus our Lord who has defeated death amen amen.

But as St Paul says, no temptation that you suffer has not already been suffered by others. God is faithful and will not tempt you beyond your capacity; "but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it". 1 Cor. 10:13

If we're never 'tempted beyond our capacities" then how come Christ makes it pretty gosh darned clear that it' pretty much impossible for a human not to sin.

In theory couldn't there at least be the possibility?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Firstly, how can what you say to the gay members of this site be considered anything but personal? You constantly attack them, accusing them of 'sin' when they simply express desires to explore their sexuality - which is a right that you take for granted, because you are straight. What if it was the other way around? How would that feel? Take some time to look at the world without the blinkers, mate. I assure you, it's a beautiful view.
Lol ur one of my fav inarticulate queers

It's not personal bc I dont know you individually and am not motivated by any desire to wound your ego or whatever. K?
Secondly, I dont deny that you all have free-will lol. Not even the state can really stop you if you want to lay with other men. Not even God wants to stop you. He only wants you to stop yourself. Youre obviously free to ignore Him, ignore truth and do whatever you like. It's all up to you

HSC
Anybody brave enough to claim to know the inner mind of God, on the basis of a personal claim to be privy to the only conceivable interpretation of some biblical texts, is guilty of self-delusion.
The church needs reasoned debate - theage.com.au

Honestly, how can you be so self-important as to believe that you, and only those like you hold the key to 'truth'? Isn't that a little grandiose?
By the way, I feel very privileged to have a special place in your heart as one of your 'favourite inarticulate queers'. I now have something to warm me on those cold, lonely nights.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If we're never 'tempted beyond our capacities" then how come Christ makes it pretty gosh darned clear that it' pretty much impossible for a human not to sin.

In theory couldn't there at least be the possibility?
All men fall short of the glory of God - even our revered Saints and Apostles. The point is that they arrested such slides, were vigilant in guarding themselves against more and more serious sin, humbled themselves before God thru confession and prayer and cast all their woes onto Him.

The real problem is when men take real pride in their sins and become determined to set up a rival good to Gods - to build their petty, futile towers of babel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)