• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Name_Taken

HSC
The same way I explain their arbitrary violence and generally poor hygiene?
I dont take lessons in morality from monkeys.
+ 1

Animals are not guided by morality.

To justify a persons actions (for which they alone are wholly responsible for) simply because animals have been observed practising similar conduct is a weak arguement.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
The same way I explain their arbitrary violence and generally poor hygiene?
I dont take lessons in morality from monkeys.
They don't build nuclear weapons or torture chambers either.

You have deliberately misconstrued his point. If heterosexuality is the norm, as intended by some creator, why would there be gay animals?

Obviously animals are not doing it because they hate god, or because they want to live an alternative lifestyle or have been brainwashed by the liberal media. Doesn't this suggest that it is a naturally occurring tendency in a proportion of animals and humans, not some sort of abhorrent lifestyle choice.

You could still argue that it is immoral and gays should repress their urges, the point is these urges occur naturally and are largely innate.

dolbinau

HSC
+ 1

Animals are not guided by morality.

To justify a persons actions (for which they alone are wholly responsible for) simply because animals have been observed practising similar conduct is a weak arguement.
This isn't about justifying actions or morality, it's about what is 'naturally occurring'.

You could say that homosexuality is wrong and not justified by animals because they do it, but you can't really say it's 'unnatural'. Humans are part of nature and are animals...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

You have deliberately misconstrued his point. If heterosexuality is the norm, as intended by some creator, why would there be gay animals?

Obviously animals are not doing it because they hate god, or because they want to live an alternative lifestyle or have been brainwashed by the liberal media. Doesn't this suggest that it is a naturally occurring tendency in a proportion of animals and humans, not some sort of abhorrent lifestyle choice.

You could still argue that it is immoral and gays should repress their urges, the point is these urges occur naturally and are largely innate.
Yooou miss the point. Evil occurs in the world. It is a 'natural', 'innate' reality. Only human beings are made personally responsible for their reaction to this reality bc, given their creation in the image of God, they are the only ones who can appreciate that they have a choice to choose the Good, the True and the Beautiful; the things that transcend our physical existence. The animal has no such option.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's about a preference that is visible in nature, so to call it unnatural is entirely idiotic.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol it's a deviation from the norm. You dont call hurricanes and tsunamis 'natural'.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol it's a deviation from the norm. You dont call hurricanes and tsunamis 'natural'.
They are naturally occuring events, they are just anomalous. A deviation from the expected does not mean it is 'abnormal'.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I would prefer to describe homosexuality as a natural disaster too.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Yooou miss the point. Evil occurs in the world. It is a 'natural', 'innate' reality. Only human beings are made personally responsible for their reaction to this reality bc, given their creation in the image of God, they are the only ones who can appreciate that they have a choice to choose the Good, the True and the Beautiful; the things that transcend our physical existence. The animal has no such option.
I'm not even trying to argue about whether it is "evil." There is no point, you've made it clear that you find nothing more convincing than a questionable interpretation of an ancient text.

But would you acknowledge that some people naturally feel homosexual urges, and that it may be very difficult for them to obtain from homosexuality?

Yes I do call hurricanes and tsunamis natural, they are routinely descried as natural events.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
loloh what a boring point to linger around. Just shows the fundamental confusion of the homo camp imo. You cant actually distinguish between good and bad. Youve given yourself over to the evil one so much that he's gradually been allowed to dip hot pokers into your eye balls until you proclaim loudly with great pride "I finally see! It's all shades of grey! A vast relative mass of black! Oh sensory lusts, Oh freedom! I indulge in thee:cool:"

0bs3n3

HSC
But that relies heavily on the personal, religious conviction that marriage/unions/sex is for procreation and procreation alone.

Which oher people don't believe in.

Next!
No it doesn't. Less births = lower population = decline (like Iron was saying). What is religious about that?

0bs3n3

HSC

Maybe the monkey chose to be gay lol

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But would you acknowledge that some people naturally feel homosexual urges, and that it may be very difficult for them to abstain from homosexuality?

I have always acknowledged this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)