• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I don't.

Its when people start expecting us to submit to the homosexual agendna and agree with them that homosexuality is natural, healthy and an acceptable "alternative" lifestyle choice, then subsequently attacking the religious beliefs of those who oppose it as a means of justifying their behaviour, that disputes such as this arise.

I am not going to stop anyone from having homosexual sex. It is impossible to prevent sin in the world (any sin, be it homosexuality or any other).

However I am going to object to people telling me to reject my beliefs and encourage various perversions and immoral behaviours (of which homosexuality is but one) as I am also going to object to movements such as the whole "gay marriage" and "gay adoption" which threaten the integrity of all society, for reasons previously outlined.
What is unhealthy about it if they play safe?

Also, we are not telling you to "encourage" anything. We are just saying that we deserve as much right as anyone to commit to a relationship, celebrate and solidify that relationship via marraige and raise a happy, healthy child in need of a loving family.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
No. Really?

Its when people start expecting us to submit to the homosexual agendna
Which is what? MAKING EVERYONE GAY OMG?!!!111!!!eleventy!!1

and agree with them that homosexuality is natural,
It occurs in nature. Therefore it is natural.

healthy and an acceptable "alternative" lifestyle choice,
This? This is you caring what people do in their bedrooms.

then subsequently attacking the religious beliefs of those who oppose it as a means of justifying their behaviour, that disputes such as this arise.
Because you are belittling these people, advocating the continual denial of rights to them and telling them they are going to Hell for being THEMSELVES. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?! Do they not have the right to self-defence against the continual attacks of bigoted bastards like your wonderful self?

I am not going to stop anyone from having homosexual sex. It is impossible to prevent sin in the world (any sin, be it homosexuality or any other).
But oh, you wish you could, don't you?

However I am going to object to people telling me to reject my beliefs and encourage various perversions and immoral behaviours (of which homosexuality is but one)
Immoral to YOU. Judge not lest ye be judged.

as I am also going to object to movements such as the whole "gay marriage" and "gay adoption" which threaten the integrity of all society, for reasons previously outlined.
INTEGRITY OF SOCIETY? Oh you nasty piece of work.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
already posted this, but like, if people are born gay and not made gay, which is the way it seems to be (post evidence to the contrary if this is wrong)

then what does it even mean to "promote homosexuality"?

philphie

Banned
HSC
i don't know why conservative christians bother arguing that people are wrong. if you dislike it so much, can't you just indulge in the fact that your beliefs tell you these people will go to hell? i see a lot more gay bashing in this thread than anyone trying to 'forgive' someone of their apparent 'sins' so don't all of a sudden give me your salvation argument.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
already posted this, but like, if people are born gay and not made gay, which is the way it seems to be (post evidence to the contrary if this is wrong)

then what does it even mean to "promote homosexuality"?
I think what he means by *promoting homosexuality* is by telling or teaching people that homosexuality is a normal, healthy life alternative and that it shouldn't be discussed in schools or portrayed in the media (where homosexuals could be portrayed as happy, healthy people as opposed to stereotypical portrayal of homosexuals as drug addicts and sexual maniacs; and not to mention being riddled with AIDs). In short, homosexuality = taboo

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i don't know why conservative christians bother arguing that people are wrong. if you dislike it so much, can't you just indulge in the fact that your beliefs tell you these people will go to hell? i see a lot more gay bashing in this thread than anyone trying to 'forgive' someone of their apparent 'sins' so don't all of a sudden give me your salvation argument.
We're trying to help the sinners, not 'bash' them. Ours is a message of hope; you can overcome yourself and find peace in this life and the next. We acknowledge that this isnt easy and that we'll be hated by the maintream for even expressing the truth. Yet Christ came to help the sinners, not the righteous.

Name_Taken

HSC
No. Really?
Really.

Which is what? MAKING EVERYONE GAY OMG?!!!111!!!eleventy!!1
No, because it teaches people that; OMGOSH GUYS SIN IS SO GREAT and NATURAL!!!111!!!eleventy!!1

It occurs in nature. Therefore it is natural.
Murder and rape occur in nature, they should be legisated for as well? And homosexuality (as it occurs in humans) being an exclusive preference to individuals of the same gender has not been found in nature.

This? This is you caring what people do in their bedrooms.
No it's me objecting to being asked to absorb and believe whole lot of rubbish.

Because you are belittling these people, advocating the continual denial of rights to them and telling them they are going to Hell for being THEMSELVES. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?! Do they not have the right to self-defence against the continual attacks of bigoted bastards like your wonderful self?
I havn't told anyone that they are going to go to Hell, nor do I want anyone to have to go to Hell. Ultimately however it is their choice to make. It is never too late to be saved.

I'm not belittling anyone here, and I am hardly denying anyone their rights. I'm sorry if thats how you feel about it, but if you think thats why I am here you have missed the point.

Has it occured to you that possibly you appear just as much a bigot in the supporting of your own self worshiping sinful agenda in my mind, as I might be speaking about the Truth in yours?

But oh, you wish you could, don't you?
I won't pretend eradicating all evil in this world wouldn't be nice, however it is an impossbility. Don't think that homosexuality is the only evil, or that it even is a "major" one.

Immoral to YOU. Judge not lest ye be judged.
Immoral by God. I wasn't the one who in the beginning decided it was wrong. And if I judge people on the basis of their sin, I would very likely hate everyone, including myself.

I don't think just becuase a person is gay, or has homosexual sex that they are a bad, or evil person at all (one of my school friends is gay for crying out loud). One hardly has to be a bad person to do bad things and make mistakes.

INTEGRITY OF SOCIETY? Oh you nasty piece of work.
Waa waa stop belittiling me. :sleep:

Honestly, you have used more personal attacks in this post than I have so far in this discussion. Please stop accusing me of being the insensitive one.

Name_Taken

HSC
I think what he means by *promoting homosexuality* is by telling or teaching people that homosexuality is a normal, healthy life alternative and that it shouldn't be discussed in schools or portrayed in the media (where homosexuals could be portrayed as happy, healthy people as opposed to stereotypical portrayal of homosexuals as drug addicts and sexual maniacs; and not to mention being riddled with AIDs). In short, homosexuality = taboo
I never said about deliberately protraying of all homosexuals as STI riddled, smoking drug addicts who hang out in seedy districts of towns etc. in the media (however without being descriminatory, the data does speak for itself, gay people as a matter of fact are more likely to smoke/take drugs/have STIs but I don't support sterotyping).

The main thing is that, while kids shouldn't be encouraged at all to show animosity towards gay people, they must be taught that at the end of the day it is a choice, and like every choice, it does have its consequences. I don't think kids, (public schools specifically) should be forced to endure all the religious arguements against it, if they are not religious, however scripture classes should be promoted IMO (not just Christian either).

BlackDragon

HSC
I can't wait to see what your kids say in the future when you try to convince them that homosexuality is wrong. You see society is moving away from discrimination.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol no society's moving towards Islam, seeing as tho theyre the only ones breeding and passing on a strong culture to their children. The economic necessity of big migration intake will be this flabby culture's downfall

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I never said about deliberately protraying of all homosexuals as STI riddled, smoking drug addicts who hang out in seedy districts of towns etc. in the media (however without being descriminatory, the data does speak for itself, gay people as a matter of fact are more likely to smoke/take drugs/have STIs but I don't support sterotyping).

The main thing is that, while kids shouldn't be encouraged at all to show animosity towards gay people, they must be taught that at the end of the day it is a choice, and like every choice, it does have its consequences. I don't think kids, (public schools specifically) should be forced to endure all the religious arguements against it, if they are not religious, however scripture classes should be promoted IMO (not just Christian either).
Consequences? What consequence? Oh my god is it hell?

Name_Taken

HSC
Consequences? What consequence? Oh my god is it hell?
(Ignroing the relgion-based consequences). Well to begin with theres the (many) health risks associated with the individual and then of course the greater consequences that will be faced by society for abandoning its moral framework.

A society which has forsaken all morality and does nothing but encourage its self-worshiping population to fufull their every hednoistic desire and promote obsession with commerce and the acquisution of wealth and material possessions is ultimately unsustainable.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
(Ignroing the relgion-based consequences). Well to begin with theres the (many) health risks associated with the individual and then of course the greater consequences that will be faced by society for abandoning its moral framework.
You have not ignored the religious consequences because it is only leaving the religious moral framework.

Not to mention these illusory health risks.

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Well to begin with theres the (many) health risks associated with the individual and then of course the greater consequences that will be faced by society for abandoning its moral framework.

A society which has forsaken all morality and does nothing but encourage its population to fufull their hednoistic desires and promote obsession with commerce and the acquisution of wealth and material possessions is ultimately unsustainable.
1- No such health risks when they play safely.
2- elaborate on the moral framework bit.
3- No one is encouraging the population to do anything. And what do you mean by "encouraging" or "promoting" homosexuality. I'm still a bit confused about that.
4- You say unsustainable, yet homosexuals have existed for a long time and we are still "sustaining" buddy.

Name_Taken

HSC
1- No such health risks when they play safely.
Homosexuality is a lifestyle, of which people who choose it suffer worse health (on average, this is the data talking) than comparable heterosexual people.

Gays are more likely to contract every STI, especially HIV/AIDS, and are 20 times more likely to smoke and take illicet drugs (not that every gay person will get or do any of these, but statistically, its just more likely).

You can't "play safe", when you play with fire you are going to get burnt.

2- elaborate on the moral framework bit.
Morals are what is right and wrong. Homosexuality (among other sexual perversions) is wrong, but despite this, is being encouraged by society as being right and ok.

3- No one is encouraging the population to do anything. And what do you mean by "encouraging" or "promoting" homosexuality. I'm still a bit confused about that.
Basically liberals (such as yourself, I assume?) who are claiming that homosexuality is natural, that it is healthy, and that its ok to be gay and have gay sex etc. Promoting/encouraging you could say basically boils down to presenting homosexuality and homosexual sex (incorreclty) in a positive light.

4- You say unsustainable, yet homosexuals have existed for a long time and we are still "sustaining" buddy.
Its not homosexuality alone thats going to bring society down. Its the entire culture that has to shift.

BlackDragon

HSC
Morals are what is right and wrong. Homosexuality (among other sexual perversions) is wrong, .
My god you are so uneducated or just choose not to say stuff. Under what moral framework? The religious one, not the societal one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)