• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well, not entirely, but hey I'd rather live in the present than in ancient times.

It might make you uncomfortable, but our own brains are all we've got. Mythology doesn't help. This isn't material consumption. The Christian's false dichotomy of "Bible vs McDonalds" is ridiculous.

This is the tradition of Socrates, of Hume, Kant, Spinoza. This is better than myths and self-deception.
You constantly refer to Christianity as a "myth" but we both know that you have nothing substantial to hit us with. You do not have any answer to the big question 'why is there something rather than nothing'. We know this and you know this.

Try all you like to find peace within a strictly physical interpretation of reality and deny with all your might the spiritual realities of..
faith, hope, charity, prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance..
wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, fear of the Lord,...
joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, faithfulness, modesty, self-control and chastity.

It might make you uncomfortable, but our souls are all we have (see, I can assert things from my side too!) In fact we're confident that it's just a matter of time until you fully discover the withered fruits of your godless logic, when it hits you that you stand for nothing - no truth or love or beauty - but only your own raw personal power in this fleeting existence. When this hits you (if it hasnt already) youll have the choice to choose the cheap death which underlines our culture and utterly dominates the surface, or the costly love which has defeated death amen amen.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol ffs. "Punished"
I mean, really.

What an oppressive, painful life the homosexual couple must lead - granted legal equality but denied the same technical status of a heterosexual couple! The unspeakable suffering! I die with grief and pain, I die oh world I die!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It might make you uncomfortable, but our souls are all we have (see, I can assert things from my side too!) In fact we're confident that it's just a matter of time until you fully discover the withered fruits of your godless logic, when it hits you that you stand for nothing - no truth or love or beauty - but only your own raw personal power in this fleeting existence. When this hits you (if it hasnt already) youll have the choice to choose the cheap death which underlines our culture and utterly dominates the surface, or the costly love which has defeated death amen amen.
I'd like to believe that is true, but your condemnation of embracing reality at the level of pure physical enjoyment doesn't really accord with my day to day perception of how value is created.

Even if I value beauty, love etc.. it doesn't rule out also valuing sinking heaps of drugs and having promiscuous sex.

I like living in a mixed state, following love, charity, kindness etc.. with just a touch of occasional sweet hedonism to cap it off.

I see that most of those spiritual realities you acknowledge exist, and I devote myself to them, but I think there's more to be had, and occasionally enjoying the base physical reality doesn't diminish any comfort I can take from the discovery of higher meaning.

It can be corrupting, but you try to keep it in perspective.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'd like to believe that is true, but your condemnation of embracing reality at the level of pure physical enjoyment doesn't really accord with my day to day perception of how value is created.

Even if I value beauty, love etc.. it doesn't rule out also valuing sinking heaps of drugs and having promiscuous sex.

I like living in a mixed state, following love, charity, kindness etc.. with just a touch of occasional sweet hedonism to cap it off.

I see that most of those spiritual realities you acknowledge exist, and I devote myself to them, but I think there's more to be had, and occasionally enjoying the base physical reality doesn't diminish any comfort I can take from the discovery of higher meaning.

It can be corrupting, but you try to keep it in perspective.
I agree as long as you confess with a contrite heart m8

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
You constantly refer to Christianity as a "myth" but we both know that you have nothing substantial to hit us with. You do not have any answer to the big question 'why is there something rather than nothing'. We know this and you know this.

Try all you like to find peace within a strictly physical interpretation of reality and deny with all your might the spiritual realities of..
faith, hope, charity, prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance..
wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, fear of the Lord,...
joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, faithfulness, modesty, self-control and chastity.

Wait... what's a soul? :confused:

Physicists have suggested 'something' might be more stable in some sense than 'nothing'. At any rate, if we don't know something, that means it's an unknown. It doesn't mean your particular brand of magic man did it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It means it is unknown to your particular model of science, which will never have anything to do with the question. Seek deeper and within yourself you superficial something something

BlackDragon

HSC
It means it is unknown to your particular model of science, which will never have anything to do with the question. Seek deeper and within yourself you superficial something something
Actually most questions that pertain to religion are of human construction and have no relation to the world outside the rational mind. It's one of the fallacies of this search for truth.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Actually most questions that pertain to religion are of human construction and have no relation to the world outside the rational mind. It's one of the fallacies of this search for truth.
oh ok
you make a good case

Name_Taken

HSC
This feel like as if we're having two cults against each other..

Oh yea, found a link that might clear up a lot of things about homosexuality..

What Is Sexual Orientation and What Causes Homosexuality? - Rex Bennett's MySpace Blog |

And this one should tell you what to do, how parents should treat their children..

Name_Taken and Iron, I just hope that for you, that your child will never be gay/lesbian. I wouldn't be able to even stand being near you two as parents. That's the truth of it all. I just hope that you won't abuse your child or anything.

Open Letter To Mothers of a Gay or Lesbian Child � Tales from a Broad

Here this might help you think and clear things up a bit as well..
The cause of the desire to sin is not entirely relevant.

What the issue at hand here is that homosexual sex (then, not homosexuality) is sinful and wrong and cannot be encouraged by society. This identification of homosexual sex being a sin is not open to debate.

I have always maintained that love is possible without sex.

And for your information, I am not going to get involved with my child's sex life when they grow older and move out, and its not like I'd disown my child simply because they (might) make bad choices which they may later reget. I'm not even going to shove the Bible down their throat if they choose to reject it, faith cannot be forced.

However, whether they choose to accept Christ or not, it's a undenaibly parents responsibility to educate their children in basic morality, personal responsibility, accountability and self control and I would be doing them a disservice if I were to tell them anything but the Truth.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The cause of the desire to sin is not entirely relevant.

What the issue at hand here is that homosexual sex (then, not homosexuality) is sinful and wrong and cannot be encouraged by society. This identification of homosexual sex being a sin is not open to debate.

I have always maintained that love is possible without sex.

And for your information, I am not going to get involved with my child's sex life when they grow older and move out, and its not like I'd not love my child simply because they (might)make bad choices which they may later reget. I'm not even going to shove the Bible down their throat if they choose to reject it, faith cannot be forced.

However, whether they choose to accept Christ or not, it's a undenaibly parents responsibility to educate their children in basic morality, personal responsibility, accountability and self control and I would be doing them a disservice if I were to tell them anything but the Truth.
Thing is, the Truth is essentially chicken scratching in a 2000 year old book to Atheists. If the homosexual is not religious, why should they be shunned out of normal things that heterosexual couples take for granted because Christianity reckons they have a monopoly on Marriage?

Homosexuality is not a choice or lifestyle, its a natural occurrence which shouldnt be shunned by god fearing bible/quaran bashing tarts.

BlackDragon

HSC
Thing is, the Truth is essentially chicken scratching in a 2000 year old book to Atheists. If the homosexual is not religious, why should they be shunned out of normal things that heterosexual couples take for granted because Christianity reckons they have a monopoly on Marriage?

Homosexuality is not a choice or lifestyle, its a natural occurrence which shouldnt be shunned by god fearing bible/quaran bashing tarts.
Yes we are a secular society and people should have the right to choose themselves.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes we are a secular society and people should have the right to choose themselves.
We agree. But we should also have the right to put forward our case for the good of individuals and the whole world. Ofc you have the free choice to ignore us, but I doubt that you would bother engaging us if at least some of the good news didnt cause a twitch on your line

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Why do you care so much about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? You may consider it a sin; they do not.

Jesus, dude, get some perspective.

Name_Taken

HSC
Why do you care so much about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? You may consider it a sin; they do not.

Jesus, dude, get some perspective.
I don't.

Its when people start expecting us to submit to the homosexual agendna and agree with them that homosexuality is natural, healthy and an acceptable "alternative" lifestyle choice, then subsequently attacking the religious beliefs of those who oppose it as a means of justifying their behaviour, that disputes such as this arise.

I am not going to stop anyone from having homosexual sex. It is impossible to prevent sin in the world (any sin, be it homosexuality or any other).

However I am going to object to people telling me to reject my beliefs and encourage various perversions and immoral behaviours (of which homosexuality is but one) as I am also going to object to movements such as the whole "gay marriage" and "gay adoption" which threaten the integrity of all society, for reasons previously outlined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)