• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Sigh, the Bible is not crap.

Gays are not human.

I can make ridiculous and unsupported statements as well, it doesn't mean anything, unless you're a troll ofc, which I don't think you are...

Do you believe in the Christian God, but simply reject His word, or a God which you divised yourself, perhaps conveniently permitting whatever behaviours that you may feel enticed to indulge in?
your words wound me deeper than any blade ever could :(

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
your words wound me deeper than any blade ever could :(
Criteria for a living organism:

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
  2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.
  3. Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
  4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
  5. Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity as well as the composition of metabolized substances, and external factors present.
  6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion, for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism) and by chemotaxis.
  7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.
Gays don't do 7 hence they aren't living things.

(No offence intended, just put this in for the lulz)

From wikipedia.

hsb39

HSC
OK, first I'll say I have to do this a lot, I can't go back and find the direct replies to my last post, it's been about 4 days. So if anyone has something that they want to raise again for me to answer, you may need to raise it up again or PM me.

Next I'll go to the defense of the person I was arguing against, Name-Taken. Clearly that was a joke, he has specified before that he clearly does love gay people, just not their actions. Come on people, we need to be able to be a little bit sarcastic here, even on the most serious subject. Similar to how I sometimes introduce myself as "one of those evil atheist things".

I will also note that on the topic of not believing in the Bible but still believing religion, there are two common possibilities:

- Believing in the Christian God but also recognising that the Bible was actually written by humans and unless God were to take away free will he cannot control what goes into it.
- Thinking that a God must exist, but not necessarily that it has some document telling you what to do, trying to find morals from logic.

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
Sigh, the Bible is not crap.

Gays are not human.

I can make ridiculous and unsupported statements as well, it doesn't mean anything, unless you're a troll ofc, which I don't think you are...

Do you believe in the Christian God, but simply reject His word, or a God which you divised yourself, perhaps conveniently permitting whatever behaviours that you may feel enticed to indulge in?
We are human.

I believe in the Christian God, and I believe what Jesus said. However I do not believe in the Christian religion or the Bible overall. I dont even consider myself religious or a Christian. I consider myself a spirtual person.

And Jesus never condemnd Homosexuality. That is a fact.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
  2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.
  3. Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
  4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
  5. Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity as well as the composition of metabolized substances, and external factors present.
  6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion, for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism) and by chemotaxis.
  7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.

From wikipedia.
ha! but the sperm from a homosexua malel does have the ability to unite with the female ova (is it ova or ovaries?) and form a foetus! and the same can be said for the ova of a lesbian. i mean, in Queer as Folk, this guy ejaculated on to this thing and donated to his lesbian friend so that she could have a child with her partner.

lol just because a man is a homoexual, it doesn't mean that his fluids are obsolete.

zaxmacks

HSC

From wikipedia.
Mules can't reproduce. Are they not living?

Name_Taken

HSC
We are human.
Lol, I was seriously being sarcastic!! :haha:

I believe in the Christian God, and I believe what Jesus said.
<3

However I do not believe in the Christian religion or the Bible overall. I dont even consider myself religious or a Christian.
Two questions;

i) How can you sincerely accept Christ as your saviour and believe in God, if you are not Christian? I don't quite understand that...

ii) How can you believe in Christ if you don't hold the Bible as a valid and accurate "source"?! The Bible is like the principle, if not only method of learning about Christ and His life, if you don't "believe" in the Bible, then I don't see how you have come to the conclusion that you have.

(I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I'm just curious).

And Jesus never condemnd Homosexuality. That is a fact.
True, but mate, Christ didn't condemn pedophilia either...

Christ was sent to clarify His message and to act as the agent of mankinds salvation. If you take His words and are simply turning them into a list of acceptable and not acceptable behaviours, you are completely missing this message. (And even if you were to summise the Bible in point form of what to do and what not to do, homosexuality would still fall in the latter category, considering the various 6-7 passages which condemn it).

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
Lol, I was seriously being sarcastic!! :haha:

<3

Two questions;

i) How can you sincerely accept Christ as your saviour and believe in God, if you are not Christian? I don't quite understand that...

ii) How can you believe in Christ if you don't hold the Bible as a valid and accurate "source"?! The Bible is like the principle, if not only method of learning about Christ and His life, if you don't "believe" in the Bible, then I don't see how you have come to the conclusion that you have.

(I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I'm just curious).

True, but mate, Christ didn't condemn pedophilia either...

Christ was sent to clarify His message and to act as the agent of mankinds salvation. If you take His words and are simply turning them into a list of acceptable and not acceptable behaviours, you are completely missing this message. (And even if you were to summise the Bible in point form of what to do and what not to do, homosexuality would still fall in the latter category, considering the various 6-7 passages which condemn it).
I consider a Christian someone who fully accepts all aspects of Christianity, which includes the bible.

Thats why I dont consider myself a Christian as I dont belive what the bible says overall, but I believe what Jesus says, his word and his ethics. I know theres other things which werent condemnd by Jesus like pedophilia and that is where my own aquired ethics come in. I doubt Jesus approved of pedophilia but I've come to the conclusion that me being Gay isnt a sin (again since I belive that homosexuality isnt a choice unlike pedophillia, and therefore Jesus wouldnt disapprove of me loving an adult of my own gender)

Basically I believe in what Jesus actually said, rather than the whole new testement. Thats the message of God, what Jesus actually said, the other stuff isnt. So I'm more spiritual than religious

meeatu

HSC
  1. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.
From wikipedia.

1. Wiki does not count as a valid source for ANYTHING :p

2. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.

(I rest my case?)
We have the ability... Simply not the inclination.

Also... does this mean anyone who is barren, infertile or a eunoch is not human?

EDIT: P.S. your rule on Homeostasis exludes people suffering from certain diseases from being considered alive. Your rule on organization cludes viruses from being considered living.Your rule on metabolism does not extend to things that convert non-chemical sources of energy into energy only (eg, some lichen that do not require oxygen or water to grow). Your rule on growth would discount creatures whos gathering of mass would increase the pressure on their bodies sufficiently that it would cause them to contract (implode slightly) if such a creature did exist.Your rule on adaption makes the grounds of any asexually reproductive creature that has simple DNA makeup (that is thus less likely to mutate due to external factors) as a living creature a little shakey. Your response to stimuli brings into question whether deep-coma patients are still alive.

Last edited:

meeatu

HSC
I doubt Jesus approved of pedophilia but I've come to the conclusion that me being Gay isnt a sin (again since I belive that homosexuality isnt a choice unlike pedophillia, and therefore Jesus wouldnt disapprove of me loving an adult of my own gender)
Sorry, I do hate to put my own comrades to shame, but this argument makes no sense. Why should paedophillia be a choice, and homosexuality not? Both, clinically only refer to an attraction, which to my mind cannot be a choice, however, both can be restricted to that attraction or have it realized through action, which is always a choice.

Surely this means that I cannot condemn either, or I must condemn both.
On a moral level, this is absolutely correct.

First of all Paedophilia is defined (legaly) via age, not level of maturity.
Thus, it is moraly objectable to condemn it in all forms anyway (though, of course, maturity is much harder to measure, and impractical as a precondition for consentual sex within the law).

Secondly, Due to the afforementioned idea of subjective morality, Paedophillia in itself cannot be condemned as an imorral act, simply condemned by the law as an activity that would not be conductive to the co-existing of the different idealisms and mentalities that make up said society.

As such, Homosexuality is not morally incorrect, and within a society where it harms no one, it should not be condemned or outlawed.

~ P.S. We're just loving our neighbours after all ^__^ We just do it somewhat more physically than you :p ~

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I consider a Christian someone who fully accepts all aspects of Christianity, which includes the bible.

Thats why I dont consider myself a Christian as I dont belive what the bible says overall, but I believe what Jesus says, his word and his ethics. I know theres other things which werent condemnd by Jesus like pedophilia and that is where my own aquired ethics come in. I doubt Jesus approved of pedophilia but I've come to the conclusion that me being Gay isnt a sin (again since I belive that homosexuality isnt a choice unlike pedophillia, and therefore Jesus wouldnt disapprove of me loving an adult of my own gender)

Basically I believe in what Jesus actually said, rather than the whole new testement. Thats the message of God, what Jesus actually said, the other stuff isnt. So I'm more spiritual than religious
so you dont accept what christianity says but you accept what jesus says? i'm a teeny tiny bitty bit confused here.

Name_Taken

HSC
Sorry, I do hate to put my own comrades to shame, but this argument makes no sense. Why should paedophillia be a choice, and homosexuality not? Both, clinically only refer to an attraction, which to my mind cannot be a choice, however, both can be restricted to that attraction or have it realized through action, which is always a choice.
My point exactly. :rolleyes:

A person is not a pedo, simply because they feel an attraction to children (though I can't deny the thought freaks me out, slighty more than homosexuality).

In exactly the same way, a person is not "guilty" of homosexuality simply because they feel attracted to people of the same sex.

The actual sex, in both cases is a choice, attraction isn't an excuse.

I loved him, so I needed to have sex with him is akin to saying I hated him, so I had to kill him.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
My point exactly. :rolleyes:

A person is not a pedo, simply because they feel an attraction to children (though I can't deny the thought freaks me out, slighty more than homosexuality).

In exactly the same way, a person is not "guilty" of homosexuality simply because they feel attracted to people of the same sex.

The actual sex, in both cases is a choice, attraction isn't an excuse.

I loved him, so I needed to have sex with him is akin to saying I hated him, so I had to kill him.
im so hot for you right now.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
speaking of lust, here's a new take on things...

jesus explicitly condemed heterosexual lust:

Matthew 5:28, "But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

yet he never bothered to say anything at all about gays, or a man looking at another man with lust in his eye

WHAT DOES THAT TELL U?

Name_Taken

HSC
speaking of lust, here's a new take on things...

jesus explicitly condemed heterosexual lust:

Matthew 5:28, "But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

yet he never bothered to say anything at all about gays, or a man looking at another man with lust in his eye

WHAT DOES THAT TELL U?
Ahh, not much really, since Jesus believed in the OT, which include several anti-homosexual verses (as does the NT)...

I wouldn't believe that Jesus would ever condone aggression towards gays, when asked to summise His religion He said it boiled down to loving God and your fellow man for example. This does not mean He would approve of glorifying a life of sin, simply becuase He doesn't support violence against people who choose to do so.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Ahh, not much really, since Jesus believed in the OT, which include several anti-homosexual verses (as does the NT)...

I wouldn't believe that Jesus would ever condone aggression towards gays, when asked to summise His religion He said it boiled down to loving God and your fellow man for example. This does not mean He would approve of glorifying a life of sin, simply becuase He doesn't support violence against people who choose to do so.
"choose"... nows there's the rub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)