Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

warezfan

HSC
My stance on Homosexuality has always been a firm NO. It's a sin that GOD does not allow. Homosexuality is simply a degenerate disease that Satan has given us.

Durga

HSC
I would if I had people to go with. When/where is it? We could get a BoS contingent together! We'll invite Name_Taken!

And unfortunately he seems to be back.
Sorry, I didn't see your post, thought this thread was dead. It is at the Opera House, all sold out...

Yes, but he has given up, I think. Either that or my education on how an argument works didn't get through.. He has stopped with his opinion though, which is a good thing, considering he can't provide critically robust evidence for it.

SabbytheMuso

The Geek in the Purple
HSC
So many things wrong with these anti-gay arguments...

We're here, we're queer and we ain't the only ones who get AIDS.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
My stance on Homosexuality has always been a firm NO. It's a sin that GOD does not allow. Homosexuality is simply a degenerate disease that Satan has given us.
My stance on people with only 24 posts is: stay the fuck outta NCAP, you will get pwned by SeCKSiiMiNh.

SabbytheMuso

The Geek in the Purple
HSC
Are you kidding? In what way does 'God' not allow it? As far as I see, as soon as someone has some bumsex I don't see them getting struck down by lightning. And how is it degenerate? Do gay people's bodies just start decomposing as soon as they like men?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
gay, homophobic law maker:
State Sen. Roy Ashburn said he was feeling "numb" mid-morning Monday after announcing to his constituents that he is gay.

Ashburn, R-Bakersfield, came out Monday morning in an interview with talk radio host Inga Barks of KERN Newstalk 1180.

In an interview afterward with The Californian, Ashburn wouldn't reveal much more about his personal life than that. When did he know he was gay? If and when did he come out to his family?

Ashburn wouldn't go there.

"That's my private life and that's personal," Ashburn said. "I don't think it's relevant to how I do my job."

The veteran Kern County lawmaker was similarly tight-lipped about the circumstances surrounding his drunken driving arrest early last Wednesday morning in Sacramento.

Ashburn wouldn't answer where he'd been that night, whom he was with and how much he'd had to drink.

A Sacramento television station quoted unnamed sources last week as saying Ashburn had been at a gay night club. The California Highway Patrol reported a man it didn't identify was in the state-owned, black Chevrolet Tahoe Ashburn was driving when he was pulled over.

The Sacramento County District Attorney's office said he had a blood alcohol level of .14 percent.

"I had too much to drink and I drove after having had too much alcohol," is basically all Ashburn would say. "I've been arrested and I expect to pay the consequences for my actions and be treated as anyone would under similar circumstances. I'm sorry for drinking and driving.

"My personal life is my personal life," Ashburn said. "I've already said that I'm gay. The facts are what they are. I acknowledge what I did and I'll pay the consequences for that.

"But what happened last week -- my private life became public and so now I acknowledge that I am gay. I think that's what people want to know."

Ashburn has taken heat in the last week for having been both closeted and a consistent vote against gay-rights related legislation. In the interview, Ashburn repeatedly argued he voted the will of his constituents in his conservative 18th Senate District, which includes much of Bakersfield.

"I took a position based on what I believed was the will of my constituents, not mine, necessarily," Ashburn said. "We have a representative form of government ... where citizens select people to cast votes on their behalf."

Did he cast any votes he personally disagreed with? Ashburn couldn't cite any. Were any of those votes difficult to make? Ashburn said he takes all votes seriously.

Durga

HSC
Hi, I'm not really back to this god-forsaken thread, just bored

The man has a point.
His job is to represent his people.
Regardless of his personal beliefs.

Props to him for being able to keep his personal life out of his job.
But his job is to also educate the people, and frankly the way that country has been indoctrinated defies the definition of education. So maybe in a few years, or most possibly decades, the majority of America will at least recognise equality.

Last edited:

Durga

HSC
What kind of equality?
Equality between heterosexuals and homosexuals, theists and atheists, and immigrants and 'true Americans.' Never minding the residual racism between whites and blacks, although that's pretty minor.

mystiquechik

HSC
There is nothing 'wrong' with homosexuality. it is something a lot of them, at one stage or another, were extremely embarrased by. New science says it is something people are born with as opposed to it being a choice. do you honestly believe they would choose to get gang bashed ?? no i didnt think so.

I dont have a set view regarding whether it should be legal that they marry but knowing our 'anything goes' society, i'm sure it will be legalised one day. i know of people who have both committed suicide, and attempted to because of how bad they feel so just watch what you say because they are still human and you're being the less humane one if you seek to hurt them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)