Homosexuality in Australia (4 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Gosford

HSC
taking it from a logical and scientific point of view
homosexuality isnt right
essentially humans like other animals live to reproduce (not just that, but it is a majot thing)
it (for the moment until, they do some crzy invention) is impossible for gays to have babies with each other
those breaking the reproduction chain
just think bout the way guys and girls were made for each other (im not goin to give a sex ed lesson)
too halves to a whole
you need a sperm and an egg (although they r startin to overscome this barrier)
but hey even if you dont believe in god
it seems evolution / mother earth / whatever
has willed us to mate with the opposite sex

Gosford

HSC
i gave an alternative explainatio
from readin posts
it seemd everyone was sick and tired of religion
wat other reasons could their be against homosexuality
i proposed my view
and if you took a moment to consider it then you would realise it has some good ideas
even the whole theory of evolution, where we adapt to the environemnt (which i do not like), would say we evlolve to suit certain circumstances
until the day we find a way to reproduce (naturally) then it aint meant to be

Last edited by a moderator:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i gave an alternative explainatio
from readin posts
it seemd everyone was sick and tired of religion
wat other reasons could their be against homosexuality
i proposed my view
and if you took a moment to consider it then you would realise it has some good ideas
There were no good ideas in it. Everything you "proposed" had sent to the very much incorrect pile years ago. See if homosexuality isn't natural -- your first claim in your first post --, that implies it's a choice which anyone with half a brain (and the ability to write fluent English) would say is not true.

You are also regurgitating religious thought on the 'down-low' to give it more credibility. Why don't you just quote directly from the Old Testament/Qur'an. Oh wait, everyone would think you're a fruit-loop.

even the whole theory of evolution, where we adapt to the environemnt (which i do not like), would say we evlolve to suit certain circumstances
Tell us more about evolution, Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
taking it from a logical and scientific point of view
Science has a point of view now? Science with a point of view IS NO LONGER SCIENCE.

homosexuality isnt right
essentially humans like other animals live to reproduce (not just that, but it is a majot thing)
A) Some of the most beautiful things humans do are not that which perhaps without advanced minds we would do.
B) You only have to have sex with someone (probably) once in order to create a child... So you could have an entire planet full of homosexuals/lesbians whom merely put aside their sexuality for some hetero sex in order to create children every now and then.

it (for the moment until, they do some crzy invention) is impossible for gays to have babies with each other
those breaking the reproduction chain
just think bout the way guys and girls were made for each other (im not goin to give a sex ed lesson)
too halves to a whole
you need a sperm and an egg (although they r startin to overscome this barrier)
but hey even if you dont believe in god
it seems evolution / mother earth / whatever
has willed us to mate with the opposite sex
lol...

So sex is never supposed to be for fun? Heterosexual couples/friends have sex all the time just for fun... only a few of these is ever for the purpose of creating a child.

You've got to be careful with your imputation here. Evolution doesn't tell us what we're supposed to do at all, natural selection does say we'll evolve to best reproduce... this doesn't mean that conscious human beings should make the pursuit of reproduction (or the 'survival of the fittest', see eugenics) our over-riding goal.

Last edited:

Gosford

HSC
People always have a Choice
u start saying that people dont have a choice, they r born gay
and stuff like that
where does it stop
people are born murderers (a lot of support for that in the US)
waht about this one
people are born terrosist its no their fault tjhey like to blow people up
u always have temptation, but you can ignore it

secondly, i choose not to waste my time writing fluent english (if you r were implying that) becoz its the net, everyone cuts out words, letters etc.

To entabee
Yes SEX is for fun, and in western society with contraceptives I would sya easily 90% + is for enjoyment, not to have children
i think only us and dolphins are only creatures that have sex for fun
but primary purpose, universal perspective is reproduction

but alas, natural selection and evolution at least show that homosexuality is unnatural
otherwise surely if it was ok to go with guys, girls watever, then maybe we would asexually reproduce
or have other unique adaptions like some african frog, that changes its sex, if need be. (thus able to have sex with both sexes)
Is homsoexuality supported by our physiology? NO

Gosford

HSC
Enteebee said:
Science has a point of view now? Science with a point of view IS NO LONGER SCIENCE.
What about hypothesis'
r u suggesting that science has to be proven
Look at all the scientists through time, all with points of views
so it is possible to have a scientific point of view
make sense?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
and stuff like that
where does it stop
waht about this one
You heard it here, being a homosexual is comparable to murder and terrorism.

Gosford

HSC
Enteebee said:
B) You only have to have sex with someone (probably) once in order to create a child... So you could have an entire planet full of homosexuals/lesbians whom merely put aside their sexuality for some hetero sex in order to create children every now and then.
With modern technology, they wouldnt need to have sex
what i am saying is that it is unnatural, i am providing a reason against homosexuality
So essentially no, you could not have "an entire planet full of homosexuals/lesbians whom merely put aside their sexuality for some hetero sex in order to create children every now and then"
Heck even we could decide to do it now if we want
even if you are hetero, you can go down to the labs and have IVF and other methods just for the sake of it
Too expensive though
anyway i dont really see ur point in that sttement, if you feel that i misunderstood it, please explain what you meant with above quote (thanx)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
but alas, natural selection and evolution at least show that homosexuality is unnatural
otherwise surely if it was ok to go with guys, girls watever, then maybe we would asexually reproduce
or have other unique adaptions like some african frog, that changes its sex, if need be. (thus able to have sex with both sexes)
Tell us more about evolution and natural selection, Charles, tell us more.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Gosford said:
and stuff like that
where does it stop
waht about this one
The difference with gays is that they're not hurting anyone, with the other examples I think we have to (for the overall good of society) construct a notion of personal responsibility.

To entabee
Yes SEX is for fun, and in western society with contraceptives I would sya easily 90% + is for enjoyment, not to have children
i think only us and dolphins are only creatures that have sex for fun
Then why is it homosexuals can't have sex for fun?

but primary purpose, universal perspective is reproduction
What do you mean primary purpose? Who decided that? I mean you are correct that to mindless genes all that matters is to reproduce themselves, but we're far beyond that.

Not really because as I've explained you could still have a species which reproduces perfectly fine as long as there is rare heterosexual sex for the purpose of creating a child.

Also, by your remarks heterosexual sex not for purposes of procreation is equally 'unnatural' and if such a quality leads homosexuality to being unfavourable, you must have equal dislike of such heterosexual sex.

otherwise surely if it wasn't 'ok' to go with the same sex it wouldn't have been made just as pleasurable (for some) to have a same-sex relationship.

Once again, for homosexuality to be viable in the continuation of the species you don't need asexual reproduction or anything.. you just need them to be willing to have sex (on rare occasion, we have sex many times in our lifetime probably only 0.1% of which will be to create a child) with someone of the opposite sex for procreation purposes.

There's no need.

Yes it is, you see people can have homosexual sex and deride pleasure from it...

------------------

With modern technology, they wouldnt need to have sex
Probably, but why wouldn't they just do so on occasion? I mean if they really dislike the opposite sex entirely they could get their same sex partner to get them close to orgasm and then just finish themselves off with the girl.

what i am saying is that it is unnatural, i am providing a reason against homosexuality
But, as I've pointed out, there's a lot of things which aren't "natural" by the definition you seem to be using... including heterosexual sex for fun. Are you equally opposed to straight couples having sex for fun? If not then I can't understand why you continue to blow the 'unnatural' horn :/

So essentially no, you could not have "an entire planet full of homosexuals/lesbians whom merely put aside their sexuality for some hetero sex in order to create children every now and then"
Why couldn't you?

What about hypothesis
What about them? They're not science... they're the start of a formal attempt to make a scientific theory, that's about it.

r u suggesting that science has to be proven
It has to be accepted through peer review, repeated etc... but all I'm really suggesting is that science is point-of-view neutral, though it is a great tool for those with a POV to use to further their argument.

Look at all the scientists through time, all with points of views
Yes.

so it is possible to have a scientific point of view
make sense?
Science has no point of view, it is possible to have a point of view which you believe is backed up by science, that's it.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Birth control is unnatural.

Gosford

HSC
Enteebee said:
Yes it is, you see people can have homosexual sex and deride pleasure from it... .
that was a confusing retoric to my statement
i never said homosexuals dont enjoy sex (did u assmue that i said it?), what i did say is that our PHYSIOLOGY isnt suited for homosexual sex
thus rednering it unnatural

------------------

Enteebee said:
Science has no point of view, it is possible to have a point of view which you believe is backed up by science, that's it.
Ok ur right
thats what i meant (sorry!)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
that was a confusing retoric to my statement
i never said homosexuals dont enjoy sex (did u assmue that i said it?), what i did say is that our PHYSIOLOGY isnt suited for homosexual sex
thus rednering it unnatural
I'm saying our physiology is fine for homosexual sex because people have homosexual sex. Our physiology isn't exactly "suited" for sitting around for hours on end, driving cars, eating so much meat, living for so long etc but I'm sure you don't exactly rail against these things?

Gosford

HSC
Enteebee said:
I'm saying our physiology is fine for homosexual sex because people have homosexual sex.
well without going into too much detail
it isnt as interactive as hetero due to physiology of the human body

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Gosford said:
well without going into too much detail
it isnt as interactive as hetero due to physiology of the human body
What?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
So what if it isn't "as interactive" ? They like it, why do you care?

Gosford

HSC
so u see my point in terrms of physiology?
thats all i was trying to make, reasons why i am against homosexuality
people do stupid things (according to those around them) all the time
this topic was asking for thoughts and i supplied them
u will not ever see me on the street having a debate with a gay person
i would probably just leave them alone, as if my argument would even make them think about it.
so basically i was just putting my opinion in

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
so u see my point in terrms of physiology?
No, not really... It seems to be an argument that because our physiology is less idealy suited to homosexual sex that homosexual sex is wrong - Does not follow ;) Our physiology evolved in a way that isn't perfectly suited for a lot of things we do. You'll need to explain why it is that we should only do things which our physiology (mostly evolved through natural selection in an environment completely disconnected from our current world) is most suited to.

thats all i was trying to make, reasons why i am against homosexuality
people do stupid things (according to those around them) all the time
this topic was asking for thoughts and i supplied them
u will not ever see me on the street having a debate with a gay person
i would probably just leave them alone, as if my argument would even make them think about it.
so basically i was just putting my opinion in
That's fine, I think you should share your opinions.

Gosford

HSC
Ok how about an allegory
(i suck at them, so sorry if u dont understand)
Baseball caps
they have a nose on the front
to cover your nose
now by wearing them back to front like a cool person (...yea anyway), you are not covering nose, etc. thus rendering purpose of the hats nose not effective
Now people that wear it that way dont care (like homsexuals with their preferences) but adults may or may not.
SOme may say let the kids do what they want (like you in this topic)
Some may say NO! Because it doesnt do what it was designed for (like me in this topic)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)