Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
ive probably completely gone off on the wrong tangent here from your 'discussions' on the last page, but i just think catholic and christain religion is the same. king changed religion to divorce his wife, i mean come on. they r the same thing, unless theres that whole worship three things if your catholic (like holy spirit, god, ..one more, mary or something) or only believe in jesus or something if your christain. and by king just changing religion just coz he felt like it, is this telling us religion is crap and made up?

X

xeuyrawp

advanced sam said:
ive probably completely gone off on the wrong tangent here from your 'discussions' on the last page, but i just think catholic and christain religion is the same.
No I don't think so. To put it basically as I see it, the Catholics obey a bunch of rich people by means of a personality cult surrounding the Pope and his lackies. The nature of the Pope and his lackies is completely contrary to what we could surmise from the historical records of Jesus and his lackies.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It can easily be proven that much of Catholic dogma is based on money, control, and opression simply by thinking about the historical context of these creations.
I certainly agree with this. I'll throw in a few points;
- Pope Urban II decreed that one could obtain God's favour by killing Islamic infidels. Also, in addition one could obtain remission from previous sins if they died in battle fighting the infidels.

- Pope Innocent III launched a crusade against heretics in France in 1208. Cathars weren't totally removed from the Church in the things they believed, but the biggest difference was that they believed in direct contact with the divine, placing an emphasis on individual contact. Preempted the need for preists, didn't go down well.

- Walther von der Vogelweide said: "How long wilt thou in slumber lie, O lord?... Thy treasurer steals the wealth that thou hast stored. Thy ministers rob here and murder there, and o'er thy sheep a wolf has shepards care"

- Dominican Inquisitors were just batshit insane, including the formation of such policies whereby each could absolve the other of sin if a victim died prematurely after being tortured ...

- Oh cute side note, a harmless deity from early Roman times (half goat half man), PAN! was demonised by the Church and characterised as satanic. Hence why some people envision Satan to have horns! Cute.

- Anywhore, originally the Church denounced witchcraft as fake but also passed a bill that said if anybod still believed in witches, they were heretics. So if you're a Christian/Catholic but you still believe the town crone is a witch, then you inadvertantly became a heretic yourself. Then in 1400something they reversed that bill and made a new one that segregated witchcraft from your normal heretics. Consequently, any person who argued against the reality of witch craft was a heretic and was insulting the Inquisition.

I can go on and on and on, but it's fairly clear that both religions are fucking ridiculous and are founded on lies, bullshit and power struggles.

That and the Church stole most of its iconography from pagan religions. They stole Jesus's birthday off Sol Invictus (depends who you ask)

thatcher

HSC
Marriage has been secularized and modernized to the extent that it is now a legal, not church ordained institution. If we do not allow access to the law by people who are born with a certain predetermined 'characteristic' like homosexuality, then these so called equal citizens are less equal than other citizens due to no fault, or choice of their own. Everybody who is born should have equal access to the law, treated equally buy it, and be made equally accountable to it. Marriage is a legal institution, and homosexuals are not entitled to access the benefits or privileges of it.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
thatcher said:
Marriage has been secularized and modernized to the extent that it is now a legal, not church ordained institution. If we do not allow access to the law by people who are born with a certain predetermined 'characteristic' like homosexuality, then these so called equal citizens are less equal than other citizens due to no fault, or choice of their own. Everybody who is born should have equal access to the law, treated equally buy it, and be made equally accountable to it. Marriage is a legal institution, and homosexuals are not entitled to access the benefits or privileges of it.
I don't get it. Are you in favour or against, because your statement confuses me.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
advanced sam said:
ive probably completely gone off on the wrong tangent here from your 'discussions' on the last page, but i just think catholic and christain religion is the same.
honestly, no. I've experienced both in depth and I can tell you that the two, although they worship the same God, are different in so many ways.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.

All of the Christian denominations are different, but perhaps Catholicism more than the others.

miss lozzy

HSC
OK.... I know this argument has gone on forever and ever, but this is an issue very close to my heart so please forgive me for prolonging this post.

My uncle is gay. When i was a kid i had two uncles, rather than an aunt and uncle. I suppose, because i grew up with it, (though of course when i was a kid i didn't really understand it) there was no question of whether it was "right" or "wrong". My uncle is a good, intelligent, hard working person and his sexuality, as with all of us, is only a small part that makes up who he is.

There is definitely a scientific basis that supports the view that sexuality is something ingrained in you from birth - you cannot control who you feel attracted to, we all know that. Therefore, it seems unfair to condemn someone for a characteristic which is neither harmful nor, let's face it, related to any ideology. It's nature, dummy, not ethics, and it's our confused ethics that stuff things up and brand people as "evil" and "against nature".

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Well... yeah. If you gotta fart, you gotta fart. No point denying it.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
farting is natual. do you support that.
Yes, I do.

You chose your religion. So did I. I didn't choose my sexuality. Neither did you.

Simple.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I don't think you should advocate homosexuality based on the fact that it's natural. Oh my no, that's just moronic. There are other, more sane ways to advocate it.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
i hear lesbos are pretty fucking hawt hahahahhaarrrrr

miss lozzy

HSC
It's not a matter of "supporting" homosexuality, as if it's a political movement or something! It's a matter of acceptance and understanding.

I was using the nature argument to refute the claim by many Christain groups that homosexuals can be "reformed" and that there is some sort of element of choice in your emotions or attractions toward others.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
miss lozzy said:
I was using the nature argument to refute the claim by many Christain groups that homosexuals can be "reformed" and that there is some sort of element of choice in your emotions or attractions toward others.
Please don't even get me started on how absolutely flawed, harmful and ridiculous the whole 'ex-gay' farce is.

*Buttercup*

HSC
advanced sam said:
ive probably completely gone off on the wrong tangent here from your 'discussions' on the last page, but i just think catholic and christain religion is the same. king changed religion to divorce his wife, i mean come on. they r the same thing, unless theres that whole worship three things if your catholic (like holy spirit, god, ..one more, mary or something) or only believe in jesus or something if your christain. and by king just changing religion just coz he felt like it, is this telling us religion is crap and made up?
Actually the Reformation (which is where Protestantism came from) was started by Martin Luther (well there were others before him, but the main reformation was started by him). It was in Germany. King Henry VIII might have adopted Protestantism cos he preferred its teachings (particularly on divorce), but he didnt make the religion up.

And regarding them both being the same... Christianity and Catholicism came from the same ideas, as in we all believe in the same God, the Bible etc. But Protestantism (what im assuming you mean by Christianity) emerged because the Catholic Church was teaching things that weren't biblical. Martin Luther and others challenged the Church because they were promoting false teachings and manipulating the people to get rich. So they set up a new church which actually followed the bible.

(sorry, i realise this is a tangent from the original discussion....)

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah so they set up a religion that was more batshit insane than the second. Real amazing.

green97

HSC
society in general needs to get over the whole 'gay' stigma, we need to accept that love is universal. so essentially, go the GAYS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)