• No

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Name them.....

I don't think you'll find he has that many. But he does have a behavioural problem. I don't think you know he played state of origon. He was a damn good winger - perhaps you've never watched him play.
well i the paper it listed a shit load of effencses and he had been sent of like 4 or 5 times in his career so i say he does...and he was a gud player, he played for Aus

Smokey_22 said:
AFL is more popular in every state (barring nsw, which is slowly catching up) than League will ever be. 60% of Aussies have AFL as their favourite sport, even over cricket. Why call it gay?
personal preference to union to be honest

HotShot

-_-
HSC
k

max said:
The only discriminating factor lies in the necessity for fitness and ball skills. Don't tell me League isn't discriminating in its need for bulky, 95kg+ bodies for most positions.

!
but anyone get bulky, no one can grow taller, and they would prefer taller players for those positions wont they? and that is discriminating in the sense that short guy just as good would not be picked. In league and union its about physical skills not characteristics.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
well i kno people at my school who play afl and one of them really aint tall but he has just such an immaculate leap that he can get up over taller people and snatch marks...

m_isk

HSC
N/A
did anyone see adam macdougal's tackle the other day. it was undoubtedly reminiscent of hoppa's tackle, and what did he get?? 2 weeks!! what a joke to give hoppa 17 and what a joke that crappy newspapers like the daily telegraph, flogging non existent stories can influence the very fibre of our game

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
max said:
I agree wholeheartedly to Gould's comment, and it saddens me that so many people, including most members of this forum, could throw themselves onto this bandwagon.
i think there was more to the hopoate hit on that Sharks player than just a "shoulder charge" - Hopoate has a long history with incidents like this. you see shoulder charges all the time but none like that one!

i think Hopoate should have been dismissed from Manly a long long time ago. I think in terms of his playing talent he's alright but there has just been too much controversy surrounding him - he gave the club a bad name he should of thought of his eight kids before he did something stupid like this that would jeopardise his career!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Morning Glory said:
i think there was more to the hopoate hit on that Sharks player than just a "shoulder charge" - Hopoate has a long history with incidents like this. you see shoulder charges all the time but none like that one!

i think Hopoate should have been dismissed from Manly a long long time ago. I think in terms of his playing talent he's alright but there has just been too much controversy surrounding him - he gave the club a bad name he should of thought of his eight kids before he did something stupid like this that would jeopardise his career!
yeh i agree only hopp will do stupid things like that

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
he must of known the consequences of the hit when he was lining up the guy

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i recon hopa should go to america and become a wrestler, that way he can should charge alll he likes and he doesnt disggrace aussie sport

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
Stop bagging out Union, it has way more respect than fkin league , we dotn get any fingering happening and its way more physical lmao

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Morning Glory said:
i think there was more to the hopoate hit on that Sharks player than just a "shoulder charge" - Hopoate has a long history with incidents like this!
No, i don't think so. Unless you could elaborate? Media people like Jacqueline Magnay help to make you think this, when it isnt so.

Morning Glory said:
He gave the tigers a bad name too as the finger incidents occurred then. In terms of playing talent he was more than allright.

Apparently he wants to box now!?

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i dnt care much for boxing so i dnt care bout that, and atleast his fingers will have the gloves on and he cnt really shoulder charge

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
man if this happened in like middle east he would of lsot his finger i reckon

(i kno its a generalisation and if i offened by that comment i am sorry)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
No, i don't think so. Unless you could elaborate? Media people like Jacqueline Magnay help to make you think this, when it isnt so.
He gave the tigers a bad name too as the finger incidents occurred then. In terms of playing talent he was more than allright.
As if that was just a routine shoulder charge!! Hop cam flying out of nowhere and practically jumped on that guy!
Ive been a manly supporter for i dont know how long.. its not just people like "Jacqueline Magnay" that give me this impression. He HAS had a long history of trouble off and ON the field, and as if the "fingering" incident isnt enough proof of inappropriate behaviour!
He may be more than "alright" but his behavioural problems just undermine his talent as far as im concerned.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Did u see in the paper he wants to be a boxer

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Morning Glory said:
As if that was just a routine shoulder charge!! Hop cam flying out of nowhere and practically jumped on that guy!
Ive been a manly supporter for i dont know how long.. its not just people like "Jacqueline Magnay" that give me this impression. He HAS had a long history of trouble off and ON the field, and as if the "fingering" incident isnt enough proof of inappropriate behaviour!
He may be more than "alright" but his behavioural problems just undermine his talent as far as im concerned.
I meant Hopoate DIDN'T have a history of incidents like the shoulder charge. It was an isolated incident from anything else in his career and should have been treated that way. It wasn't - thanks to the media.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
I meant Hopoate DIDN'T have a history of incidents like the shoulder charge. It was an isolated incident from anything else in his career and should have been treated that way. It wasn't - thanks to the media.
I totally disagree - he may not have a history of "shoulder charge" incidents but he has a history of behavioural misconduct - like i said as if the "fingering" incident isnt enough proof! this is a case of total misconduct! This player has a history of such unclean hits and other behavioural issues. If he didnt have such a history of misconduct then yeh sure treat it like anyone else - but for someone who has dealt in so much misconduct it was about time that they laid down proper consequences for it!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Korn said:
Did u see in the paper he wants to be a boxer
no one wants hopiwaty end of story
hes unclean and portray a bad image no matter what hes doing
hopiwaty has connotations of fingering :eek: :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)