How are my marks going to end up? (1 Viewer)

A Little Lady

HSC
hi all, im doing a few subjects in year 11 and im really worried how they are going to end up as an atar. my school is very low academically and im afraid that my subjects are also low.
im doing:
modern History
society and culture
ancient history
advanced english
extension eglish
visual arts
automotive TVET

do you know how they will scale? will my school bring down my marks?
thankyou everyone!

muzeikchun852

HSC
hi all, im doing a few subjects in year 11 and im really worried how they are going to end up as an atar. my school is very low academically and im afraid that my subjects are also low.
im doing:
modern History
society and culture
ancient history
advanced english
extension eglish
visual arts
automotive TVET

thankyou everyone!
unfortunately, the cohort of ur school do have a little bit of effect on ur individual marks. range up to 5 marks for 2 units course (someone told me that). as for scaling, i ranked ur subject from high scaling to low:
extension eglish
advanced english
modern History
ancient historysociety and culture / visual arts (not too sure about these two)
automotive TVET

Existential

HSC
N/A
im doing:
modern History
society and culture
ancient history
advanced english
extension eglish
visual arts
automotive TVET

thankyou everyone!
2 unit advanced english MUST be included. your best 8 units are then included.
extension english will prob scale the best if you can manage a reasonable mark out of 50 (this is not easily achieved, esp. in english)
ancient/modern scale evenly, then society, then art.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
if you top everything your school will not bring you down. Your classes aren't really that bad either. If you try hard and do well your ATAR will reflect it.

chrisnumber1

HSC
fuck everyone in your classes, just come first or try your best.....actually you might get an sti and you wouldnt have much time to study(depending on class size).....dw about everyone else:p

Existential

HSC
N/A
if you top everything your school will not bring you down. Your classes aren't really that bad either. If you try hard and do well your ATAR will reflect it.
they're average, but i'm telling you - art scales down

mofo1

Banned
HSC
bathurst=academic= huh?

automotive tvet what der fucky is this?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
2 unit advanced english MUST be included. your best 8 units are then included.
extension english will prob scale the best if you can manage a reasonable mark out of 50 (this is not easily achieved, esp. in english)
ancient/modern scale evenly, then society, then art.
Slight correction - 2 units of English must count which means it could be Extension English and 1 Unit of Advanced as they take the best two units of English not necessarily Advanced when Extension it there.

Modern scales better than Ancient slightly.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Slight correction - 2 units of English must count which means it could be Extension English and 1 Unit of Advanced as they take the best two units of English not necessarily Advanced when Extension it there.

Scales a lot better AFAIK. Then again I'm looking at marks of 95-96 for Modern, so comparing that to Ancient there is a big difference.

Existential

HSC
N/A
doesnt every subject scale down except for ext2 math?
well i tried an ATAR calculator and typed in a score in the 80s for vis. art.

this was severely scaled down.

pity.... i think there should be an Art 1 and Art2 visual arts course like for music (that way good artists who fail at art theory wont be disadvantaged so much)

Existential

HSC
N/A

yes i was assuming that the advanced units score would be higher as ive heard even the best of english students fail the extension 1 exam.

i wasn't aware of the history comparison... i assumed most HSIE's (with the exception of Ab Studies) scale consistently well.

harhar

HSC
scaling doesnt necessarily mean a certain mark - you will do well if you do well

Oobadoo

HSC
well i tried an ATAR calculator and typed in a score in the 80s for vis. art.

this was severely scaled down.

pity.... i think there should be an Art 1 and Art2 visual arts course like for music (that way good artists who fail at art theory wont be disadvantaged so much)
God I wish there was an Art 1 and 2, like Music; then people could actually do Art and not have their mark scaled so hideously! Art 2 (theory) would be the best, not just because it would be theory and art history(I'm sorry if this clashes with your view), whilst scaling well (or not badly), but also because people who choose art for a bludge (all art students know alot of people do so) would be deterred from it. That means your class average wouldn't be so egregous, and you wouldn't have to put up with 'bludgy' students!

Anyway. My advice; unless it's neccessary or you really like it, I'd get rid of TAFE; then you could focus on raising your rank and achieving well. Of course, if you like it, keep it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)