• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How come the roosters are allowed to cheat? (1 Viewer)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
You ask Ian Schubert. I posted it. You do it first. Ill do it next. Go on.

And I'm stopping debating for tonight - theres Tour de France to watch :D :D
Wel u do that. I cant- i dnt have the same connections as you supposedly do.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
How can you say Raiders, Tigers, Souths, Newcastle can't breed their own? YOU ARE A ROOSTERS FAN, YOU BREED THE BARE MINIMUM OF YOUR OWN!! Much of NSW strongest country league areas feed teams like Canberra and Newcastle, plus they are both very strong league areas in their own right. And I am sure the Souths and Wests areas of Sydney are quite strong as well... I'm not saying Roosters don't have good juniors - but lets be honest- how many of them really should be Roosters. I agree with you though, players obviously want to play for Easts because of their success in recent years. I'm not even going to enter the salary cap shit. Roosters have been successful in the past few years, but don't give them so much credit for breeding their own. I think Ricky Stuart (love him or hate him) is a top coach and believe this is another reason for recent signings - as well as his ability to bring out the best in players. Another thing - even though you have been successful recently- you only have one premiership to show for it, so don't get too cocky.
Far out. I never said they couldnt breed their own. i said IF...IF...IF. God damn. i never said they werent strong. For gods sake. You originally said something about tigers, etc but i dnt remember.

While i must admit, some are poached- not all of them are. We have our own talent as well- the assumption that all our jnrs are poached is bullshit. Dnt put the spotlight on roosters, im sure there are other clubs who do it as well. Dnt target us cos it suits the argument at this time.

ONE PREMIERSHIP! wtf/ We've had tweleve First grade titles: 1911, 1912, 1913, 1923, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1974, 1975, 2002 AND 16 Minor premierships:1912, 1913, 1923, 1931, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1945, 1974, 1975, 1980, 1981, 2004. Im not being cocky...i love my club :D.

Thanks for agreeing with me that players come to us cos we're successful, and that Ricky Stuart brings the best out of players- i luv ricky stuart :D.

Btw davo, what team do you go for?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
kimi said:
ONE PREMIERSHIP! wtf/ We've had tweleve First grade titles: 1911, 1912, 1913, 1923, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1974, 1975, 2002
dont forget that of them 12 only 4 (1945 onwards) were with the modern rugby league game, the others were against few teams.

correct me if im wrong (non roosters fans, i know roosters fans will be going on about it not being true)

davo_

good kid
HSC
kimi said:
Far out. I never said they couldnt breed their own. i said IF...IF...IF. God damn. i never said they werent strong. For gods sake. You originally said something about tigers, etc but i dnt remember.

While i must admit, some are poached- not all of them are. We have our own talent as well- the assumption that all our jnrs are poached is bullshit. Dnt put the spotlight on roosters, im sure there are other clubs who do it as well. Dnt target us cos it suits the argument at this time.

ONE PREMIERSHIP! wtf/ We've had tweleve First grade titles: 1911, 1912, 1913, 1923, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1974, 1975, 2002 AND 16 Minor premierships:1912, 1913, 1923, 1931, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1945, 1974, 1975, 1980, 1981, 2004. Im not being cocky...i love my club :D.

Thanks for agreeing with me that players come to us cos we're successful, and that Ricky Stuart brings the best out of players- i luv ricky stuart :D.

Btw davo, what team do you go for?
Yeah sorry shoulda have been more specific - I meant they've only had one premiership in recent years. Meaning they've made the final 4 times in recently but only won once. I'm not diehard supporter as many of you seem to be, but I follow the Raiders, but really just like watching good footy. I'm more of a player than a supporter - which is a good thing in a way - cos I'd like to think I'm one of the least biased people in this forum hah.

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
shortygb said:
dont forget that of them 12 only 4 (1945 onwards) were with the modern rugby league game, the others were against few teams.

correct me if im wrong (non roosters fans, i know roosters fans will be going on about it not being true)
I dnt know. I really dnt know, but like bradley said- the record still stands :D.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
Yeah sorry shoulda have been more specific - I meant they've only had one premiership in recent years. Meaning they've made the final 4 times in recently but only won once. I'm not diehard supporter as many of you seem to be, but I follow the Raiders, but really just like watching good footy. I'm more of a player than a supporter - which is a good thing in a way - cos I think I'm one of the least biased people in this forum hah.
ohh lol. Well everyones' bias in a way- just dnt make assumptions :mad:
Yeh we've only won one premiership in recent years, but we got to grand finals so its alright i guess- in comparison to other clubs.

I have nothing against Raiders- in fact i love Clinton Scifcofske. Hes a awesome fullback (but not as good as mini...my bias coming through)
I cant beleive Simon Woolford gotr a 8-match ban, thats just really bad. He shouldnt get that much, even with Slater writing the letter. Though the spear-tackle was preety bad.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Shouldn't have got 8 weeks, but it did look bad - even if Slater says he wasn't hurt. Spose he doesn't have the best record in the world either.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
The modern era should count as 1998 onwards since the inception of the NRL.

kimi said:
ONE PREMIERSHIP! wtf/ We've had tweleve First grade titles: 1911, 1912, 1913, 1923, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1974, 1975, 2002 AND 16 Minor premierships:1912, 1913, 1923, 1931, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1945, 1974, 1975, 1980, 1981, 2004. Im not being cocky...i love my club
Before 1955 there were no grand finals, so minor premiers were given the title anyway. Before 1940, there were pretty much no competitiveness, and every club during that time won a bloody comp. Grand Finals chokers you guys are. You win the year [2002], where you guys didn't buy players to buy the premiership. It's been downhill on the morality scale since then.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
totally agreed on the concessions roosters seem to get.

Morely is an absolute THUG yet he seems to be let off easy all the time.

dont really dispute stuart as coach.. seems to do an ok job.

seems a bit suss about all these players under the salary cap

and im not going to argue with constip8ed skunk again about minicello's capabilities as a player (i admit he had a great origin 3 game) BUT it seems that players like wing and minicello who arent particularly great get constantly picked in rep teams coz of their status as roosters (who might i add havnt been going that great this year)

Cityboy

HSC
Roosters suck 1 win (against the Warriors) out of attempts in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 thats one from four in five years, you are exactly the same as the Dragons in the 90s.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
SOMEONE GIVE GEORGE PIGGINS A MEDAL. ABSOLUTE LEGEND.

They're all bending cap

By DEAN RITCHIE Rugby League Writer

July 14, 2005

SOUTH Sydney legend George Piggins last night called for an independent audit into the salary cap of rugby league's richest clubs – claiming they're fudging their figures.

An angry Piggins questioned figures quoted in The Daily Telegraph yesterday showing how the Roosters could afford big-name players Braith Anasta and Ashley Harrison and still stay under the NRL's $3.3 million salary cap.

On a day Souths made their first major off-season signing in Kiwi back-rower Joe Galuvao, Piggins claimed some rival clubs were "not playing by the rules" and were hiding money from NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

"It goes without saying [they are fudging the salary cap]," Piggins said.

"Souths always seem to get rolled. Other clubs offer half our figure but get the player.

"If you believe some of the figures those clubs are saying they signed players for then you believe in the tooth fairy."

We love you Piggins, we do.

In other news, Ben Ross is very close to signing with the Sharks at $400k a year
We'll be close to the cap next year if we sign anyone else thats highly rated, but the 400k a year is made up with the loss of Peachey, Stevens, Sully, Galloway, so I'm confident we're not cheating.

Roosters - cheats/

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
davo_ said:
I'm pretty sure someone has already gone through realistic roosters wages, maybe scrollback a few pages, or maybe even in another thread: nonetheless i'm sure I've seen it somewhere in this forum.

I am not doubting Roosters player development skills, and just because the players weren't established does not mean they weren't poached. In fact generally the players the Roosters have poached are those who probably haven't had so much exposure, but have great potential. And don't try and say they wouldn't have met this potential if they hadn't gone to the Roosters, cos you know its bullshit. Clearly players such as Flannery and Crocker aren't Roosters juniors through and through, otherwise they'd be playing for NSW now wouldn't they? I'm pretty sure Bookie's already gone through most of this though so I won't bore you...
I was going to say the exact same thing. All you have to do is look at the Grand Finals in all 3 grades last year. Roosters had teams in Jersey Flegg, Premier League and First Grade GFs. Now the the last team to do that was St. George in the 80s (I think). This was an indication of how strong St. Georges juniors were back then. You would think that the Roosters making all 3 GFs last year is an indication of how strong their juniors are, its not, its an indication of how rich they are.
As I was watching the Jersey Flegg GF last year, I saw some familiar faces, the most familiar was Moke. He was a Canterbury junior, and I remember seeing him play a few times. This guy didnt need developing, he just had natural talent. He was always a strong player.
I gotta say I dont blame the Roosters for poaching players coz they have a shit junior base. The fact that Ricketson is the only Roosters junior in FG is an indication of how crap it is

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Bookie said:
That was a mad final. Some glory could have come to the Shire, but alas, no. :(
The Roosters werent going to be beaten by anyone at that time

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Bookie said:
If you want to prove me wrong, ask Ian Schubert to give you a list of Roosters contracts [he'll be too busy, ask the Rooters CEO], until then - say you have nothing valid to say that they aren't cheating [which only about 10% of the RL population believe].
Thank you for reminding us that we live in a shitty undemocratic country where you are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)