• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How come the roosters are allowed to cheat? (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Catic 120
Cayless 240
Crocker 280
Cross 180
Fa-aso 80
Finch 240
Firman 80
Fitzgibbon 260
Flannery 220
Hannant 60
L'Estrange 70
Lester 80
Minichello 300
Monaghan 140
Morley 220
L Paea 80
M Paea 80
Ricketson 180 (+100 outside the cap 10 year concession)
Roberts 200
Soliola 70
Soward 50
Tupou 80
Walker 200
Webb 90
Wing 300

TOTAL $3900k

Approximately $675000 over the cap. They are just presumptions, but I tried to be as generous as I can [stupid Tigers are paying Keith Galloway $230k a year next year]

ledzeppelin

HSC
brogan77 said:
Congratulations Bookie, i didn't know you replaced Ian Schubert as the new NRL salary cap auditor, can I see your photocopys of the players contracts so that I can verify the calculations. I've conducted my own 'auditing' and have concluded that the Cronulla Sharks are 2 million dollars over the salary cap (see i can pluck numbers out of thin air too, ya jackass).
thought it was worth repeating

Cityboy

HSC
Crocker is on less than 100k, but I agree the Roosters have a never ending salary cap, why? because they are half owned by Lachlan Murdoch and there is a presumption that if you play for the Roosters you will play origin, meaning players sign for a lot less than their market value , this is bad for the NRL as the talent isn't shared around as much and causes teams like the Raiders, Tigers, Souths and Newcastle from signing quality players. Also when will the Roosters produce their own talent, stop buying your success.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
FFS, I told you they're assumptions - ask any non-Rorts fan and I'm pretty sure they would agree that those salaries look realistic. Fucking bogan.
You said it yourself dude, assumptions. They are pure bias and persepctive-driven assumptions made by yourself to make your argument appear 'fuller' and 'valid'.

Non-Rort fans would often be supporters from other clubs- who hate our club- so no, theyre opinions towards your supposed salary caps are also pointless as they are bias. But then, often they wont scoop down to your level and call other clubs cheats when there is no sufficient evidence to suggest it is true.

You THINK they look realistic- but no, actually- to be realistic means to have support for them and yours appears to have come out of your ass. They cant just LOOK realistic when they're based on personal bias. Like brogan77 said, i can say that you are 2mil over the salary cap as well if i wanted.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I remember reading the Telegraph article last year, and I remember reading the rleague articlelast year as well. Haven tread this yeras till now. but its not conclusive enough. He starts getting somewhere, then he trails off and says "I dont care". This guy sounds like a Rooters fan.

I gave my salary thoughts, and they looked pretty close (except I put Sharks junior Firman as 80k when Ritchie said he was 200k, so it makes up for the indescretions I made).

I reckon theyre still cheating, especially with next years $1 million intake.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Cityboy said:
Crocker is on less than 100k, but I agree the Roosters have a never ending salary cap, why? because they are half owned by Lachlan Murdoch and there is a presumption that if you play for the Roosters you will play origin, meaning players sign for a lot less than their market value , this is bad for the NRL as the talent isn't shared around as much and causes teams like the Raiders, Tigers, Souths and Newcastle from signing quality players. Also when will the Roosters produce their own talent, stop buying your success.
To say we have a never-ending salary isnt true because there isnt evidence to say we are breaching it. If players are signing for a lot less than market value and our four major signings last year werent millionarie buys- than why are peple still accusing us of going over the salary cap.The beginning of this year the following clubs were fined for salary cap breaches: Dragons, Melbourne, Sydney Roosters, Penrith and Bulldogs: Storm getting the most at $120,0000. Why dnt u question THAT.?

Not all our players play origin- our coach may be origin but that doesnt mean that there is a definite possibility that each one will play origin. Players sign with us because we are a successful club and its more likely that they will be noticed for Rep if they play for us. Same goes for the Broncos. You cant say that all the clubs in NRL dnt buy some of their players. Rooster do have their own successful jnrs that are all Rooster breeds- its not like theyre all poached- that is not true. If Raiders, Tigers, Souths and Newcastle cant breed their own, dnt blame it on us. We cant possibly sign them ALL.
On the note of the salary cap:
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200507/s1413464.htm

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bookie said:
Write down all the Sharks salaries and show me why they'd be over two million. I made the effort to show you realistically why they were over the cap.
But they're assumptions. I could make "assumptions" on the Sharks to make them over the salary cap as well. Without actual evidence of the contracts, your guesses mean shit all.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Write down all the Sharks salaries and show me why they'd be over two million. I made the effort to show you realistically why they were over the cap.
Im not as sad as you, and if i was to do it: i wouldnt be able to resist the urge of making it suit my argument by making them up like you did. I never made accusations about Sharks being over the salary cap. Im not scooping down to your low level of accusing other clubs and maing accusations.

Oh, realistically my ass. More like manipulated to suit an argument.

bookie said:
I remember reading the Telegraph article last year, and I remember reading the rleague articlelast year as well. Haven tread this yeras till now. but its not conclusive enough. He starts getting somewhere, then he trails off and says "I dont care". This guy sounds like a Rooters fan.

I gave my salary thoughts, and they looked pretty close (except I put Sharks junior Firman as 80k when Ritchie said he was 200k, so it makes up for the indescretions I made).

I reckon theyre still cheating, especially with next years $1 million intake.
Everyone knows the telegraph isnt reliable- SMH yes, telegraph not exactly. And that doesnt mean he's a Roosters fan if he trials off- his opinions may of been of high credibility than yours ever will be. Maybe you didnt read it properly, or just making assumptiosn yet again.

You are saying your salary caps are preety close- basing it on what? there is not evidence that shows exactly what Roosters players are getting.

You 'reckon' they are cheating- but your opinion has no credbility cos you have failed to show me that your arguments are valid. Dnt make assumptions yet again.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
But they're assumptions. I could make "assumptions" on the Sharks to make them over the salary cap as well. Without actual evidence of the contracts, your guesses mean shit all.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bazookajoe again.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hey, I'm not the one trying to keep the contracts confidential. I reckon all clubs will give you their contract lists if you ask them [except for the Roosters]. I know Steve Rogers would, because he's a good man - and because we dont cheat. If you want to prove me wrong, ask Ian Schubert to give you a list of Roosters contracts [he'll be too busy, ask the Rooters CEO], until then - say you have nothing valid to say that they aren't cheating [which only about 10% of the RL population believe].

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bookie said:
Hey, I'm not the one trying to keep the contracts confidential. I reckon all clubs will give you their contract lists if you ask them [except for the Roosters]. I know Steve Rogers would, because he's a good man - and because we dont cheat. If you want to prove me wrong, ask Ian Schubert to give you a list of Roosters contracts [he'll be too busy, ask the Rooters CEO], until then - say you have nothing valid to say that they aren't cheating [which only about 10% of the RL population believe].
I didn't know you were the boss of every single club in the NRL and were willing to give every contract payout.
I also didn't know that you were very close to Steve Rogers and know he's a good man. I also didn't know that you were Ian Schubert, and were able to make a judgement on whether or not to hand out Roosters contracts.
Until you are all of these people, YOU don't have a valid argument.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
So let me get this straight. You KNOW Rogers is a good guy because you've emailed him a couple of times for some Sharks support, yet you've never met him in real life and haven't introduced yourself other than as a Sharks supporter?
Wow, I bet you two are really close.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
I have Rogers' email. Used it a couple of times, but only for Sharks support [ and the release of Galloway ]. Ask through the internet. Its a wonderful thing.
Really? Well ask for the Sharks salary list then. Go on.

davo_

good kid
HSC
kimi said:
Not all our players play origin- our coach may be origin but that doesnt mean that there is a definite possibility that each one will play origin. Players sign with us because we are a successful club and its more likely that they will be noticed for Rep if they play for us. Same goes for the Broncos. You cant say that all the clubs in NRL dnt buy some of their players. Rooster do have their own successful jnrs that are all Rooster breeds- its not like theyre all poached- that is not true. If Raiders, Tigers, Souths and Newcastle cant breed their own, dnt blame it on us. We cant possibly sign them ALL.
How can you say Raiders, Tigers, Souths, Newcastle can't breed their own? YOU ARE A ROOSTERS FAN, YOU BREED THE BARE MINIMUM OF YOUR OWN!! Much of NSW strongest country league areas feed teams like Canberra and Newcastle, plus they are both very strong league areas in their own right. And I am sure the Souths and Wests areas of Sydney are quite strong as well... I'm not saying Roosters don't have good juniors - but lets be honest- how many of them really should be Roosters. I agree with you though, players obviously want to play for Easts because of their success in recent years. I'm not even going to enter the salary cap shit. Roosters have been successful in the past few years, but don't give them so much credit for breeding their own. I think Ricky Stuart (love him or hate him) is a top coach and believe this is another reason for recent signings - as well as his ability to bring out the best in players. Another thing - even though you have been successful recently- you only have one premiership to show for it, so don't get too cocky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)