How competitive is year 12? (1 Viewer)

insomniac90

7/9/08
HSC
Yeah at our school, it really depends on the subject. Like AdvEng, Legal, Chem, Maths are where a lot of the stabbing happens.

Eg, in Legal where im coming first, ill get phone calls, emails, txts the night before a huge assessment is due and ill help everyone of them. But when it comes to English, where i suck, those same poeple wont even give you a minute of help. It's very competitive and im way too nice.

ecd90

HSC
gavvsy said:
i was just wondering, how competitive is year 12 in your school. Would people in your class/year bitch bout the rankings, who comin first, second? Back stab others to get ahead of them etc? Do others help each other when its close to asessments/ trials?
It can get a bit competitive especially when people take exams as a competition, and then try and rub it in your face when they 'beat you'.

ecd90

HSC
theshortykatt said:
depends on schools, classes and different grades.

at my school (christian private), .
Was it really necessary to point out that its christian and private?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
insomniac90 said:
Yeah at our school, it really depends on the subject. Like AdvEng, Legal, Chem, Maths are where a lot of the stabbing happens.

Eg, in Legal where im coming first, ill get phone calls, emails, txts the night before a huge assessment is due and ill help everyone of them. But when it comes to English, where i suck, those same poeple wont even give you a minute of help. It's very competitive and im way too nice.
Well even though the competition is high, I still think that it is really important to work with your cohort. Ultimately, if everyone in your cohort achieve high marks of around the same area in the externals then that would do wonders for your scaling. For example, for your internal assessments, only your ranks would matter. As you know, the person who was ranked 1 in terms of school assessment mark would receive the top mark in the external examination, regardless of who received that top mark. So there's some responsibility there to all achieve highly and support each other. For example, if the top mark was say, 97% and the second highest was 86%, then the person who came rank 2 in the internals is really screwed aren't they? That's why it's so important to work as a cohort. I mean, look at the external marks schools like Ruse. The marks are so evenly distributed. It's like: 100, 100, 99, 99, 99, 98, 98, 98, 97, 97

wendus

krawr.
HSC
gavvsy said:
i was just wondering, how competitive is year 12 in your school. Would people in your class/year bitch bout the rankings, who comin first, second? Back stab others to get ahead of them etc? Do others help each other when its close to asessments/ trials?
at our school it's really supportive. people swap notes, help each other out, etc. there's not much bitchiness at all despite it being all girls.

yahhc

HSC
our school is very competitive
the top person will get bitched about so much by the people that come second or third or fourth
even if its 1 or 2 percent
and if that person scabs extra marks to beat someone, that person will be bitched about heaps
and no people dont like to share notes and people at the top being beaten by someone originally lower, they will be very pissed off

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: How competitive is year 12?

Pre-trials, every man for themselves.
Post-traisl, if people still persist on being competitive, they're the shit kind of people

Unk Chunk

HSC
It is certainly more competitive than any other school year. In the past it was a friendly competition between you and your mates but now when you come first you get the cold shoulder treatment. What gives?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Hmm, in my school - well as of 2008 people! Take note. It's not really competitive, no one cares too greatly about ranks, that being said ... There are a few hardout people though who are always trying to find out everyone's mark to form mental rankings. And i'm like, just fuckin relax, only year 11 - your preliminary rank = ego stroker.

floe

HSC
welll at my school u get da gurls who r cool n not competitive den der r groups of gurls who really bitchy we it cums 2 studi note n exms n stuff i think its really dum coz u noe u need 2 work in a team if one group fails it drags the rest downn... thank da lord my mates aint like dat :cool: ;) :D

jaychouf4n

HSC
In my school for Y11, for the top 20 places, everyone is fighting over little marks, even me =]

It's really really competitive.

what--if

HSC
My grade is hugely competitive, but not in a bitchy/backstabbing way. Everyone is just really smart, so there's pretty fierce competition in terms of ranks (especially when it comes to the top 10 in subjects like english and modern history). Lots of constantly asking others how they went in an attempt to decipher ranks progressively. Things can get a little frosty at times, but we all help each other out. Two of my good friends and I never stopped battling for 1st place in each english course lol, but it was always done in a friendly manner :)

Animals

Banned
HSC
Year 11's, let me tell you, year twelve is a fight to the death. It's a dog fight, and you've got to use slit-throat tactics to get that extra edge. The HSC world is a dog-eat-dog world. If you don't bite your classmates and kill them off, they will kill you off, and when they do, you'll just wither away and die.

:)

lucidassembly

HSC
Animals said:
Year 11's, let me tell you, year twelve is a fight to the death. It's a dog fight, and you've got to use slit-throat tactics to get that extra edge. The HSC world is a dog-eat-dog world. If you don't bite your classmates and kill them off, they will kill you off, and when they do, you'll just wither away and die.
That sounds terribly encouraging :p I think you may have scared away all the year 11's now.

Animals

Banned
HSC
lucidassembly said:
That sounds terribly encouraging :p I think you may have scared away all the year 11's now.
It's true though isn't it?

(say yes)

lucidassembly

HSC
Animals said:
It's true though isn't it?

(say yes)
Yeah, it kind of is lol. It'd be so much nicer if it wasn't.

Still... things are generally ok at my school. Very competitive and very rank-focused, but not to a pathologically bitchy level.

morgoe

HSC
Year 12 was pretty bad in some subjects. I sort of stayed out of the competitiveness of it.. there are a couple of guys in history that are ridiculously competitive, and they say that its ruined their love of the subject. Sure they've come first, but I've sat along with a decent amount of work and little competitiveness and came a close 3rd. I guess if you're going for the 98 and 99's then you need that competitiveness but you can get mid-high 90's without having to get involved.

MaddyR

HSC
It's competitive like hell until all the internal assessments and trials are over. Then you find once you get to HSC everyone wants to help each other out, swapping notes, asking a shitload of questions etc. Cause you've already established your rank now you just want EVERYONE to get good marks so you all get scaled up up and away.

Takuto

HSC
MaddyR said:
It's competitive like hell until all the internal assessments and trials are over. Then you find once you get to HSC everyone wants to help each other out, swapping notes, asking a shitload of questions etc. Cause you've already established your rank now you just want EVERYONE to get good marks so you all get scaled up up and away.
haha yeah, mostly

but there are a significant amount of people who are still competitive after trials..

they're all fagtards though, so it makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)